Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Seems excessive for high school, but as a friend of mine who was recently transferred to the area told me. "There are two seasons here, football and spring football". Their facilities are amazing and better than a lot of colleges.

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id59.html

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id6.html

That's a highschool? Insane, but that roof looks awfully low. Or is that just a practice facility. Either way that gym is nicer then a lot of gym's I've been into.

That's a highschool? Insane, but that roof looks awfully low. Or is that just a practice facility. Either way that gym is nicer then a lot of gym's I've been into.

I wonder how much use it gets from other sports (baseball, soccer, etc) or is it just a football specific facility.

Edited by Hordie Gowe

City immediately north of me is building a new football stadium for their high school.

The vent: $60,000,000 price tag, 16,000 seats. HIGH SCHOOL

Which High school was it?

Our football team has 2 all turf practice fields 5 total including the 3 grass ones, that our soccer and lacrosse teams use now. They also have 2 massive weight rooms, a trainers office, a massive coaching office with plasmas, and really nice locker rooms.

The only other program with big budget spending at our school is baseball, who have an indoor batting cage. The only reason they got that funding is because they are ranked 2nd in the state right now. And most of the football kids play it in the spring.

Our Basketball court is pretty nice, not the best but still pretty nice.

Oh my lanta i just looked at those pictures and that is insane.

Oh and I think I figured it out Drew. Is it Allen?

Edited by starsfan71

My highschools weight room was this tiny cramped smelly room with old equipment. The football team used it AND senior year of gym every gym class has to go there for 2 weeks and learn how to lift weights. I can't imagine a school having stuff like that dedicated to just the team. Damn.

My highschool weight room was also the community centre weight room. And it was a 10th the size of that one. Although in Canada high school football is nothing compared to what it is in the states.

It's so big, but also very corrupt. My school was involved in one of the biggest high school steroid scandals of all time, my brother was actually on the team during that time

There is an article on it here http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spe/2005/s...resistance.html.

When I played football I never felt pressured to do steroids but then again I was the kicker, but there were certainly a lot of pressures on performing which is eventually why I quit. I remember no one talking to me for a few days because I missed the 49 yard field goal that would have put us ahead of our rival. That was only Junior Varsity, I couldn't imagine what would happen if I missed that same kind of kick in a varsity game.

The funniest part is how few wind up playing D1 football let alone the NFL.

I think a lot more high schoolers from FL make D1 over Texas. In Florida football is taken extremely serious, particularly out of major cities... but I've never heard of a school getting these kind of private facilities.

My highschool weight room was also the community centre weight room. And it was a 10th the size of that one. Although in Canada high school football is nothing compared to what it is in the states.

shaquille o'neal himself footed the bill for my highschool's new gymnasium and fitness centre... two years after i graduated.

I think a lot more high schoolers from FL make D1 over Texas. In Florida football is taken extremely serious, particularly out of major cities... but I've never heard of a school getting these kind of private facilities.

The talent out of Texas and Florida is very similar. The top three HS Football states are Florida, Texas, and California. The next couple are Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and then pretty much everyone else.

I hate jackasses in a beer league. One two handed chop over the head and a check from behind that put me through the goalie and into the boards head first tonight. Assholes like that shouldn't be allowed to play in a rec league.

The talent out of Texas and Florida is very similar. The top three HS Football states are Florida, Texas, and California. The next couple are Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and then pretty much everyone else.

I think you'd be surprised at just how many players come out of NJ. Sure, they play at bigger schools in other states, but they seem to grow in the Garden State!

Chadd,

Had guys like that in the one Sunday AM rec league I played in years ago. Those guys were the "tough guys", you know.. never played organized hockey, but are out there head hunting. One guy claimed to be the toughest guy in the area JR. C league here (probably 20 yrs ago mind you). I guess for some the dream is never over. You know how all those scouts hang out at rec league games.......

Chadd,

Had guys like that in the one Sunday AM rec league I played in years ago. Those guys were the "tough guys", you know.. never played organized hockey, but are out there head hunting. One guy claimed to be the toughest guy in the area JR. C league here (probably 20 yrs ago mind you). I guess for some the dream is never over. You know how all those scouts hang out at rec league games.......

Guys like that are hilarious, I led every team I played on in my junior career in penalty minutes(I also hold a league record, only person to take off my skate and try to stab someone) but since my competive career ended I don't think I've had a single minor for anything other than obstruction. Funny how guys like that claim to have played that role in their "Junior" career but anyone thats been around someone who has actually filled that role can tell you they left it on the ice in their last competive game except for your occasional Billy Tibbetts type nut case

I think I have "runner's knee." That's amazing because I never run anywhere...

Get some massage (even self-applied) going on your vastus lateralis - you'd be amazed how often that can vanish in minutes.

Get some massage (even self-applied) going on your vastus lateralis - you'd be amazed how often that can vanish in minutes.

thanks man. I'm also switching to the heating pad instead of ice some of the time now.

I hate jackasses in a beer league. One two handed chop over the head and a check from behind that put me through the goalie and into the boards head first tonight. Assholes like that shouldn't be allowed to play in a rec league.

i hear ya.

not anywhere near as severe or malicious, but in our first game of the season, there was one opponent who kept skating right into our goalie. he kept saying "forward momentum" as an excuse for crashing him. i said "your skates. they have brakes built in" then the next shift he snow sprays our goalie in the face. buddy. its game one of the men's spring league season, not game one of the stanley cup final. those snow sprays are major catalysts.

Edited by shotty

Broke up with the girlfriend of a year and a half. Been a pretty tough couple days. The positive is we parted ways on good terms which makes things a little easier

Taking off the skate to try to stab someone? Classy, regardless if in rec or competitive games...

Friend of mine, playing in a travel league, years back, got hit from behind in open ice. As he was on the ice, kid ripped off my friend's helmet and kicked him in the head (with his skate on). Skated off the ice, somehow got into his car without anyone stopping him, and drove off. Kid ended up only getting a USA Hockey ban. Ridiculous.