Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I wouldn't have been mad that he reversed it and I'm not mad that he didn't. It really does set a pretty bad precedent.

Craving oysters. Unfortunately with the BP clusterfuck there aren't any Gulf oysters and the pathetic Atlantic oysters they have here are $35/dozen. May never have a gulf oyster again let alone gulf seafood. :(

Craving oysters. Unfortunately with the BP clusterfuck there aren't any Gulf oysters and the pathetic Atlantic oysters they have here are $35/dozen. May never have a gulf oyster again let alone gulf seafood. :(

Feeling you dude :(

Ya if you reverse one wrong call you gotta reverse them all.

I would think that, given the circumstances, there should have been some "special consideration" given to the play in question. Fuck, it's the 27th out of a Perfect Game.

I'm not going to speculate what the "approval rating" would have been in clubhouses around the league, but I really think Bud would have done himself (as well as the players, umpires AND fans) right if he would have reached out to the management of all 30 clubs and asked for their blessings to overturn the call and put the guy in the record books....with the understanding that it would have been an EXTREMELY unique situation; a one-time thing before further implementation of instant replay rules-----------

THEN (pending the go-ahead from all 30 teams), made a statement to the public in which 1) he acknowledged that the demand and necessity for instant replay reform in MLB to be real, 2) promised reform to the current system (or lack thereof) within this season and 3) ceremoniously awarded Armando Galarraga his Perfect Game as the result of the first ruling to be overturned by instant replay (outside of Home Run controversies currently settled by replay).

As it stands now, I think the situation is a black eye for Major League Baseball and is a kick to the balls of Armando Galarraga and - possibly to an even greater degree - Jim Joyce. I don't think there is anyone in this world who would have loved to see that call overturned more than that man.

I wouldn't have been mad that he reversed it and I'm not mad that he didn't. It really does set a pretty bad precedent.

Tough decision, hard to call it totally wrong and a problem either way he decided. If he'd wanted to reverse it, a request from the umpire might make it a unique situation from the standpoint of precedent.

I dont know how this keeps happening... But, my team's puck keep disappearing! I started with twenty. Now I have 10... They must have gone of to the sock dimension, with my socks!

Chris Pronger is about :angry:

But seriously, watch the refs and other team after the game. Refs will stick them in their pocket without even thinking about it, and people on the other team may be grabbing them thinking it is their own team's puck.

I would think that, given the circumstances, there should have been some "special consideration" given to the play in question. Fuck, it's the 27th out of a Perfect Game.

I'm not going to speculate what the "approval rating" would have been in clubhouses around the league, but I really think Bud would have done himself (as well as the players, umpires AND fans) right if he would have reached out to the management of all 30 clubs and asked for their blessings to overturn the call and put the guy in the record books....with the understanding that it would have been an EXTREMELY unique situation; a one-time thing before further implementation of instant replay rules-----------

THEN (pending the go-ahead from all 30 teams), made a statement to the public in which 1) he acknowledged that the demand and necessity for instant replay reform in MLB to be real, 2) promised reform to the current system (or lack thereof) within this season and 3) ceremoniously awarded Armando Galarraga his Perfect Game as the result of the first ruling to be overturned by instant replay (outside of Home Run controversies currently settled by replay).

As it stands now, I think the situation is a black eye for Major League Baseball and is a kick to the balls of Armando Galarraga and - possibly to an even greater degree - Jim Joyce. I don't think there is anyone in this world who would have loved to see that call overturned more than that man.

I could not agree more with every statement you just said. But, the tradeoff was pretty neat. Day game the next day and Galarraga brings the lineup card to a tearful Jim Joyce, then is presented with a brand new Chevy Corvette. At least they're trying to make it right, when Selig is doing wrong.

Fellas, you can't have the commissioner reversing safe/out calls from a game. What is next, reversing balls and strikes because we all know that sometimes home plate umps get those wrong from time to time. The call stands. Was it a collosal f---up? Yes. Should they change the outcome of it? No.

Not only that, but from what I hear, we've seen the last of spring break on FL beaches, too... unless you like your bikini-clad co-eds covered in tar, that is :( On the bright side, it probably means no more Miami Vice sequels <_<

The Atlantic side is still pretty clean, isn't it?

For now :(

Not only that, but from what I hear, we've seen the last of spring break on FL beaches, too... unless you like your bikini-clad co-eds covered in tar, that is :( On the bright side, it probably means no more Miami Vice sequels <_<

Good thing Panama City JUST opened their international airport.

The Atlantic side is still pretty clean, isn't it?

Not for long. Here are the best available projections, based on computer models of the currents:

It's going to be interesting to see how the world adapts to an entire food system becoming unusable. Shellfish and fish stocks will be decimated if not outright extinct.

It's going to be interesting to see how the world adapts to an entire food system becoming unusable. Shellfish and fish stocks will be decimated if not outright extinct.

Luckily the largest sources of quality shrimp and the most popular fish sources aren't from the gulf. As long as there is Salmon and black tiger shrimp, I'm going to be alright. It's going to suck for grouper though. :(

Luckily the largest sources of quality shrimp and the most popular fish sources aren't from the gulf. As long as there is Salmon and black tiger shrimp, I'm going to be alright. It's going to suck for grouper though. :(

For now. This is only a situation which will get worse. Plus you can expect the cost of shrimp to skyrocket with Americans competing with the Japanese for pacific and undo-pacific waters. Farmed fish will probably double in cost.

For now. This is only a situation which will get worse. Plus you can expect the cost of shrimp to skyrocket with Americans competing with the Japanese for pacific and undo-pacific waters. Farmed fish will probably double in cost.

Most of the quality shrimp we eat is from Ecuador, Guatemala and India. The pinks from the gulf are "poor" food, really only largely eaten in the Southern states, most often in crawfish boils.

I'm really concerned with what will happen once this breaches the Gulf. I can imagine it will be far more disastrous than we expect. I'm still taken aback with the lack of news coverage however.