Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Heard that...after working 5-10 Fridaym 6-12:30 Saturday, 9-4:15 Sunday, and a night of drinking...no way I was feeling working today at 8:00.

Gatorade + Ibuprofen = my best friend today.

Edited by EBondo

Well I had a dumbass moment this weekend as I cut the tip of my middle finger on the left hand with a miter saw. 13 hours at the ER and a few stitches later I find myself taking 20 minutes to type a two line email on top of not being able to play hockey for two weeks.. and it hurts like a bitch. Luckily the tip of my finger was still attached so I haven't lost anything...

It's 31 degrees in my house right now. :( I don't even think I should bother TRYING to sleep. No AC...just a shitty little fan.

FML

It's 31 degrees in my house right now. :( I don't even think I should bother TRYING to sleep. No AC...just a shitty little fan.

FML

Look at the bright side, summer is over in a week or two up there.

Heard that...after working 5-10 Fridaym 6-12:30 Saturday, 9-4:15 Sunday, and a night of drinking...no way I was feeling working today at 8:00.

Gatorade + Ibuprofen = my best friend today.

18 hours in three days? My god, how are you still alive after being so terribly overworked?!?! :rolleyes:

Look at the bright side, summer is over in a week or two up there.

It's down to a 'comfortable' 29 this morning :) I hope it's still hot like this when all you Yanks get up here in a few weeks. *L*

Most car alarms have an option to turn the horn beep off when activating the alarm. Please use it. I don't need to know your car is locked at 3am or jump out of my skin when standing beside your freshly locked vehicle.

FML

And here I thought my family was the only one who didn't use air conditioning. At least you have a fan, I had to go lay on the floor underneath my window. Will probably have to do this 3 more times as we should be getting under the 30 degree mark on Friday.

And here I thought my family was the only one who didn't use air conditioning. At least you have a fan, I had to go lay on the floor underneath my window. Will probably have to do this 3 more times as we should be getting under the 30 degree mark on Friday.

My family always had AC....but none of the partments I had after I moved out did. I was in a basement apt for a while, so it's kinda hard to install a windown unit. When I bought the house, I thought "I've been without for so long...how bad can it get" :( Apparently this bad!

It's down to a 'comfortable' 29 this morning :) I hope it's still hot like this when all you Yanks get up here in a few weeks. *L*

I'll dig in the closet, but I think we have an old window unit that we don't use. If so, I'll bring it along for you.

This ran in my CMU's newspapers coverage on Michigans texting while driving ban.

:facepalm:

We need a "The Facepalm Spot".

Edited by Hradsky

18 hours in three days? My god, how are you still alive after being so terribly overworked?!?! :rolleyes:

Well...when you're standing in front of a 525 degree oven in 95 degree heat in two of the busiest days out of the year for us, it's easy to feel "overworked."

Venting note:

devicej.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My vent for today.

I had yesterday off work and I work nights so I've still got 7ish hours before I have to get ready for work. So me and some co-workers had a party. Oh my god am I hungover as balls.

Ugh. :wacko:

There is a "the stupid things people do" thread. Perhaps it could be expanded to the "the stupid things people say and do." Certainly that article would qualify.

Well...when you're standing in front of a 525 degree oven in 95 degree heat in two of the busiest days out of the year for us, it's easy to feel "overworked."

Venting note:

devicej.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's nothing. we broke a record in Bridgeport CT, 106 with the feel of 115. Thank god I've been at the rink all day

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/Index.php?showtopic=43565&st=0&p=635193&hl=silly%20things%20humans%20&fromsearch=1entry635193

The silly things humans do.

Nothing left of the ACL in my left knee. Going in for the replacement (cadaver) on the 23rd. Not on the ice for 6 months apparently. The only redeeming thing about the ordeal is that they want me on a bike within a handful of weeks......I wonder at what intensity I can go on the bike at that point......... ;)

Nothing left of the ACL in my left knee. Going in for the replacement (cadaver) on the 23rd. Not on the ice for 6 months apparently. The only redeeming thing about the ordeal is that they want me on a bike within a handful of weeks......I wonder at what intensity I can go on the bike at that point......... ;)

I feel for you man. Pretty sure I tore my ACL in my right knee. Getting an MRI today

I feel for you man. Pretty sure I tore my ACL in my right knee. Getting an MRI today

Good luck guys, it really sucks to be off the ice. I couldn't skate for a month with my hip and I almost went insane. Hope for the best

Had 16th row dead center tickets to Rush, of course they play at the only place in Chicago that doesn't have a roof over the seats. Beautiful outside all day, minus the heat. 20 minutes after being at the venue it starts to pour. After waiting around another hour after the start time for the show it gets cancelled. Just my luck, kicking myself in the ass that I didn't get tickets to mondays show. Any other venue in the Chicagoland area and the show would have went on. Hopefully they reschedule for when I am still in town.

Had 16th row dead center tickets to Rush, of course they play at the only place in Chicago that doesn't have a roof over the seats. Beautiful outside all day, minus the heat. 20 minutes after being at the venue it starts to pour. After waiting around another hour after the start time for the show it gets cancelled. Just my luck, kicking myself in the ass that I didn't get tickets to mondays show. Any other venue in the Chicagoland area and the show would have went on. Hopefully they reschedule for when I am still in town.

That sucks man. hopefully you still get to see Rush. I hate when Bands don't reschedule shows. Weezer never rescheduled their show in Boston

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks