Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Lost my job.

Sucks to lose a gig in tough times. On the plus side, you've got the rest of the summer off. Small consolation but it worked for a buddy of mine and myself when we were both out way back when.

according to the TBL gear thread, hes no longer with the lightning for those that dont have the buy sell. Really sorry to hear about the lost job. Hopefully you can get another one quick in the hockey industry. Open your own pro shop :) Good luck man

City decided to change the signs on the street in front of my office where I have been parking for the last 15 years or so. Parked there yesterday, in fact. Ended up with a ticket today. I got a ticket for GOING TO WORK!

Got to play some golf today. Great except by the back nine i could hardly drive. My right knee just couldnt support my swing. Still played decently, but my pain and instability in my knee hasnt faded since April. Freakin doctors. Cut me open or do whatev and fix me already...

At the pet store I work at, some 30 years old lady comes to me and asks where is the bathroom doing the little jumpy thing a 5 year old does when they have to pee. So I tell her where it is and I go back 5 mins later to find a puddle of piss outside the bathroom and the lady is shopping around like nothing happened. How do I know it was her you say? Well she left her panties on the bathroom floor as proof and who had to clean it all up.....THIS GUY :angry:

At the pet store I work at, some 30 years old lady comes to me and asks where is the bathroom doing the little jumpy thing a 5 year old does when they have to pee. So I tell her where it is and I go back 5 mins later to find a puddle of piss outside the bathroom and the lady is shopping around like nothing happened. How do I know it was her you say? Well she left her panties on the bathroom floor as proof and who had to clean it all up.....THIS GUY :angry:

That's brutal. I dodged that bullet once at my old job, except it was the deuce. I got in, someone tipped me off, and I hid in the stock room until the assignment was given. I was willing to take a tardy just to avoid it.

3 hours from now......the ACL in my left knee will be replaced and the long recovery begins......

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Spree.

Bf got moved to second shift for three months a couple weeks ago and I've been getting creeped out being at home alone at night since he doesn't get home til 3am. So, maybe all the blinds are pulled shut and I make sure all the doors and windows are locked once or twice a night.. Hand gun and hockey stick are within an arms reach from the bed :unsure:

I have a feeling it's going to be a stressful home for awhile as his company announced this week that they are laying off 75% of it's workforce within the next 2-5 years and/or it's also planning to move the company out of the state. :sad:

Me and my vest friend were at pick up last night. 1st shift in he tries to jump over the stick of a defender, gets drilled by the other D-man and just collapses to the ground. The D-bag slashes him on the shoulder and tells him not to be a pussy. Once my friend gets his bearings, he has sharp stomach pain. Went right to the ER. At 4 this morning he gets the diagnosis of a ruptured appendix. He's in surgery now, I'm waiting for him to get out in the waiting room. Prayers please.

Yep.....got the femoral nerve block. Actually had very little pain or discomfort so far, but i am sure that that will wear off this afternoon when the nerve block has done its job. But i have a Game Ready Ice Machine, good drugs, beautiful brunette taking care of me......so life isn't too bad. ;)

good luck man. My surgery is on the 4th. Are you having a nerve block?

Yep.....got the femoral nerve block. Actually had very little pain or discomfort so far, but i am sure that that will wear off this afternoon when the nerve block has done its job. But i have a Game Ready Ice Machine, good drugs, beautiful brunette taking care of me......so life isn't too bad. ;)

good to hear man.

good luck man. My surgery is on the 4th. Are you having a nerve block?

Ha. We'll be surgery buddies, except my recovery will be a bit quicker. Best of luck with your ACL. I'm having 4 wisdom teeth removed, and it's gonna be horrible because i'm a wind instrumentalist, and have to prepare for a parade.

Go to back the van up the laneway that is shared with my neighbours so I can hook up the camper and they have parked their SUV in it and have gone away. May have to push it into the street.

ithe nerve block is strange, because my wife had it as well as well. when she told our doctor about it here in canada, he had this puzzled look on his face... he had never heard of it. even our insurance didn't cover it initially because they considered it "excessive".

Ha. We'll be surgery buddies, except my recovery will be a bit quicker. Best of luck with your ACL. I'm having 4 wisdom teeth removed, and it's gonna be horrible because i'm a wind instrumentalist, and have to prepare for a parade.

So............ like 3 months ? :biggrin:

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

Hip bursitis, no football for 2-3 weeks. Finally went to the doctor today and he said I can skate due to the low impact on the hip joint. So sticktime sounds good for now. Good thing is no more 5 AM wake-ups for football. :)