Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Allergies. Can't breath through my nose, horrible headaches, and I'm missing the first day of training camp for HS hockey along with 6 other kids that had to leave school early.

They should just go to composite or metal with a maximum allowable COR like they do with golf clubs. Require the manufacturer to certify that it is legal before shipping with large penalties for shipping an illegal bat and spot check each team randomly.

Aluminum bats are extremely dangerous for a pitcher...they will never use aluminum at the pro level and they shouldn't be used at the collegiate level either. With the kind of bat speed the pros can generate there will be little to no reaction time even for the infielders. Not to mention how much farther they'd have to move the fences back. The best option is to just get rid of the maple IMO.

Which is why they'd have a maximum allowable COR. That would ensure that the ball can come off of the bat no hotter than it would a normal wood bat. If you're worried about bat speed then make a minimum weight requirement, as well.

Freakin' NHL Network keeps blacking out games on my cable system. They're just pre-season games, for pity's sake. So not only do I not get the game, I don't even get a classic game or talk or something... just effin' black :angry:

WS Skate huh?

You'd be better off shipping the skates to someone to mount, especially at their prices.

My current gripe? Buying a car. UGH

Good luck with the car. Dealing with salesmen all day can become a real pain in the ass.

Where are some good places to ship my skates? Also, do you know if Darkstar's shop does this?

Good luck with the car. Dealing with salesmen all day can become a real pain in the ass.

Where are some good places to ship my skates? Also, do you know if Darkstar's shop does this?

Yes, he does. Very well at that.

it frustrates me to read certain posts by one member in particular who doesn't really do anything but give his opinion on everything, hardly on topic and never answers a question fully. Don't waste peoples time, nobody really cares what you have to think, so stop trying to pad your post count.

it frustrates me to read certain posts by one member in particular who doesn't really do anything but give his opinion on everything, hardly on topic and never answers a question fully. Don't waste peoples time, nobody really cares what you have to think, so stop trying to pad your post count.

Is the member's name Adam14? LOL!!! Oh, wait, it can't be you, you're venting in the venting thread....damn....insert face palm.

LOL, nah, I only post in threads with relevant information to the discussion, well most of the time at least. I know everybody gets off topic at one point or another, but said member never really seems to post anything useful.

Edited by adam14

New rink GM took away all my keys except to the office. I don't even have a key to get into where I keep my gear! Oh well I guess when someone needs to pay or register for league, the lazy icemen forget to unlock the locker rooms, the lights go out that are on a timer or someone gets hurt and I'm not on the clock I'm not going to spend 10 mins trying to track someone down for a damn key. Fuck it. If no one else is worried I guess I shouldn't be either. Pretty damn irritated and close to quitting right now.

I'm getting very frustrated with my HS team, all we do during captain's practice is skate. We see pucks for the last 5 minutes which is a joke. I herd the first 2 weeks of practices we don't see pucks either. What does our coach have against pucks.. hmmm. I'm dying to get ahold of a puck and just take some shot so I'm used to having a puck on my stick. I havn't touched a puck since mid summer.

Sporadic fever and choking up lung butter for over a week while the wife's out of town and I'm taking sole care of the kids. Sick and tired of trying to smile through being sick and tired.

Also: Two year olds going through the "Why?" phase:

"Why is there that in there?"

"There's nothing in there."

"Why?"

"We store those in the cupboards."

"Why is there cupboards?" (How the hell do you even start to answer that one?)

"So we can store things."

"Why?"

I love my little boy, and want him to stay curious and articulate, but sweet Jesus, sometimes my head's ready to pop.

My partner broke her ankle last night at our 2nd team practice of the season on some crappy ice that hasn't been right since they laid it 3 weeks ago. Now not only do I have to take care of an injured love-of-my-life and watch her go through all this pain and shit... but I've also lost my best power forward!

I'm getting very frustrated with my HS team, all we do during captain's practice is skate. We see pucks for the last 5 minutes which is a joke. I herd the first 2 weeks of practices we don't see pucks either. What does our coach have against pucks.. hmmm. I'm dying to get ahold of a puck and just take some shot so I'm used to having a puck on my stick. I havn't touched a puck since mid summer.

What do you have against conditioning?? It's also a rather important attribute, along with shooting and passing. Possibly even more important.

What do you have against conditioning?? It's also a rather important attribute, along with shooting and passing. Possibly even more important.

True, but there are ways to do it without turning off the team.

Sporadic fever and choking up lung butter for over a week while the wife's out of town and I'm taking sole care of the kids. Sick and tired of trying to smile through being sick and tired.

Also: Two year olds going through the "Why?" phase:

"Why is there that in there?"

"There's nothing in there."

"Why?"

"We store those in the cupboards."

"Why is there cupboards?" (How the hell do you even start to answer that one?)

"So we can store things."

"Why?"

I love my little boy, and want him to stay curious and articulate, but sweet Jesus, sometimes my head's ready to pop.

I remember being at resturant and a kid wouldn't leave his dad alone with the what, why, when, how? the dad finally snapped, "Just shut it for a minute", I sat there thinking what a terrible dad. Now with two kids, one who doesn't stop asking questions all day long, some days I could just snap "Shut Up, I don't know", I don't, but if your a parent you understand.

I understand where your coming from this but since it's captain's practices, if the coaches are on the ice, pucks arn't allowed. We don't see pucks at all. I'm curious about how the first game will be when know one knows how to react to a puck in play, and actually game play. All we do is skate. It's like baptism by fire.. but worse.

I understand where your coming from this but since it's captain's practices, if the coaches are on the ice, pucks arn't allowed. We don't see pucks at all. I'm curious about how the first game will be when know one knows how to react to a puck in play, and actually game play. All we do is skate. It's like baptism by fire.. but worse.

Just have faith in your coaches. Trust what they tell you, and how they teach you. It's probably a good bet that they have a plan in mind, and they just might know a bit more about the game and their game plan than you.

It's not a lot of fun, but it's meant to improve you as an individual and as a team.