Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

The question I would ask is how long are you working out and how much intensity? To burn fat it is recommended that you work at a moderate intensity for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. You can break that up into 3 ten minute exercises if you want. The elliptical should have the guidelines for your heart rate of a moderate intensity.

I do 30 minutes at a clip, at a pretty good rate. I usually keep my heart rate around 150.

Have you considered a program with strength and power training (not hypertrophy), followed by high intensity interval training? It works for me.

Circuit training. Basically do intense exercise for short bursts, with short recovery intervals. MOST HATED exercise in my time in the army, i would have rather done a 7 or 8km run than do circuit training for 30mins. However, it really helps you burn a lot.

See a flyer in the paper advertising Vapor XXX, Easton SE's and CCM U+ sticks for $39.99. Despite not needing more sticks (seriously? Who doesn't need more sticks?) I can't pass up the deal so I rush through a meeting and some stuff at work to boot it up to the store only to be greeted by a sign saying that there was an error in the flyer and the actual price should have been $99.99. Not such a great deal and a waste of my time.

Dear Pain In My Ass League Player,

You Sir, are the epitome of every idiot in adult hockey. Out of the 343 league players you are the only one that feels the need to run your mouth and cause problems in every single game, no matter what level. You are obviously a very weak-minded person and I feel sorry for whatever happened to you in your past that turned you into someone that preys on the weak or the ones unable to retaliate against you. Whether that's because you're only 5'2" or because your dick doesn't touch your underwear, I'm still not completely sure. The thing about you is that you are just sneaky enough that you know how to munipulate the system and stay in that grey area to get away with things. I find it funny that you don't understand why someone would whale on you after you threaten to kill their wife and break their neck, pulling their feet from them on a breakaway and sending them flying into the boards while you proclaim innocence. That's not even the touching all the other things you say and do to officials, timekeepers, players and fans. Your immaturity doesn't stop there, you continue to harass me about how my team supposedly paid off the refs during our last game against your team, and that's it's an obvious conspiracy why refs call penalties on you. Here's a thought, keep your mouth shut and keep your stick to yourself! Maybe if you didn't pull out your mouthguard at every stop in play to bitch at the refs they wouldn't know you so well. By the way, you can have my ref jersey anytime and see just how "easy" it is. Seriously, out of all the people we've had probems with, you are the only one of them that hasn't made some sort of an effort to change the way they play the game. You're not a child, you're 38 years old. Grow the fuck up! This is beer league and you're only playing for a damn $7 tshirt. In the whole spectrum of life, this doesn't mean shit and I'm sorry that this apparently means so much more to you than the rest of us! So thank you, Douchebag, for ruining something I used to have a passion for and enjoyed doing as I work through college.

Do us all a favor and choke on your mouthguard, no one will miss you.

Hugs & Kisses!

-One pissed off, frustrated hockey director

This team says they needs a goalie and offer me the position so I say sure I'll do it for next season. Today just so happened to be the last game of the current season and they needed me to sub so I say sure why not. They have my $350 that I paid initially as a forward but talking to everyone on the team today, the goalie has never paid a dime. On top of that, the team flat out sucked and I'm no superstar myself but come on I counted 16 2-0 and I was able to keep the game down to 11 goals (I'm new). After the game everyone says thats its ok they were aware of their lack of D and that they want me to play. No sooner then I get home I have an email from the "team leader" (who never showed to the game) saying that I am very weak in goal and they will go with their former goalie which the team allegedly hated but I could stay as a forward. If your going to call me out at least either be there or tell me to my face, I'm 21 not 12 and this isn't high school we are adults.

Best part is he wants me to play forward and rip me of my $$$ because I talked to the honest guys on the team and they told me they pay almost half of what I payed. In short I told to guy to suck a certain part of my anatomy and took my talents to my old team even to play less games for the same price, I'll just get more ice time :biggrin:

Dear Pain In My Ass League Player,

You Sir, are the epitome of every idiot in adult hockey. Out of the 343 league players you are the only one that feels the need to run your mouth and cause problems in every single game, no matter what level. You are obviously a very weak-minded person and I feel sorry for whatever happened to you in your past that turned you into someone that preys on the weak or the ones unable to retaliate against you. Whether that's because you're only 5'2" or because your dick doesn't touch your underwear, I'm still not completely sure. The thing about you is that you are just sneaky enough that you know how to munipulate the system and stay in that grey area to get away with things. I find it funny that you don't understand why someone would whale on you after you threaten to kill their wife and break their neck, pulling their feet from them on a breakaway and sending them flying into the boards while you proclaim innocence. That's not even the touching all the other things you say and do to officials, timekeepers, players and fans. Your immaturity doesn't stop there, you continue to harass me about how my team supposedly paid off the refs during our last game against your team, and that's it's an obvious conspiracy why refs call penalties on you. Here's a thought, keep your mouth shut and keep your stick to yourself! Maybe if you didn't pull out your mouthguard at every stop in play to bitch at the refs they wouldn't know you so well. By the way, you can have my ref jersey anytime and see just how "easy" it is. Seriously, out of all the people we've had probems with, you are the only one of them that hasn't made some sort of an effort to change the way they play the game. You're not a child, you're 38 years old. Grow the fuck up! This is beer league and you're only playing for a damn $7 tshirt. In the whole spectrum of life, this doesn't mean shit and I'm sorry that this apparently means so much more to you than the rest of us! So thank you, Douchebag, for ruining something I used to have a passion for and enjoyed doing as I work through college.

Do us all a favor and choke on your mouthguard, no one will miss you.

Hugs & Kisses!

-One pissed off, frustrated hockey director

Wow... Can I borrow this and email it to one of my teammates?

I do 30 minutes at a clip, at a pretty good rate. I usually keep my heart rate around 150.

Fat burning is 30mins+ at a lower heart rate. Depending on how much you weigh. My ideal fat burning heart rate is around 130. Do 45 mins on the elliptical next time, and take the pace down a bit.

Excuse me while I continue to play my violin, but I'm freaking sick of the fact that my boss keeps asking me to essentially babysit a coworker of mine to make sure he does his job. Mind you he is a VP and makes about 60K more than I do... violent-smiley-1694.gif

Excuse me while I continue to play my violin, but I'm freaking sick of the fact that my boss keeps asking me to essentially babysit a coworker of mine to make sure he does his job. Mind you he is a VP and makes about 60K more than I do... violent-smiley-1694.gif

Basically want my Aunt is payeded to do at an insurance company with the board members. It doesn't sound very fun

Fat burning is 30mins+ at a lower heart rate. Depending on how much you weigh. My ideal fat burning heart rate is around 130. Do 45 mins on the elliptical next time, and take the pace down a bit.

This may sound stupid, but cardio does not burn fat then? If I stay in the 150's as well when I work out, Im not burning any fat?

Dearest Teenagers at my local rink,

It's alright that I looked forward to an actual drop in tonight and I didn't get to play. It's alright that I bought new things to use tonight for drop in but was turned away because you only allow 20 players and I was 21. What isn't alright is your "Haha, sucks to be you" attitude and your high school punk ass flirting with the OTHER "I don't give a shit, you're #21 and you suck because you are 21st." I wanted to reach across the table when they smirked when I asked if there is ANY chance I can play because someone called in and didn't show. Again, when you told me that people already took those spots. Next time do you're F'ing job with some customer service other than trying to get into Lady GaGa's pants.

Sincerely,

A Player Who was ready to pay & play but you decided to be a dick about it.

Just needed to vent. Been a LONG, SLOW ASS, week at work and I was REAAAALLLY looking forward to some ice time.

Note: Lady GaGa didn't in fact look like L.G.G. -- But her shitty "I'm trying to make him work for my goodies which he'll never get, so get lost" attitude made her a solid 2/10.

Edited by C.SLO5

This may sound stupid, but cardio does not burn fat then? If I stay in the 150's as well when I work out, Im not burning any fat?

Cardio does burn fat but there is a different percentage of fat calories burned between the fat burn level and cardio level. However, while the percentage might be higher at the fat burn level you could still burn more fat calories by working at the cardio level as you would be burning more total calories by working the same amount of time at a cardio level versus fat burn level.

All of that said, exercise is just one component of trimming the fat. You also have to pay attention to not only how many calories you're putting in but also what type of calories and when you are taking them in. Getting proper rest at night is another overlooked component. A good night's sleep helps the body to recover from exercise and a well rested person tends to take in less and better calories than a tired person.

Thanks to the jackass who decided drive right out in front of me from a sidestreet without even attempting to stop or slow down. If your brakes were out then how the hell did you stop after I hit you.

Thanks to the jackass who decided drive right out in front of me from a sidestreet without even attempting to stop or slow down. If your brakes were out then how the hell did you stop after I hit you.

I hate those motherfuckers who just speed out of a driveway because they can't wait the extra 15 seconds for me to drive by. If I have to break or even slow down behind you that means you did not have time and should not have cut in front of me. I hope that you did not get injured in the process and that the jackass will at least have something coming to him in the form of a fine or something, at least. Some people are in so much of a hurry now that they disregard human lives and material possessions of others just so they can have the right of way no matter how fucking stupid or dangerous their action may be.

Snow in Philly sucked. Was supposed to get into Orlando, Florida around 12:30 this afternoon. Didn't get here until 5:30. On the Sweet note, I'm in Florida for a week-long vacation.

I hate those motherfuckers who just speed out of a driveway because they can't wait the extra 15 seconds for me to drive by. If I have to break or even slow down behind you that means you did not have time and should not have cut in front of me. I hope that you did not get injured in the process and that the jackass will at least have something coming to him in the form of a fine or something, at least. Some people are in so much of a hurry now that they disregard human lives and material possessions of others just so they can have the right of way no matter how fucking stupid or dangerous their action may be.

His car was uninsured so he has a $3,400 repair bill coming his way.

This guy buys something from me on eBay. He's unverified so Paypal has to verify the payment first... AAAAnd his address is in Canada but he paid the US shipping rate. Ugh.

I was playing last night, pivoted on one foot to turn towards the deflected puck and felt something pop in my knee. I had the ATC at work look at it today and he thinks it's MCL and LCL, I go see my ortho doc tomorrow morning. Someone just take me out to pasture and shoot me already!

Customer service in India. When someone lies to you off the bat you already know they aren't going to be helpful. Your name isn't Joyce Smith and you are a liar. Go ahead and ask me 12 questions to verify I'm not lying about who I am, you're still a liar. I will NOT repeat myself again, it is your job to listen.

...and to think I was in a great mood about 20 minutes ago.

You got joyce? I got her sister Jennifer Smi-ith...

Been raining almost nonstop for last month or so, only 2-3 days in that period without any rain. Flash floods took 8 lives, 70+ others missing in a town nearby up in the mountains... cant believe its that high up and still have probs.

Everyone is clearing everything at the supermarkets, flood warnings out on lots of roads.

Prayers to those who have been devastated by all the flooding, and also to those brave enough to be part of the rescue squad.

Supposed to continue for next few months... this better not shit on my holiday.

Edited by fatwabbit

ebay forced me to create a new paypal account because I changed the email associated with my existing account, and now I can't link my bank account to the new one because it's still linked to the one I actually use, and because of that, I can't send the money anywhere, so it's sitting there and limbo. stupid technology.

Floods expected in our area, so far no evacuation notices given yet. We seem to be in good stead... emergency bag with passports, spare clothing, water, first aid all packed, by the door ready to go if necessary.

Floods expected in our area, so far no evacuation notices given yet. We seem to be in good stead... emergency bag with passports, spare clothing, water, first aid all packed, by the door ready to go if necessary.

Oh my goodness. I just did a report about the flood, I'm really sorry to hear your in the situation, but I hope that you and your family and everybody else there turns out okay.

My schools attendance record system doesn't let my 1st period teacher mark me present. Now I have to serve in school suspension because my first period teacher teaches at the other high school so the attendance aid won't contact him.