Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

So I park my car in nearly the same place all the time, but last night apparently someone swiped my car as they drove past, taking out the mirror, 3rd one in a year, and jamming into my drivers side front wheel. didn't realize it until I started driving, which luckily school is less than a mile away, but had to hold the wheel at about a 45 degree angle to get it to drive relatively straight. spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to and finally getting in touch with the Philly police to file the report so we can make an insurance claim. on top of that, this is turning into the flu, and I still have no bacon...

Ohh yea, and during the big snow storm, a AAA vehicle hit my car. luckily they left a note and filed the report.

So I park my car in nearly the same place all the time, but last night apparently someone swiped my car as they drove past, taking out the mirror, 3rd one in a year, and jamming into my drivers side front wheel. didn't realize it until I started driving, which luckily school is less than a mile away, but had to hold the wheel at about a 45 degree angle to get it to drive relatively straight. spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to and finally getting in touch with the Philly police to file the report so we can make an insurance claim. on top of that, this is turning into the flu, and I still have no bacon...

Ohh yea, and during the big snow storm, a AAA vehicle hit my car. luckily they left a note and filed the report.

Gotta love Philly drivers...../sarcasm.

Guess she has a boyfriend. Not for nothing but he goes to Ohio State. As if I didn't hate that school enough already. Back to square one. :facepalm:

I know how you feel man :( but stay classy, she's not worth it

Guess she has a boyfriend. Not for nothing but he goes to Ohio State. As if I didn't hate that school enough already. Back to square one. :facepalm:

Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score. haha just kidding. keep your head up bud, girls are trouble, especially around college age.

Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score. haha just kidding. keep your head up bud, girls are trouble, especially around college age.

Uhh their not much better around high school age either. :dry:

One of the worst migraines I've had since I started having them in 7th or 8th grade. Couldn't see much of anything for a few hours. Tried the sleeping trick for the worst of it, woke up and promptly vomited. Now every time I sneeze I feel like someone is driving an ice pick into my brain... Finally, let's not even get started on the pressure behind my eyes.

One of the worst migraines I've had since I started having them in 7th or 8th grade. Couldn't see much of anything for a few hours. Tried the sleeping trick for the worst of it, woke up and promptly vomited. Now every time I sneeze I feel like someone is driving an ice pick into my brain... Finally, let's not even get started on the pressure behind my eyes.

Had one exactly like this in my freshman year high school. It was the worst I've had and I'm 23 now. Caffeine or something to knock you out is all you can really do and it sucks.

Being a Flyers fan i'd make a joke, but I feel your pain man.

its like that for me everytime :dry: not much you can do about it, i just make sure i take a painkiller when i see the aura round my eyes and try to sleep asap, and yeah the migraine pain/pressure whatever you wanna call it, behind the eyes is probably the worst spot you can get

Edited by K9 Unit

Badly pulled groin muscle. Tried a rest day today with little relief. If the pain keeps up this much, my training for the season is going to be hampered. This is the worst possible time to pick up an injury.

Had one exactly like this in my freshman year high school. It was the worst I've had and I'm 23 now. Caffeine or something to knock you out is all you can really do and it sucks.

Being a Flyers fan i'd make a joke, but I feel your pain man.

its like that for me everytime :dry: not much you can do about it, i just make sure i take a painkiller when i see the aura round my eyes and try to sleep asap, and yeah the migraine pain/pressure whatever you wanna call it, behind the eyes is probably the worst spot you can get

I'm almost 24 now. The thing is the doctors will not put me on a "just in case" medication. Since I do not get them often enough I'm left to depend on Excedrin Migraine to take the edge off of them. I have to avoid caffeine, chocolate (I'm allergic to it anyway, so this is a no-brainer), and bright lights (hello tinted visors) all the time as they're all triggers. And then there are the ones where there really was no trigger it just happens. As soon as I feel my hands start to go numb, or the aura appears I pop two pills, and get into bed. Perhaps the worst part, however, is that my mind feels foggy for up to a week after them, it's miserable when I have something I need to really be sharp to do well.

I'm almost 24 now. The thing is the doctors will not put me on a "just in case" medication. Since I do not get them often enough I'm left to depend on Excedrin Migraine to take the edge off of them. I have to avoid caffeine, chocolate (I'm allergic to it anyway, so this is a no-brainer), and bright lights (hello tinted visors) all the time as they're all triggers. And then there are the ones where there really was no trigger it just happens. As soon as I feel my hands start to go numb, or the aura appears I pop two pills, and get into bed. Perhaps the worst part, however, is that my mind feels foggy for up to a week after them, it's miserable when I have something I need to really be sharp to do well.

Yep all too familiar. The second worst for me was when I was in Orange County CA and got one with no meds around and I just had to deal. I get them from dehydration and over exertion. If I go play and don't drink 1.5L of water, my chances of getting a migraine skyrocket. Also, if I go full boar the entire time and drive my heart rate up, I get the aura before I even leave the locker room. and like you said, they linger for days after wards and really limit me.

Thats me too, sometimes i have to wear sunglasses for night time driving because the incoming cars headlights are crazy bright, i've had this since grade 7 too and im turning 20, back in hk i had a huge stockpile of the meds, here in canada they wont do it too so i feel you man, i really do...btw the feeling after, at least for me is similar to being hungover, so i wolf down some gatorade and i do feel a bit better

Pulled my groin pretty bad. 2000mg of pain pills doesn't even put a dent in the discomfort/pain.

:sad:

Had a very severe groin strain/tear that worked its way down into slight tears of my hamstring. The only that worked was Icy Hot-ting the ish out of it, fortunately/unfortunately the area of a groin strain is in such proximity to my coin purse that during games and practices the Icy Hot would migrate a bit. I don't think I need to relay what that sensation is like, but it at least took my mind off my groin enough.