Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Does nobody read prior to responding?!?! I know it could mean looking at a page or two to see if an answer has been posted already! It seems to me that lately people are getting lazy and adding the same reply to a post that has already been clarified. So please people, read and don't repeat info!

Bought a new (to me) SUV and of course after I pay and take it home I notice Transmission problems! Sales guy assured me it would be replaced due to the warranty it has but I always believe it when it happens. Either way this could be a nightmare or a godsend, gotta wait till Monday :angry:

Having done cpr in an attempt to save life, I know how you must be feeling right now. I sugges you reach out to counsellors etc. It helped me to deal with my emotions.

Mike

Does nobody read prior to responding?!?! I know it could mean looking at a page or two to see if an answer has been posted already! It seems to me that lately people are getting lazy and adding the same reply to a post that has already been clarified. So please people, read and don't repeat info!

OMG! New Warrior helmet in NHL 12! Has anyone heard! Seriously! I'm Super cereal! ZOMG! For realz!

The team I used to play with at softball won a tournament were they didn't called me to play so I played with a last minute builded team. We went 0-3 with a like 13-50 run for- run against. It was a f---ing shame to even be with that team when everybody from my regular team was in the stands drinking beers and calling me loser. By chance I got 3 homers out of the five my team had, but the line-up was so ish that It was 3 solo homers... After the tournament I asked why they didn't called me to play and the reason was because I reply to a women of the team (playing mixted softball) and she don't want to play with me anymore and because it's easier to find a man instead of a woman to replace, they replace me...

Is it just me or have people been noticing a lot more stupidity and moronic posts around here!

It goes in cycles

One of the mens leagues season i'm in starts tomorrow and they still don't have the schedule posted. ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Some of us have lives and need that info asap! smh

We're a week out from the start of our fall season and nothing posted yet either. Then again, the more pressing issue for us is the three game series for the summer championship this week.

Had to do CPR on a 16 year old boy who hanged himself in his backyard, while his family was watching television.

Well you deserve all the credit in the world for trying to bring him back.

Having done cpr in an attempt to save life, I know how you must be feeling right now. I sugges you reach out to counsellors etc. It helped me to deal with my emotions.

Mike

I've done it too many times to count, but it's almost always on older people. Kids are especially difficult. A good thing that happened the next shift was that we delivered a baby. That helped lessen the pain a little bit for us.

Had a filling in my tooth for 10 years with no problems...dentist wanted to replace it since it was "old and wearing"...2 weeks later and anything hot or cold hits it and its hurts like all he!!. Not to mention cant chew on that side of my mouth

Dentist must've needed to pay for a vacation or something. lol I know the feeling, 'cause I've been there. They always get you with the hypothetical BS. It's old...this is gonna happen... I'm stupid enough to agree to it, after all he is the "professional." FML.

Have a guy on my team who is fairly skilled, but just doesn't realize that he's a douchebag. He has his tried and true Ultra Lite he's been using for years, but every now and then he'll snap the blade on it because he literally ONLY takes slapshots. He didn't used to have a backup stick, so he'd use someone else's crappy backup, but he finally decided to buy his own. He bought a shitty Easton wood stick and I honestly don't know why because he refuses to use it. A couple months back I had tracked down a brand new Easton Cyclone shaft and brand new Easton Z-Carbon blade, both from around 2001. It was my favorite combo in high school, so I put them together and figured I'd mess around with it in warmups and then just keep it as a nostalgic backup. It was freshly taped on both the handle and blade and saw about 2 minutes use from myself in warmup. Fast forward to the 2nd period when this D-bag on my team breaks his stick. He comes back to the bench and instead of grabbing his backup, he grabs mine.

"I'm going to use this."

"What? Why? Thought you just bought your own backup?"

"Yeah, but it sucks, so I'm going to use yours instead."

"No you aren't. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I just spent months tracking down both that shaft and blade. They don't even make them anymore."

"Well I won't slash anyone with it then."

He then proceeds to rip off the tape on the blade (he prefers no tape on his blade) as well as most of the handle. He must have seen the look on my face as I stared down the bench at him because he says, "I don't like this tape!" I was downright fuming as he went out and proceeded to start blasting slapshots and attempting one-timers with my stick as if he had no regard for breaking it at all.

Fast forward to last week and I have a brand new X60 shaft that I'm trying to get accustomed to. Once again, I figured I'd use it in warmup to get used to it a bit, then keep it on the bench as a backup to my One95. D-bag snaps the blade in his Ultra Lite again and grabs my X60 despite the fact that he still has his own untouched backup stick.

"Hey Scott, I'm using this."

"NO, you aren't. It's literally brand new and it's about 20 flex less than you're used to using."

"Well anything is better than my backup."

"I'm not kidding. You're not using it, especially with your playing and shooting style."

"Okay.... well I'll just use it for now. Sorry if I break it."

"You won't have to be sorry because you'll pay me for it. And it was expensive."

I then hopped over the bench for a quick change on the fly and as I'm coming back after my shift, guess who is jumping over the boards with my new X60? Yup. Went out and used it with reckless abandon without a care in the world.

Oh, and did I mention that this guy will only pass about every 1/10 opportunities and would rather try to stickhandle his way out of a phone booth every time than use an open teammate? I think I hate him.

Edited by Scotty

Have a guy on my team who is fairly skilled, but just doesn't realize that he's a douchebag. He has his tried and true Ultra Lite he's been using for years, but every now and then he'll snap the blade on it because he literally ONLY takes slapshots. He didn't used to have a backup stick, so he'd use someone else's crappy backup, but he finally decided to buy his own. He bought a shitty Easton wood stick and I honestly don't know why because he refuses to use it. A couple months back I had tracked down a brand new Easton Cyclone shaft and brand new Easton Z-Carbon blade, both from around 2001. It was my favorite combo in high school, so I put them together and figured I'd mess around with it in warmups and then just keep it as a nostalgic backup. It was freshly taped on both the handle and blade and saw about 2 minutes use from myself in warmup. Fast forward to the 2nd period when this D-bag on my team breaks his stick. He comes back to the bench and instead of grabbing his backup, he grabs mine.

"I'm going to use this."

"What? Why? Thought you just bought your own backup?"

"Yeah, but it sucks, so I'm going to use yours instead."

"No you aren't. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I just spent months tracking down both that shaft and blade. They don't even make them anymore."

"Well I won't slash anyone with it then."

He then proceeds to rip off the tape on the blade (he prefers no tape on his blade) as well as most of the handle. He must have seen the look on my face as I stared down the bench at him because he says, "I don't like this tape!" I was downright fuming as he went out and proceeded to start blasting slapshots and attempting one-timers with my stick as if he had no regard for breaking it at all.

Fast forward to last week and I have a brand new X60 shaft that I'm trying to get accustomed to. Once again, I figured I'd use it in warmup to get used to it a bit, then keep it on the bench as a backup to my One95. D-bag snaps the blade in his Ultra Lite again and grabs my X60 despite the fact that he still has his own untouched backup stick.

"Hey Scott, I'm using this."

"NO, you aren't. It's literally brand new and it's about 20 flex less than you're used to using."

"Well anything is better than my backup."

"I'm not kidding. You're not using it, especially with your playing and shooting style."

"Okay.... well I'll just use it for now. Sorry if I break it."

"You won't have to be sorry because you'll pay me for it. And it was expensive."

I then hopped over the bench for a quick change on the fly and as I'm coming back after my shift, guess who is jumping over the boards with my new X60? Yup. Went out and used it with reckless abandon without a care in the world.

Oh, and did I mention that this guy will only pass about every 1/10 opportunities and would rather try to stickhandle his way out of a phone booth every time than use an open teammate? I think I hate him.

You sound like a complete and utter push over. Stand up for yourself and grow a pair.

I've done it too many times to count, but it's almost always on older people. Kids are especially difficult. A good thing that happened the next shift was that we delivered a baby. That helped lessen the pain a little bit for us.

the circle of life.

You sound like a complete and utter push over. Stand up for yourself and grow a pair.

Haha Scotty is just too nice for his own good :biggrin: don't be so hard on him :happy:

Started the season 0-2 this weekend. I know it's a long season, but we have a good team this year and we shouldn't have lost to the teams that we lost to. in addition i got hit from behind on sunday so it looks like im on the shelf for a while, need to get my shoulder checked out.

Haha Scotty is just too nice for his own good :biggrin: don't be so hard on him :happy:

Sounds like this guy doesn't care what you say to him and he is going to grab your stick as soon as you hop off the bench. That being the case, I'd just bring a backup equal or worse than his. Sucks for you but some people are just a-holes. He has no respect for you or your property and I'm sure if he broke it he isn't going to cough up $100-$200 dollars to buy you a new one.