Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Have a guy on my team who is fairly skilled, but just doesn't realize that he's a douchebag. He has his tried and true Ultra Lite he's been using for years, but every now and then he'll snap the blade on it because he literally ONLY takes slapshots. He didn't used to have a backup stick, so he'd use someone else's crappy backup, but he finally decided to buy his own. He bought a shitty Easton wood stick and I honestly don't know why because he refuses to use it. A couple months back I had tracked down a brand new Easton Cyclone shaft and brand new Easton Z-Carbon blade, both from around 2001. It was my favorite combo in high school, so I put them together and figured I'd mess around with it in warmups and then just keep it as a nostalgic backup. It was freshly taped on both the handle and blade and saw about 2 minutes use from myself in warmup. Fast forward to the 2nd period when this D-bag on my team breaks his stick. He comes back to the bench and instead of grabbing his backup, he grabs mine.

"I'm going to use this."

"What? Why? Thought you just bought your own backup?"

"Yeah, but it sucks, so I'm going to use yours instead."

"No you aren't. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I just spent months tracking down both that shaft and blade. They don't even make them anymore."

"Well I won't slash anyone with it then."

He then proceeds to rip off the tape on the blade (he prefers no tape on his blade) as well as most of the handle. He must have seen the look on my face as I stared down the bench at him because he says, "I don't like this tape!" I was downright fuming as he went out and proceeded to start blasting slapshots and attempting one-timers with my stick as if he had no regard for breaking it at all.

Fast forward to last week and I have a brand new X60 shaft that I'm trying to get accustomed to. Once again, I figured I'd use it in warmup to get used to it a bit, then keep it on the bench as a backup to my One95. D-bag snaps the blade in his Ultra Lite again and grabs my X60 despite the fact that he still has his own untouched backup stick.

"Hey Scott, I'm using this."

"NO, you aren't. It's literally brand new and it's about 20 flex less than you're used to using."

"Well anything is better than my backup."

"I'm not kidding. You're not using it, especially with your playing and shooting style."

"Okay.... well I'll just use it for now. Sorry if I break it."

"You won't have to be sorry because you'll pay me for it. And it was expensive."

I then hopped over the bench for a quick change on the fly and as I'm coming back after my shift, guess who is jumping over the boards with my new X60? Yup. Went out and used it with reckless abandon without a care in the world.

Oh, and did I mention that this guy will only pass about every 1/10 opportunities and would rather try to stickhandle his way out of a phone booth every time than use an open teammate? I think I hate him.

Have a guy on my team who is fairly skilled, but just doesn't realize that he's a douchebag. He has his tried and true Ultra Lite he's been using for years, but every now and then he'll snap the blade on it because he literally ONLY takes slapshots. He didn't used to have a backup stick, so he'd use someone else's crappy backup, but he finally decided to buy his own. He bought a shitty Easton wood stick and I honestly don't know why because he refuses to use it. A couple months back I had tracked down a brand new Easton Cyclone shaft and brand new Easton Z-Carbon blade, both from around 2001. It was my favorite combo in high school, so I put them together and figured I'd mess around with it in warmups and then just keep it as a nostalgic backup. It was freshly taped on both the handle and blade and saw about 2 minutes use from myself in warmup. Fast forward to the 2nd period when this D-bag on my team breaks his stick. He comes back to the bench and instead of grabbing his backup, he grabs mine.

"I'm going to use this."

"What? Why? Thought you just bought your own backup?"

"Yeah, but it sucks, so I'm going to use yours instead."

"No you aren't. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I just spent months tracking down both that shaft and blade. They don't even make them anymore."

"Well I won't slash anyone with it then."

He then proceeds to rip off the tape on the blade (he prefers no tape on his blade) as well as most of the handle. He must have seen the look on my face as I stared down the bench at him because he says, "I don't like this tape!" I was downright fuming as he went out and proceeded to start blasting slapshots and attempting one-timers with my stick as if he had no regard for breaking it at all.

Fast forward to last week and I have a brand new X60 shaft that I'm trying to get accustomed to. Once again, I figured I'd use it in warmup to get used to it a bit, then keep it on the bench as a backup to my One95. D-bag snaps the blade in his Ultra Lite again and grabs my X60 despite the fact that he still has his own untouched backup stick.

"Hey Scott, I'm using this."

"NO, you aren't. It's literally brand new and it's about 20 flex less than you're used to using."

"Well anything is better than my backup."

"I'm not kidding. You're not using it, especially with your playing and shooting style."

"Okay.... well I'll just use it for now. Sorry if I break it."

"You won't have to be sorry because you'll pay me for it. And it was expensive."

I then hopped over the bench for a quick change on the fly and as I'm coming back after my shift, guess who is jumping over the boards with my new X60? Yup. Went out and used it with reckless abandon without a care in the world.

Oh, and did I mention that this guy will only pass about every 1/10 opportunities and would rather try to stickhandle his way out of a phone booth every time than use an open teammate? I think I hate him.

Grab his car keys, tell him your car has a flat and that you are gonna borrow his car for the night and not worry. He'll get the point

Edited by Axxion89

Lost game 2 in a best of three series when we could've swept a team that was beating us (even though they were inferior to us) all season.

My center seems to make it his mission to botch my shift. Doesn't stay low in the Defensive zone, and if he gets the puck he carries it up and shoots it into the goalies chest or turns it over when I'm communicating with him on and off the ice about his options.

Just really frustrating to know that I'm a player looked at to create offense but this guy just won't get me the puck.

Edited by Speedz98

You sound like a complete and utter push over. Stand up for yourself and grow a pair.

The first time, I was.

The second time I was extremely stern and made myself clear. Regardless, the only thing that would have stopped him is chasing him down and physically taking the stick from him.

I figured, go ahead. I hope he breaks it. I'll just tell him I paid the original $129.99 Bauer wanted as MSRP for the shaft.

Flight got held up for almost an hour, then got stuck behind someone doing 20 in a 35 and then two people driving side by side, each doing exactly 55 mph. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I was told that my grandfather told the nurses he was ready to go, but wanted to talk to me first. Walked in and the nurse said, "so you're the one he's been waiting for."

On the plus side, I was able to stop at the house, shower, pack a bag, get dressed and get back on the highway in 27 minutes.

Destroyed the pinky toe on my left foot while walking in the dark last night. woke up today and it's pretty swollen and painful. I haven't had much luck with my feet in the last year or so!

Reminds me of a joke.. You go up a girl and tell her she reminds you of your pinky toe. When she asks why, you say "because I am going to bang you on my coffee table later on tonight"

::::Rimshot.:::::

one helluva a nasty lady that cannot understand why she cannot be refunded for items that have not shipped to her. i tried explaining that most places do not charge you until they ship the product (as does the company i work for). she is unsatisfied with the fact that I cannot refund her the money and asks for my first and last name to submit a formal complaint to our corporate office.

Early in the game last night, our goalie gets run into, and has his mask knocked off. In the melee, the idiot spits at the offending player who ran him. The goalie gets a 5 and a match penalty for spitting. We have to play the whole game without him, and lose by three goals, 9-6. Furthermore, he is suspended for 30 days for the violation.

He got what he deserved, but we sure don't deserve him! We should have won that game. We had nine players total!

met a stunning young woman (actually same age as me)... we have very similar long term career goals that compliment each others', we "get" each other, which is difficult for me, and apparently for her.... she's got amazing style, she's healthy, she's beautiful.

the only problem is that i'm married.

met a stunning young woman (actually same age as me)... we have very similar long term career goals that compliment each others', we "get" each other, which is difficult for me, and apparently for her.... she's got amazing style, she's healthy, she's beautiful.

the only problem is that i'm married.

The heart wants what the heart wants....

Had my dorm door shut itself on me this morning, locking me out and causing me to miss a class in which I need to attend. >:( Otherwise, a pretty sweet spot day. :)

The heart wants what the heart wants....

im losing sleep over it.

and to make matters worse, this morning my wife wakes up as i'm leaving for work and says "whoa, i had a dream that you were leaving me"

im losing sleep over it.

and to make matters worse, this morning my wife wakes up as i'm leaving for work and says "whoa, i had a dream that you were leaving me"

That sucks, but it sounds as if the marriage had to have been going downhill first, for this situation to occur. I can't see it happening to a guy who's still nuts about his wife.

My neighbor just got back from the hospital after being injured during a fight at a football game (he was a security guard, the fight was between two parents; you gotta love how the parents are more into it than the kids)

If you're seriously considering this other chick then there is probably something not quite right at home that is making such an upheaval even a remote option to you. I'd take a closer look at the situation that you are already in with the Mrs. and consider a couple of things. First, what is making you look around with the idea of anything more than window shopping? Second, is it worth tossing away a marriage?

If you're seriously considering this other chick then there is probably something not quite right at home that is making such an upheaval even a remote option to you. I'd take a closer look at the situation that you are already in with the Mrs. and consider a couple of things. First, what is making you look around with the idea of anything more than window shopping? Second, is it worth tossing away a marriage?

+1