Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I know what you mean. I come from an area notorious for college burnouts. Just didn't think I was one of those people who would struggle as much as I have with it. Doesn't help when there is an enormous amount of pressure to succeed put on you as well.

I messed up my knee playing kickball last night. Seriously? I slipped on home plate & landed on my knee...HARD. It's still numb.

And I was worried about getting injured playing hockey.

I guess the good thing is there is no pick up this week, which forces me to take time off to heal. And I'll have a sweet bruise...

I know what you mean. I come from an area notorious for college burnouts. Just didn't think I was one of those people who would struggle as much as I have with it. Doesn't help when there is an enormous amount of pressure to succeed put on you as well.

The only pressure is whatever you put on yourself. A doctor that had a C- average is still a doctor and the lawyer with a C- average is still a lawyer. Work on understanding the material and the rest will come. If you need help, look for tutoring resources. There should be plenty of them available on campus.

my 2 cents:

know what you're getting into

be up front with the wife before anything goes down with the other chick

agreed. While she won't like what's going on, it might make things go a bit smoother down the road. Lying only makes things worse.

If you do think it's going downhill and you don't have kids yet, I'd make sure you get out of there before something happens. She wouldn't be the first wife to "forget to take the pill" in hopes of saving a struggling marriage.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but it happens.

Apparently, paying child support based off of a $1.4 million salary isn't enough for some women. Not sure if the woman or the guy who served the papers is the bigger dirtbag in this one.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/red_sox_starter_served_papers_by_TO8JRw3O72G6YW3bd6Ge5J?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost#ixzz1YYVkrv6A

Did you do well in High School? If so, you might have been conditioned to expect success. Now that you're probably in classes with others who also all did well in High School, the level of competition will be much higher, and the profs / TAs will have higher standards. These things can make you drop out, or make you stronger and better in your field.

As Chadd says, you don't necessarily have to be a straight A student. Do your best, though, and pick up the As in your final years.

Apparently, paying child support based off of a $1.4 million salary isn't enough for some women. Not sure if the woman or the guy who served the papers is the bigger dirtbag in this one.

http://www.nypost.co...t#ixzz1YYVkrv6A

If she actually digs some money out of this it would be almost as ridiculous as this story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2034620/Fostering-children-Couple-rejected-husband-smoked-2-cigars-18-months.html

If she actually digs some money out of this it would be almost as ridiculous as this story.

http://www.dailymail...-18-months.html

If the child support laws in the USA are anything like in Canada where child support is calculated off of gross salary which he is supposed to declare each year by exchanging tax return info with the ex. The ex has every right to ask for an increase since his salary shot up. And he doesn't look good ducking paying the money retroactively. After all, child support is paid to ensure his child has a good quality of life too.

I paid child support for 13 years until my daughter came to live with me. When I began paying I was making $28K. Today I make $70K. I happily paid more when I made more. In this day and age doing the right thing is becoming a thing of the past. My daughter is now 18 years old and going to college out of town. I've done everything I can to ensure she is set-up to succeed at college and will continue to because it is the right thing to do.

To me the bottom line is this; if you don't want to be financially and emotionally obligated to a child then don't have sex! But if you do have a child and the relationship doesn't work out; do the right thing!!! There's already enough dead beats in this world!

Mike

http://www.dailymail...-18-months.html

wow, I'm not even going to get started because I won't stop.

If the child support laws in the USA are anything like in Canada where child support is calculated off of gross salary which he is supposed to declare each year by exchanging tax return info with the ex. The ex has every right to ask for an increase since his salary shot up. And he doesn't look good ducking paying the money retroactively. After all, child support is paid to ensure his child has a good quality of life too.

I paid child support for 13 years until my daughter came to live with me. When I began paying I was making $28K. Today I make $70K. I happily paid more when I made more. In this day and age doing the right thing is becoming a thing of the past. My daughter is now 18 years old and going to college out of town. I've done everything I can to ensure she is set-up to succeed at college and will continue to because it is the right thing to do.

To me the bottom line is this; if you don't want to be financially and emotionally obligated to a child then don't have sex! But if you do have a child and the relationship doesn't work out; do the right thing!!! There's already enough dead beats in this world!

Mike

He's hardly a dead beat. He's been making the payments that the court assigned to him, and is still making them. If the court finds he should pay more, and he doesn't pay, then hes a deadbeat. Until then, He is being a responsible parent, and not a dead beat

I guess you missed this sentence....

“Honestly, what I’m trying to do is protect my daughter and act in her best interest, and he hasn’t been willing to cooperate,” Roberts said.

I can agree he's been paying but he could be providing more based on his salary earnings for past years. The fact that the ex didn't have a current address and he's not co-operating tells me he's not prepared to "do the right thing" as I see it. So in my opinion he is a deadbeat.

The money is for his child. Even never wants to see the child and even if the woman is the worst human being alive and he hates the sight and sound of her, he could be doing more to provide financially for the child.

There's certainly some facts missing that would provide a clearer picture but do you really think it's appropriate for him to pay support based on $1.4 million while making $7.75 million? I don't!

Edited by noodle3872

This guy made his payments based on a settlement when his salary was $1.4 million dollars. Knowing a little about how child support works I know that she was getting more than fair amount of money to raise her child. Let's be honest, is this mother's interest really "protecting" her child? Would the kid not have a roof, clothes, and food if the amount didn't change? Yes, I'm pretty sure the kid would be just fine. Mom is just looking to profit off of her meal ticket........errrr.........daughter.

Edited by chippa13

This guy made his payments based on a settlement when his salary was $1.4 million dollars. Knowing a little about how child support works I know that she was getting more than fair amount of money to raise her child. Let's be honest, is this mother's interest really "protecting" her child? Would the kid not have a roof, clothes, and food if the amount didn't change? Yes, I'm pretty sure the kid would be just fine. Mom is just looking to profit off of her meal ticket........errrr.........daughter.

This time x1000, if you can't provide for your kids with child support coming off a million dollar salary then you are just plain stupid or greedy, especially when people raise their kids with no child support or very little.

To contribute to the thread, car dealers can all burn, still waiting for my new (to me) car after 2 weeks because the original one they sold me had a broken transmission. Also had to pay an extra $5k for this one but its in much better shape and much less miles, hopefully this all finishes up for the best!

I cant decide whether or not to ask a girl out... This isn't like its my first time either! It's so frustrating being this nervous!

Edited by sharks25

I guess you missed this sentence....

“Honestly, what I’m trying to do is protect my daughter and act in her best interest, and he hasn’t been willing to cooperate,” Roberts said.

I can agree he's been paying but he could be providing more based on his salary earnings for past years. The fact that the ex didn't have a current address and he's not co-operating tells me he's not prepared to "do the right thing" as I see it. So in my opinion he is a deadbeat.

The money is for his child. Even never wants to see the child and even if the woman is the worst human being alive and he hates the sight and sound of her, he could be doing more to provide financially for the child.

There's certainly some facts missing that would provide a clearer picture but do you really think it's appropriate for him to pay support based on $1.4 million while making $7.75 million? I don't!

Well there is a difference between what the public views as right and wrong. As I understand it from my Fiancee, who has worked on a number of child support/custody cases at her last law firm (she now does corporate law work), In New York State (obviously may differ elsewhere), the way it works is say you meet your girlfriend as an 19-20 year old working at a retail job making minimum/above minimum wage, and you have a child together.

Things go bad, you split, and you come to a settlement based on your 25K-30K salary. You make your payments on this on time, everything is good. you then go on and create an incredible online business, and in turn start collecting 1-1.5mil a year. The way NYS looks at it, you are only responsible for maintaining the lifestyle of the child when you were together (ie, when you were making 20-30K a year).

Now obviously there is room to appeal for a higher amount, and I didn't miss the statement you said. Of course he's going to be difficult. He is abiding by the law and the courts ruling on what he has to pay. So of course the ex-gf is going to say hes not co-operating because he didn't just hand her a blind check. If she cant seem to get by on what she has been perfectly capable of for a while (until he started making money), maybe the child should live with him, and she should have visitation, just to keep the child's best interest. the flaw in the system though is with athletes, their contract value is constantly changing, (see: 7.5 to 1.5 to 1 mil). It puts an unfair burden on him and the courts because of the constant nature of the contract value fluctionation. so the kid gets accustomed to a life style of dad paying support on 1.5 mil, then next year paying on 1 mil. Doesn't seem fair to the kid.

on an unrelated note, the Red Sox Staff are IDIOTS for allowing this guy to serve him in the clubhouse on his start day. They have every right to deny him entry. His only "obligation to his client" is to attempt to serve the papers. but the Red Sox have been such a mess lately, this lapse in judgement doesn't surprise me.

Like Chippa said this is profit city, at the expense of an innocent child. Now who's the bad parent?

Edited by skeeter14

That is pretty bad. Who does he think he is protecting, the people who might be walking by a cigar bar at a moment when the door happens to be open? You can't have a cigar bar with closed doors and windows but you can puff away on a cigarette in my face at any street corner you like.

Actually, you can't smoke on the street corner in a lot of cities. Those areas are considered public property and a number of bans do not allow smoking in public.