Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Boston is trying to get it banned in public parks and beaches but will still be allowed on the streets.

[

Just a week after New York city councillors passed a bill to ban smoking in parks and beaches, Boston has followed suit.

Two councillors from the city are considering a similar proposal that would see large parts of Boston go smoke free, but still permit people to smoke on pavements.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1355348/New-York-Boston-smoking-ban-Councillors-consider-public-parks-beaches.html#ixzz1Yim1rAom]

A kid at my beer league game last night told me "that he is better at hockey than I'll ever be...". Made me mad. I really thought all those scouts in the stands that showed up for our 11pm game were for me... :sad:

Apparently, I am a jerk. And a one-upper for trying to help someone get better(Helping a guy new to the game, and some Development league allstar decides to say "Oh look at the pro, showing off all his skill". Love pick up game psychologist. Wasn't even wearing my sweater, wonder how the plug knew who I was.

@Outcast_Flyer: Very commendable to help out a new player to the game; definitely a great way to support the sport and to ensure the sport grows. However, sometimes people have nothing good to say (such as the Development league allstar) and are compelled to be a smart ass/douche bag.

@Outcast_Flyer: Very commendable to help out a new player to the game; definitely a great way to support the sport and to ensure the sport grows. However, sometimes people have nothing good to say (such as the Development league allstar) and are compelled to be a smart ass/douche bag.

The Development league allstar doesn't want improved competition to play against! :wink:

Why is it so difficult to find a well run hockey league?

I am now a member of three hockey leagues and they all appear to be run by morons

League 1: Never get any email responses, terrible officiating, horrible scheduling (zamboni drivers dont get scheduled for example), the list goes on. Imagine the worst run league possible and you have mine.

League 2: Ive been playing out (as opposed to goal) for about three years now. Im basically lower intermediate level and I got placed in a league that has someone who played Major Juniors! MAJOR JUNIORS. How is that fair for me and everyone else?

League 3: I go on a week vacation and decide ill come in early to see if i can sub the game before mine. I find out from some teammates standing around that they had been "traded" last week and i should prolly check the rosters. Turns out i had been traded with no warning and im glad i came in early for my game or i wouldn't have been able to play that night. How hard is it to sending a flipping email!!!!!!!!!

I cant decide whether or not to ask a girl out... This isn't like its my first time either! It's so frustrating being this nervous!

Dunno if you have done it or not, but take it from someone who has learned it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Ask her out man. No matter what you think, because when you lose your chance you will regret it for a longass time my friend.

Dunno if you have done it or not, but take it from someone who has learned it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Ask her out man. No matter what you think, because when you lose your chance you will regret it for a longass time my friend.

QFT

QFT

x2 and take it from the guy who decided he didn't want to risk it and make a fool out of himself, I missed out on many chances because I was afraid, and it hit home after I ran into someone I hadn't seen since HS and we ended up going out one night and hit it off and her saying to me she always liked me but was too afraid to say something.

Edited by TNHhockey

I've just kind of sort of got back into the dating scene lately, don't be discouraged if someone says no either, there are plenty of other girls out there as well, some looking for some like you, some looking for something else. Just got to find some that are looking for somebody like you.

However going off what I said some people can be fucking cold. Not the greatest day.

Edited by starsfan71

I've just kind of sort of got back into the dating scene lately, don't be discouraged if someone says no either, there are plenty of other girls out there as well, some looking for some like you, some looking for something else. Just got to find some that are looking for somebody like you.

However going off what I said some people can be fucking cold. Not the greatest day.

Walking down the same path bro, time to move on for sure.

My roomates are two of the most self centered people I have ever met.

Who the hell asks you to order something for them and not expect to pay upfront...........

The people that would have ordered it themselves if they had the money.

EDIT: for my own vent: I wish the guys selling stuff on the sell forum would just put pictures up when making the listing. Even worse is clicking on a post and having nothing but an ebay listing. Ebay is blocked at work, now how am I supposed to waste work time buying hockey equipment I don't even really need in the first place? :(

Edited by BenderHockey

Spent last night (along with a few hundred dollars) taking my kitten to the emergency vet clinic. Allergic reaction flared up asthma and bronchitis. Poor lil guy is still coughing and breathing is shallow. hopefully these meds get him better.

Just got told by my mother that's she's filing for divorce after 29 years. My dad doesn't know, but I have no idea how to take it. Figures that I was having a great day up til that point

Suprateller Effusion on my knee with fluid buildup after catching a rut and hitting the boards in my first game of the winter season. Full leg air cast, Injured Reserve for 4ish weeks, and on top of that, the tickets I had for the UFC in DC tonight are going to waste.

What a balls

There has been a drastic increase in abusive and confrontational posts here lately. It's starting to get out of hand.