Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Speedz, that sucks about your dog. It hurts to lose a pet.

My vent is that I've been waiting three weeks to hear a yes/no on a job I interviewed on. I sent a follow-up email ten days ago and got a reply that said to hang in there. I just need to know if I got it or not so I can get into the right mindset at my current job.

I'd move on. If they're waiting this long to offer it to you then they believe there is someone (in their minds) who is a better fit out there.

Still eating your food?

Eating my food, putting dirty dishes in the clean dishwasher, leaving crap around, not turning off lights. It's the lttle things that realllllly get under my skin.

Oh and apparently he smokes now. I just remembered he is sleeping on my parent's mattress.... hmmmm

Eating my food, putting dirty dishes in the clean dishwasher, leaving crap around, not turning off lights. It's the lttle things that realllllly get under my skin.

Oh and apparently he smokes now. I just remembered he is sleeping on my parent's mattress.... hmmmm

Sounds like my roomate. He's a slob. Doesn't clean up after himself. Eats something and doesn't clean up the area where he ate until, MAYBE, a week later. Sometimes longer. It's disgusting. He'll eat something and just leave the trash or plate there on the table or coffee table. Leaves a mess in whatever area he hangs out in. I don't even want to leave my room. It's that disgusting.

Sorry to hear that Speedz. Glad you could be there with him. Best of luck.

(I know I am going to be destroyed when that inevitable day comes for my pup.)

+1. My dogs getting up there in age and I'm going to be at school for most of the next 4 years which sucks

Sounds like my roomate. He's a slob. Doesn't clean up after himself. Eats something and doesn't clean up the area where he ate until, MAYBE, a week later. Sometimes longer. It's disgusting. He'll eat something and just leave the trash or plate there on the table or coffee table. Leaves a mess in whatever area he hangs out in. I don't even want to leave my room. It's that disgusting.

Stories like these and my own experience with bonehead roommates has convinced me not to go with a random roommate again.

My vent is that I've been waiting three weeks to hear a yes/no on a job I interviewed on. I sent a follow-up email ten days ago and got a reply that said to hang in there. I just need to know if I got it or not so I can get into the right mindset at my current job.

i wouldn't go as far as telling you to move on, because it's not apparent to me that you have other offers on the table. clearly there is some kind of administrative issue here and if it takes them three weeks to tender an offer to someone, this isn't the kind of place i'd like to invest any part of my future, regardless of the reason. good companies act quick, especially when it comes to acquiring talent.

Speedz98, just saw your post. So sorry to hear about your loss. We have three dogs and I'm dreading a day like you had. Glad you could be there with your buddy at the end. I don't care so much for people, we have a tendency to be dickheads at times, all of us, but dogs love unconditionally, sincerest condolences to you and yours

Sadly he wasn't a "random roommate"

I'm not enough of a douche to do all this stuff you guys are suggesting. Although it would be fun.

I much prefer the passive aggressive approach. I wonder if letting my bird yell for a long period of time is getting on his nerves yet. Maybe ill only wash my dishes and put his back into the sink, he doesn't appear to know how to load an empty dishwasher or empty a clean dishwasher. Only knows how to load a clean dishwasher. What a toolbox. He won't he say hi to me when he walks by or drives up in his car. The tension is really bad.

UG! Only 2.5 more months...

+1. My dogs getting up there in age and I'm going to be at school for most of the next 4 years which sucks

Stories like these and my own experience with bonehead roommates has convinced me not to go with a random roommate again.

The only problem is, it's his house I'm living in so all I can really do is tell him that he should really clean up after himself. If he does then he does. He's actually one of my good friend's from High School that I've known for years. I'm really tempted to just move back home for a bit until I save enough money for a down payment on condo our house. It's just really sad that he doesn't take care of his own house the way I do. It's a really nice house. Old Victorian Style all basically renovated.

One piece of advice about saving for a house/condo, you need to save for more than just the downpayment, well, unless you like looking at bare walls and empty rooms.

One piece of advice about saving for a house/condo, you need to save for more than just the downpayment, well, unless you like looking at bare walls and empty rooms.

Furniture is overrated. Only thing in my living room is dryland hockey flooring tiles. It is much better then couch and tv.

Red light camera....I didn't realize the intersection had one. I didn't speed up or anything...just thought I'd beat the yellow. Not another car in sight.... just lights on timers. A quick google search tells me I can expect a $300 ticket in the mail soon. Yeah me!

i thought i got hit with a red light ticket in early august, but nothing has come in the mail.... yet.

Fingers crossed then....apparently they go across a persons desk first to determine if there really is an offence or not. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Still pissed I had to drop out of Winterfest.

Slight silver lining, things are getting better but I still have to watch my money better than I used to.

Guy on a team I play on keeps puking during games. He is getting it in the garbage can but he missed a little and dumped my water on it to clean it up. I guess going 2 periods without water is better than the bench smelling like puke.

Red light camera....I didn't realize the intersection had one. I didn't speed up or anything...just thought I'd beat the yellow. Not another car in sight.... just lights on timers. A quick google search tells me I can expect a $300 ticket in the mail soon. Yeah me!

What intersection was it? Some of the cameras move around from box to box and the idea is that you never know if there is a camera in the box at the intersection you are at. However, some of them are permanent.

Lost out on a great job. Obviously something wrong with me.

Nah man. The work ethic you have here to run this site I'm sure carries over to all things you do. Sometimes interviewers make some strange and bad choices; it is their loss. Ask them for feedback (if they'll give honest feedback) and see if they tell you what area they felt you were not strong enough in for them. Then work to improve and keep in touch with them. Many hires don't pan out once on the job. Keep your head up.