Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Thanksgiving......

I love my parents but am just lost when I try to figure out how none of my siblings will ever have them over for Thanksgiving. When was it decided that my wife and I "take them". Yep that's what my sister said...."take them".

Had to put my cat Figaro to sleep last night. One of the toughest things I've ever had to do in my life. It was the right thing and it had to be done, but I sure am gonna miss the little guy. Outside of blood relatives, I'd known him longer than anyone in my life :-( F*** cancer. Seriously, just effing find the cure for that crap already.

Was politely told today that I am no longer in the running for a job I interviewed for two weeks ago. It is really starting to get ridiculous.

Now imagine doing that for about 2 1/2 years+ Seriously though, at least you know your not in the running. It's worse when you get nothing back.

Online dating sucks! Just be honest and post an honest pic. If you are tiny up top and built like a mac track waist down. Explain it or show it! It almost would not matter if I knew what to expect when I showed up!

I can't even get to the disappointment of a bad meeting LOL. For example: I sent a message to a woman who replied (which in and of itself is a miracle) we exchanged a bunch of messages/texts over the next couple days. I suggested we meet for a drink/coffee...she said yes...which seemed good. Even sent me a current pic. Cute girl. Then, the afternoon we were supposed to meet...she sent me a text that she had an issue with one of her kids...could we reschedule. I said sure...she still seemed open to the idea...

We've chatted a bit since, but she hasn't returned any messages about rescheduling our 'date'...Maybe she was just looking for an out.

douchebag roomates................Every-time I go home for the weekend, I come back to find shit out of place and missing........and the worst part is I can't change rooms because I'm in a residential academic program......

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

Messed up my elbow pretty bad on Sunday while playing. Bruised really bad, and popping when I extend it. Hurts to the touch. I have a big week and weekend planned too. :-/

I can't even get to the disappointment of a bad meeting LOL. For example: I sent a message to a woman who replied (which in and of itself is a miracle) we exchanged a bunch of messages/texts over the next couple days. I suggested we meet for a drink/coffee...she said yes...which seemed good. Even sent me a current pic. Cute girl. Then, the afternoon we were supposed to meet...she sent me a text that she had an issue with one of her kids...could we reschedule. I said sure...she still seemed open to the idea...

We've chatted a bit since, but she hasn't returned any messages about rescheduling our 'date'...Maybe she was just looking for an out.

Don't give up on her. Maybe something really came up.

seriously, the best thrash talk you can muster when you're losing 9-3 is to tell me to 'go back to China'? .... where's your reply when I told you that you must love drinking your own spunk...

pointing to the scoreboard shut him the f up as well... dumb ass bogan kid. And btw, China fuels your country's frigging economy

and I aint from China...

Edited by fatwabbit

Online dating sucks! Just be honest and post an honest pic. If you are tiny up top and built like a mac track waist down. Explain it or show it! It almost would not matter if I knew what to expect when I showed up!

LOL!!! I had one of those. Then I met my wife...

seriously, the best thrash talk you can muster when you're losing 9-3 is to tell me to 'go back to China'? .... where's your reply when I told you that you must love drinking your own spunk...

pointing to the scoreboard shut him the f up as well... dumb ass bogan kid. And btw, China fuels your country's frigging economy

and I aint from China...

LOOOL it's true! What does bogan mean anyways?

and I aint from China...

Oh man, that's a pretty rough chirp! Never heard that one before :laugh:

Schools were off today so every kid showed up for stick time at 5:30 am. I was 8th one there. You have a cut off at 30 skaters.....why did I count 42 at one point. Thanks, I enjoyed my 5 feet of space.

LOOOL it's true! What does bogan mean anyways?

Bogan... essentially means redneck or hillbilly... offspring of siblings.The rink is located in a place where you would half expect your car to be broken into while you are playing.

Oh man, that's a pretty rough chirp! Never heard that one before :laugh:

Yea... he skated past my bench on the way to the toilet. He kept giving it, I just kept giving shit back. Ididnt want to say anything too witty, as he would most probably never understand.

I've got my nickname "Nintendo" on the back of my jersey, and he said that Nintendo man China... and I wanted to say that 1) most of his gear was made in China; 2) Nintendo isnt from China, unless you bought the cheap knock off, 3) he was in for an ass whooping if he continued this shit 4) there is a really cute chick named 'China' on another team... but then again, it would have been a waste of breath on someone who obviously thought that scoring a goal in a 9-3 loss was top class. I dont mind getting ribbed for being asian, my team mates do it all the time... but when you hear it from someone you never met before its just plain wrong. Also, my team mate's ex-wife was supporting the other team. According to my team mate she was sleeping around and from the looks of the two kids she had plus the bun in the oven, she obviously did her rounds.

Btw, China aint dumb. They buy all the iron ore from Oz, process it and sell it back. I've lived in Australia for close to 6 years and its the first time I've ever heard that.

Edited by fatwabbit

Flyers kicked us off the ice yesterday! 9-11 skate was advertised but they wanted to practice at 10:30. Skate zone gave us free passes for another drop in and free hats though!

One of the last things my grandfather said to me when he was in the hospital is that he wanted me to have a couple specific guns from his collection. Someone in the family found out that they also happened to be among the most valuable in the collection and they're trying to convince me that he said something different. None of them are all that valuable, less than a grand or so each, it's just the thought that someone would try and do this that pisses me off. Just one more reason I spend as little time as possible with that part of my family.

One of the last things my grandfather said to me when he was in the hospital is that he wanted me to have a couple specific guns from his collection. Someone in the family found out that they also happened to be among the most valuable in the collection and they're trying to convince me that he said something different. None of them are all that valuable, less than a grand or so each, it's just the thought that someone would try and do this that pisses me off. Just one more reason I spend as little time as possible with that part of my family.

I actually understand exactly what you are going through, with regards to respecting people's wishes, and family getting in the way. It completely sucks, and is totally disrespectful. Sorry you have to deal with it.

UPS. :facepalm:

With any luck, you'll get the guns AND never have to see them for the rest of your life - or at least the rest of their lives.