Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Team Captain from my state championship winning team topped himself...

holy crap.. were there signs that he was going to do it?

Edited by Goonsquad

holy crap.. were there signs that he was going to do it?

Nothing from what I know, and I dont want to speculate either... The thing that hit me after finding out: I sent him a text message on Christmas Eve, and he normally replies to me with the nickname that the team has given me. However it was the first time he's ever replied using my real name...

RIP brother, you will be missed.

The sad thing, it isn't just in the newer cities.

I don't know whether it's worse in some cities or the microphones are placed in such a way that it sounds louder in certain arenas, but it's such an annoyance while watching on TV.

I'm confident the players don't even pay attention to it, so all it results in is the drunk skunks waking up with red hands and the TV viewers waking up with a migraine.

No, use USPS and support your government.

HAHAHA! I am beginning to take this personally!

I am upset because I was told that a package that was supposed to be here on the 27th was floating around to be returned to the shipper on the 27th. Then it finally went out the 28th and is still not here. I understand the holidays and travel time, but the lack of tracking availability on parcel post and the mix has me frustrated. Not to mention that when I called the branch where the package was sent from I got the brush off. The guy who answered snapped back with I can not do anything for you be patient it will arrive and hung up. Just offer decent customer service and I will support it. I do not support private businesses with bad customer service, why support government agencies with bad service?

Tracking is available for Parcel Post.

It must have been an older page I found online. My issue is that I did not get a tracking number. I was told by the shipper that it was the same tracking number and nothing is showing up under that number. Maybe the issue is with the sender and not USPS. I have a picture of the receipt but no tracking number. :facepalm:

I don't know that it's automatic, they may have to add tracking to a parcel post shipment; I just know that I got one last week. Judging by the other mail I've been getting with tracking numbers, USPS doesn't always scan at every stage that they're supposed to, and their computer doesn't always update the web site timely. More than once I've received something, and the web site doesn't even show it out for delivery, though it does show its arrival at my local post office.

I would suspect your shipper. It usually doesn't take too long for the USPS web site to show "acceptance", meaning the package was dropped off, or "electronic billing info received", meaning that someone got a label online with a tracking number and paid for it.

Judging by the other mail I've been getting with tracking numbers, USPS doesn't always scan at every stage that they're supposed to, and their computer doesn't always update the web site timely. More than once I've received something, and the web site doesn't even show it out for delivery, though it does show its arrival at my local post office.

This is what I am referring to as poor customer service. It makes it hard to sleep easy with 175.00 floating around out there.

I don't know whether it's worse in some cities or the microphones are placed in such a way that it sounds louder in certain arenas, but it's such an annoyance while watching on TV.

I'm confident the players don't even pay attention to it, so all it results in is the drunk skunks waking up with red hands and the TV viewers waking up with a migraine.

Even worse if you're at the game. I remember when we had tickets for the Lowell AHL team and the same 2 yahoos in the first row of our section would pound the glass and the boards all the time.

Even worse if you're at the game. I remember when we had tickets for the Lowell AHL team and the same 2 yahoos in the first row of our section would pound the glass and the boards all the time.

Ranks up there with people getting up and walking when the puck is in play. Come on folks have some common sense and wait until there is a stoppage in play.. .

Played like crap last night. I decided to take a little break from playing hockey because of work but I think I shouldn't have. It felt like my first game back last year after taking a 16 year break. No stamina and couldn't catch my breath. I definitely hurt the team last night.

I was dizzy in spells for a couple hours yesterday, and was hoping its not anything post-concussion related, and that was bothering me. But then I woke up this morning to find my garage door in shambles. Local PD thinks somebody was trying to either squat in the garage or take my car, 2 scenarios I'm not too excited about.

First time bowling in over 25 years, and after some lousy balls, including some in the gutter, strung three strikes, opened, then kept marking.

I was dizzy in spells for a couple hours yesterday, and was hoping its not anything post-concussion related, and that was bothering me. But then I woke up this morning to find my garage door in shambles. Local PD thinks somebody was trying to either squat in the garage or take my car, 2 scenarios I'm not too excited about.

Plant traps, Home Alone-esque? :laugh:

Hope you get better dude.

I was dizzy in spells for a couple hours yesterday, and was hoping its not anything post-concussion related...

Yeah, it probably is related. I couldn't go into a grocery store without getting dizzy for months.

What was it about the grocery store that triggered it?

My issues were primarily vision related. If I was looking at something 10 feet to my left and then tried to focus on something in front of me, my eyes would go two feet to the right before coming back to the object in front of me. The bright lights and the multitude of colors on the boxes would make me nauseous within 50 feet. I would get headaches around the house or doing small tasks, but more objects and more color really made the situation worse. The bright lights just made it worse.

Drove over some snow and cracked my front bumper. By some snow, I mean a bit on the ground - not a snowbank or snow mixed with ice ect.. The car is only 5 months old and i was just taking my foot off the clutch to start in 1st gear (maybe going 2 mph). Cant believe the crappy quality of this car - Mazdaspeed 3. I brought it to my dealership and they said it was my own fault. Didn't need this bill...