Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Found out last night that my mother decided to sell a number of my grandfathers items without telling me, including a few that he told her that he wanted me to have. "I've been forgetting a lot of little things lately" doesn't excuse denying a death bed request, especially when I have asked about those things a number of times over the last few months.

Just "decided", or they're already sold and gone?

Found out last night that my mother decided to sell a number of my grandfathers items without telling me, including a few that he told her that he wanted me to have. "I've been forgetting a lot of little things lately" doesn't excuse denying a death bed request, especially when I have asked about those things a number of times over the last few months.

Sucks but sometimes you gotta cut your mom some slack. yah the stuff was willed to you but it would have made sense to move the item(s) to your own spot then have someone else be the caretaker..

Sucks but sometimes you gotta cut your mom some slack. yah the stuff was willed to you but it would have made sense to move the item(s) to your own spot then have someone else be the caretaker..

Well, she decided to ignore his last requests regarding burial and didn't bother telling me that he wanted to see me one last time before he became unable to communicate among many, many other things. She has always been selfish and vindictive. She has repeatedly told me that I will never see a penny of my grandparents money, that she will spend it all. She feels that money and possessions are everything, where I tend to feel that the memories and honoring deathbed requests are more important.

She has a long history of being melodramatic and taking advantage of people and situations. When my grandmother passes, and unfortunately I don't expect that to be more than another year or two, I probably won't have contact with my mother again. As it is, she only calls when she wants something from me and it has been that way for nearly 20 years now.

I guess the question is how much sponsorship is going on. If the bar is paying for the jerseys then they're getting cheap advertising every game and really can't complain too much. If they're covering league costs, well, then you could have a complaint.

About half our league fee per season.

And that's why I hate putting sponsor names on jerseys. It usually ends up costing more in the long run unless they're throwing big bucks at you.

Well, she decided to ignore his last requests regarding burial and didn't bother telling me that he wanted to see me one last time before he became unable to communicate among many, many other things. She has always been selfish and vindictive. She has repeatedly told me that I will never see a penny of my grandparents money, that she will spend it all. She feels that money and possessions are everything, where I tend to feel that the memories and honoring deathbed requests are more important. She has a long history of being melodramatic and taking advantage of people and situations. When my grandmother passes, and unfortunately I don't expect that to be more than another year or two, I probably won't have contact with my mother again. As it is, she only calls when she wants something from me and it has been that way for nearly 20 years now.

Yup.. This goes to show that without a backstory, its hard to understand the situation . Sorry dude. I am with you on the memories and shared good times

Well, she decided to ignore his last requests regarding burial and didn't bother telling me that he wanted to see me one last time before he became unable to communicate among many, many other things. She has always been selfish and vindictive. She has repeatedly told me that I will never see a penny of my grandparents money, that she will spend it all. She feels that money and possessions are everything, where I tend to feel that the memories and honoring deathbed requests are more important.

She has a long history of being melodramatic and taking advantage of people and situations. When my grandmother passes, and unfortunately I don't expect that to be more than another year or two, I probably won't have contact with my mother again. As it is, she only calls when she wants something from me and it has been that way for nearly 20 years now.

It sucks when family can be like that. Basically, since my mom passed I haven't had contact with 2 of my aunts on her side. Life is too short to be the one that puts in the effort that is never reciprocated.

Lets hope carter madsen for merrimack isn't seriously injured, never seen someone go head first into the boards like that. Although i was cheering for the other team sometimes you have to step back and realize this is just a game

I had just gotten back from working out, when my dorms fire alarm went off as my roommate and I were in the showers. (Separate showers) We had to just throw towels on and go outside, it was 38 degrees with a windchill of 16. We were soaking wet and just wearing towels too. God awful.

Had to deal with police officers after our game tonight because my teammate's girlfriend (fan) and the girl on the other team were screaming at each other after the girl barely put her shoulder into him. This caused no injury (it barely even moved him) and had no impact on a scoring opportunity or anything. All of this apparently lead to verbal altercation in the parking lot that I was not witness to but was very close to a fight from what I heard.

Seriously. 1) This is hockey: it's a physical game even in a non-check league. 2) It is only a game: no one is getting paid to play 3) Bitches be crazy 4) Knock it off, you're making the rest of us (women) look bad!

Had to deal with police officers after our game tonight because my teammate's girlfriend (fan) and the girl on the other team were screaming at each other after the girl barely put her shoulder into him. This caused no injury (it barely even moved him) and had no impact on a scoring opportunity or anything. All of this apparently lead to verbal altercation in the parking lot that I was not witness to but was very close to a fight from what I heard.

Seriously. 1) This is hockey: it's a physical game even in a non-check league. 2) It is only a game: no one is getting paid to play 3) Bitches be crazy 4) Knock it off, you're making the rest of us (women) look bad!

So the guy on your team just let his gf go off on her? Gotta love it when people can not quite figure points 1, 2, and 4 out. Unfortunately for the guy on your team it sounds like he has not figured point 3 out either!

Did your team win?

On a side note, after always saying don;t stand in front of the net if you are afraid of getting hit...it finally happened. Took a x-D1 d-man's snap shot off the jaw thursday night. I turned just in time to get it on the cheek and not the teeth. I guess I have a strong jaw, nothing broke(maybe a hairline fracture), and all my teeth are still intact. My jaw and neck cramped up instantly so at first I thought my jaw was broken. Thank god it wasn't his hardest, but it was probably still 60-70 mph. My left side looks good. My right side looks like Bruce Boudreau.

Edited by skyscrape

This dammed warm weather!

My local pond tourney has already be postponed from the first weekend of the month. Now it's warm again, I wonder if the ice can hold out this week.

In our beer league game the other night I'm the only player near the opposing team's zone due to a terrible shift change on their part. The puck is traveling along the boards into their zone and their goalie stops it behind the net. He skates along the boards a little bit with the puck and attempts to clear it along the boards. At this point, I'm 5 feet away from him and the puck hits me right in the shin pad. I kick it along the boards and start my triumphant journey around the goal to stuff it into the empty net. He then proceeds to do his best Paul Bunyan impression and gives me a full chop to the hand and fractures it. Now I have 4 weeks of trying to squeeze my splint-protected hand into my glove. Not a single f*@# was given by the refs.

If by "triumphant" you mean you just tapped it into the empty net, he's a real jerk with anger issues. If, however, you mean you raised your stick triumphantly after scoring, he's still a real jerk with anger issues, but celebrating would have set him off.

I should have written, "what I thought would be my triumphant...."

He shattered my hand as I was passing him, my stick flew from my hand and the puck made its way toward the other corner.

I should have written, "what I thought would be my triumphant...."

He shattered my hand as I was passing him, my stick flew from my hand and the puck made its way toward the other corner.

I would write/complain to the league, that sounds like assault and a deliberate intent to do serious injury. The goalie should have to pay for your doctors fees or at least be suspended/expelled from the league.

Spent many hours putting together a movie in iMovie 9. Had to sort through close to 90 minutes of raw footage to boil it down to a few minutes. Very time consuming. Get everything just so and after I export the movie, the sound is all screwed up in a few places. Discover (numerous internet posts) that this is a common bug with iMovie 9. Nice to find this out after all that time wasted editing. Should have stuck to Final Cut.