Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

You might want to say, "I hit him in the throat with my shot". "I shot him in the throat" paints a whole different picture, even in a hockey context.

No offense -- your English is way better than my nonexistent French.

Apparently a goalie cross checking me to the ground, while the puck was in the corner, and the whistle had been blown, then jumping on me and punching me repeatedly in the head with his blocker isn't grounds for a game misconduct, because he didn't drop his gloves :facepalm:

Apparently a goalie cross checking me to the ground, while the puck was in the corner, and the whistle had been blown, then jumping on me and punching me repeatedly in the head with his blocker isn't grounds for a game misconduct, because he didn't drop his gloves :facepalm:

Nope, it's actually a match.

Amature B league isn't the kind of place to be using your blocker as a weapon, regardless of situation.

A match penalty is a minimum 30 day suspension under USA Hockey rules. Obviously I agree with you.

Yeah, was just venting a little more. I'm in Ireland, they checked the rule book...ended up a 10+2, served by another player which seems a bit stupid since a blocker is more dangerous than a fist

My 18th birthday was today lets say it didnt go as planned broke my new stick in warm ups and a kid ducks outta my hit catches my feet I fall into the boards BAM dislocated shoulder out 4-6 weeks -__-

Got slew footed in my game. Guy pinned me to the boards and swept out the back of my feet and ended up hurting my tailbone.This is a no check league too.

Got a crosscheck to the cage against the boards at practice, he could not stop, lousy skating skills and he did not keep his stick down. Plus could not explain shit to him as he doesn't speak english, he's from eastern europe, what a fucking moron.

Head seems ok as far of concussion symptoms, bit nausea after pratice, still concerned though, pick em up easily, got a bit of whiplash aswell.

Public skate in a few hours, will see how I feel afterwards.

Rec hockey is not fun, when people can get speed on their skates, but not stop or move :(

Edited by Morten

You might want to say, "I hit him in the throat with my shot". "I shot him in the throat" paints a whole different picture, even in a hockey context.

No offense -- your English is way better than my nonexistent French.

Don't worry, I will never be offense by someone here that correct my wobbly english. After reading again... it really sound weird...

And for the venting part, I got warned by my league's president to shut my mouth on the ice cause i'm talking too much to other players. The thing is that I was telling warning because I got cheap shot a lot of time in the last 2-3 games against the president team.

League game tonight we lost, was too lazy to sharpen my skates and they are as flat as the ice so I played poorly (well, worse than usual)

To make matters worse, after watching tonight's Ranger vs Capitals game and seeing that Capital player miss a wide open net to only hit the post, I said to myself "How the hell do you miss that, sucks to be him". Well fast forward to my game, teammate rips a shot from the right I know EXACTLY where the rebound is going, off the goalie pad onto my stick, net for days anddddd PING into the post. I now know how it feels to be that player on the Capitals, it sucks!

Set the precedent now, otherwise, she'll always have a reason for you not to play hockey.

"You're going to hockey? But today is the anniversary of the first time that we saw Lady and the Tramp together???"

You need to explain that "hallmark holidays" aren't important, it's what you do and who you are over the entire year that should be important. If she doesn't understand that, she probably isn't worth your time.

Was told by my g/f that im a horrible person because I want to play hockey on valentines day....

That depends: early game, late game, or really late game?

Mine is a RANT - YIPPEE! - RANT

RANT 1: As I was installing an update last Monday, my iMac wouldn't reboot, and Applecare told me take it to the store. My hard drive was failing, so the tech asked if I had a backup. I told him that I had online backup, but it was so interminablly slow that I didn't feel like having to wait three weeks to retrieve my important documents. As such, I drove the thirty minutes home to grab my external HD, waited two-and-a-half hours as the relevant files copied, then returned home. I had been told my computer would be ready in the morning.

The next morning I called to see if the hard drive was replaced. Yes it was, sir, but our tech knocked something off the mother board, so we need to replace that for you; it should be ready tomorrow.

Called the next day, not yet ready.

Finally was able to pick it up Friday morning.

YIPPEE!: If you think about it, having a new hard drive and motherboard is nearly like getting a new computer. I probably got another two to three years life out of it.

RANT 2: They upgraded the operating system on me. I had been holding off on installing Lion for a while, since some people had reported issues, but I actually was probably going to do so in the very near future. The problem is when they updated the software, I no longer could just drag and drop all the files I had copied onto the hard drive, because i would then be overwriting new files with preferences from the older operating system.

So for the past two days, I've been coming across countless issues of applications not loading (so I have to find install disks and serial numbers), applications not working as inspected (because all preferences have returned to default), or websites missing logins and passwords (since those were all wiped away.

As I said, it's like I was given a new computer, but what a pain it's been!

Was told by my g/f that im a horrible person because I want to play hockey on valentines day....

I have to agree with Chadd about it being a Hallmark invention. I don't know if The Big D and I have EVER done anything on Valentine's Day.

We seldom bought Christmas or birthday presents for the first 10-12 years because it wasn't really in the budget, and haven't bought a lot since then because we're finally at a point where we don't need much, so maybe we'll say, "Here, wrap up this blouse and put it under the tree for me."

I was reminded about my last anniversary when I saw it listed on the side on Facebook: "Today is The Big D's anniversary."

Yet we both agree we have a great marriage.

It's all about values, and a contrived holiday doesn't fall under important enough value to be considered a terrible BF/GF.