Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

That depends: early game, late game, or really late game?

game is at 8:30 any other day id love this game time, but tomorrow i wished it was at 11:30. I would take her to the rink, but she thinks our hockey sucks - what can i say, its just A division :facepalm: .

Ive already sat her down and explained to her that there are about 364 other days in the year where i could spend the entire day with her, buy her flowers and chocolates ect... but she just doesn't get it.

Was told by my g/f that im a horrible person because I want to play hockey on valentines day....

Set the precedent now, otherwise, she'll always have a reason for you not to play hockey.

"You're going to hockey? But today is the anniversary of the first time that we saw Lady and the Tramp together???"

Agreed. I played games on our 6-month and 1-year wedding anniversaries and on consecutive Valentine's Days; all I get now is good-natured groaning.

Part of this is just simple honesty: if your actions say that hockey is important, she won't be confused by hockey's importance to you later. If you make it clear that occasional celebrations trump your hockey, then change your tune later on - even if it's for a perfectly sound reason in your mind, like a playoff game or a game where you're short players - it's open to interpretation.

Agreed. I played games on our 6-month and 1-year wedding anniversaries and on consecutive Valentine's Days; all I get now is good-natured groaning.

Part of this is just simple honesty: if your actions say that hockey is important, she won't be confused by hockey's importance to you later. If you make it clear that occasional celebrations trump your hockey, then change your tune later on - even if it's for a perfectly sound reason in your mind, like a playoff game or a game where you're short players - it's open to interpretation.

Unable to reconcile those two, but if it works for domestic harmony. . .

rare post, complaining about a win. problem was, it was the worst team in the league and neither of their ringers showed up. We were up by six halfway into the first. It's better to win in a rout than lose in one, but it's still no fun to beat a team that badly. We're losing our two best player next season and I have a bad feeling that scores like this are going to come back to bite us in the ass when they build the divisions for next season.

The word biannual always struck me as positively filthy.

I just realized, shouldn't this be semiannual? Strangely enough, I swapped the two when I was leaving a voicemail for my boss just a couple of days ago.

You need to explain that "hallmark holidays" aren't important, it's what you do and who you are over the entire year that should be important. If she doesn't understand that, she probably isn't worth your time.

+1

I just realized, shouldn't this be semiannual? Strangely enough, I swapped the two when I was leaving a voicemail for my boss just a couple of days ago.

Biannual and semiannual are exactly synonymous; biennial, however, means every two years. This post brought to you by The Notorious OED: pimpin' words since 1861.

Incidental rant: if I hear one more bloody person in my field - where they really ought to know better - getting all censorious about the word 'niggardly' I'm going to be forced to found a Clockwork Orange Institute of Compulsory Dictionary Review.

I have had 3 sinus infections, 2 ear infections and bronchitis in the last 3 months, went to Ear Nose and Throat doc, I have a deviated septum and possible sinus issues (need CT scan to determine if i do) and will need surgery! (Not a bad surgery but still not happy about it!)

I have had 3 sinus infections, 2 ear infections and bronchitis in the last 3 months, went to Ear Nose and Throat doc, I have a deviated septum and possible sinus issues (need CT scan to determine if i do) and will need surgery! (Not a bad surgery but still not happy about it!)

I had a pretty similar run last winter/spring and it turned out I had a number of previously undiagnosed allergies. I strongly suggest being tested to anyone that has had a string of sinus issues. It won't alleviate the deviated septum, but it certainly could reduce the amount of sinus problems that you have.

I had a pretty similar run last winter/spring and it turned out I had a number of previously undiagnosed allergies. I strongly suggest being tested to anyone that has had a string of sinus issues. It won't alleviate the deviated septum, but it certainly could reduce the amount of sinus problems that you have.

I have a band mate who had the sinus/deiviated septum surgery and he always had a million sinus infections even afterwards. It was allergies to certain foods that caused him to be succeptible to the infections and sinus congestion. He changed his diet and not only lost weight but he has had no sinus issues from then on. I have to check, but I think it was dairy and wheat or gluten causing his issues. I had never heard of such a thing.

I've had the septoplasty surgery twice now, and both times it has been amazing! I had problems breathing through my nose since I was about 15, and when I finally decided I couldn't take it any more (at 27) the surgery was unbelievable. The only thing I regretting was not getting it sooner. If you're stuck on whether to get the surgery or not, I would go witth Chadd's advice and check for alergies first because there can be very mild cases of a deviated septums. Since you said you've had sinus infections, ear infections, and bronchitis they can all be related to some sort of alergic reation. I would suggest getting you're alergies checked first, but if nothing comes from those tests, the septoplasty is a really minor surgery and you shouldn't worry at all about it.

Working in a retail store all day by yourself suckssssssss!!!! Especially when you have to do everything.... warranties, selling, answer the phone, bill payments, etc. It's even worse when everybody comes in all at once. UGH!

Thanks for the advice, I am going to ask the doc about the allergies! The breathing and constant bloody noeses is still a major issue that the surgery should fix if nothing else!

Now the issue becomes if insurance covers the surgery because it can be deemed "cosmetic"

Last game of the regular season yesterday, finished season with 1 goal and 30 passes... and the goal was an empty goal from behing my goal line... sad to see that I'm not a goal scoring offensive D-Men anymore...

Bought an ST a couple weeks ago because of all the good things i've heard. low and behold, it snaps clean in two, just below the half way point of the shaft, a week over warranty. (bought it and had it around the house until I needed it.) add that to the collection of broken sticks, I'm going to need to figure something else out for next season.

Dont be ashamed, that kind of stuff happens in recovery. The key is not to allow it to become a pattern. Getting sober is hard, staying sober is harder, but the rewards are worth the effort.

Edited by shooter27