Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

You're going to need to find yourself some new weekend friends that don't drink and won't put you in a situation around alcohol. Clearly, you still have some work to do.

One word. Relapse.

I am ashamed of myself.

Don't be ashamed, keep your chin up and concentrate on how much progress you made. It's not the number of time a man falls that count but the numbers of times that a man gets up (cheesy as hell but really true)!

You're going to need to find yourself some new weekend friends that don't drink and won't put you in a situation around alcohol. Clearly, you still have some work to do.

Agreed, there is a non drinking fraternity I am thinking of joining here. I know at least 2 of the guys in it are openly alcoholics as well. Might be good for me.

Agreed, there is a non drinking fraternity I am thinking of joining here. I know at least 2 of the guys in it are openly alcoholics as well. Might be good for me.

Chippa is right. Go for it, man! What do you have to lose by joining? I've been through an addiction stage and finding new friends to hang out with is definitely a key element to recovery. Best of luck to you.

People who really care about you will make it easier, not harder, to avoid problems.

Exactly right.

Thank you both of you. I am going to continue to try and stay sober. I just have to stay away from people who don't have my best interests at heart.

Yes, and one of the keys is to replace "it" with something else.

One of the things that always amazed me is that I hated getting drunk - despised it, and yet there I was again. And then, the next afternoon I'd forget how much I hated drinking that much, and so I'd start again. For me at least, it was a kind of madness: doing over and over exactly what I disliked.

Elimination games went wrong yesterday (except for my goal). The first game, one team told the other the week before that they are not able to have a complete team with enough replacement players that played one game in the season (rule for our playoff). So team 2 told the team 1 captain to come anyway, they want to play the game. So this week Team 2 comes with 3 guy that didn't played in the season (not big dominent guys, within the league ''talent'') and win the game 6-4. Team 2 captain then tells that even if they loose they passes to final because last week Team 1 told them that the game was theirs. So now there's a meeting on tuesday to settles the thing. Then in the game 2, we were winning 9-4 with 5 min to play, I try a bomb at the other team blue line (from my goal line), my player takes the puck but got slashed two handed on the right foot by an idiotic little wanna be Gretzky of 17 years old. I go for the guy to talk a little with him but got clotheslined by another guy and now I'm not sure I will be able to work on monday because my neck is hurting bad.

well the gf of just over a year kinda cheated on me. Not in the sense of actually hooking up with someone else but well on its way to that point. I am not the type to really freak out about innocent conversation with an old friend but to the point they were at sending pics and stuff along those lines really put me over the edge. Dunno what to do now. Havent broke it off yet but im gonna wait it out a little while and calm myself before making any decisions. Friggen broads i tell ya!

well the gf of just over a year kinda cheated on me. Not in the sense of actually hooking up with someone else but well on its way to that point. I am not the type to really freak out about innocent conversation with an old friend but to the point they were at sending pics and stuff along those lines really put me over the edge. Dunno what to do now. Havent broke it off yet but im gonna wait it out a little while and calm myself before making any decisions. Friggen broads i tell ya!

Thats bull!!! Pictures and texts are over the line in my book. Sorry to hear that.

Makes my vent about the Sharks trading one of their hardest working guys seem pretty trivial. Take care Jamie McGinn.

Owe the F'ing IRS $$$... :dry: Can't wait to tell the wife...

Know what you mean...found out that my old job wasnt taking my state taxes out so now I owe PA a nice chunk of change and no one can explain as to why this wasnt withheld to begin with!

How did you not know this when you looked at your first pay stub?

it was all direct deposited, so i never actually printed a paystub (I know my fault for not checking but it sucks now)

Know what you mean...found out that my old job wasnt taking my state taxes out so now I owe PA a nice chunk of change and no one can explain as to why this wasnt withheld to begin with!

Did they get your local too? We have an extra 1.5% that we have to pay locally on top of federal and state.

Got ditched twice in the same day by someone who I thought was my friend. First time he stood there and watched me get told I am not welcome to come along on a side job that I was going to do. I was the one who told him he should come along, as we both know the person who was looking for help. He then proceeds to ditch me after he gets back to go hangout with a girl he likes. I don't care that he wants to hangout with her tonight and not me. Just dont tell me we are doing something tonight and then say "sorry I'm gonna go hang out with my lady friend and her friends and there isn't enough space for you."

Before we burn the girl at the stake, what was the nature of the pictures and texts?

Haha naked pics and talking about how some days she wishes she could pretend she was single. Life goes on and shit happens. I'm 20 years old and been through alot worse things than this. Even though it hurts a lot i know its not the end of the world.

Haha naked pics and talking about how some days she wishes she could pretend she was single. Life goes on and shit happens. I'm 20 years old and been through alot worse things than this. Even though it hurts a lot i know its not the end of the world.

Ok, gather the pitchforks and light the torches.

Was in my dealer manager's work car the other day, both of us supposed to travel 3 hours west to visit a customer. Hadnt even left the city yet and we got rear ended by a truck. Lucky we didnt get pushed out into the main traffic that was just zipping by.

Didnt think much of it, but seem to now have neck aches and shoulder pain. Doc (who is hot in her mid 30s) says no whiplash or damage, but wants me going to the physio.