Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Of the doctor and the cheating girlfriend. Thats the best way to teach a girl, by putting her on the internet for all to see.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Zach

Been battling a nasty cold for a couple of weeks. Took a day off work to rest up. Return to work and am in a tiny meeting room with a manager who brags about how sick he is with strep throat blah blah, all designed to make him look like a real dedicated trooper. That was last week. Now I'm even sicker. I missed all of last week at work and four planned hockey games with an infection in my throat similar to strep and still feel like crap and am having a hard time breathing.Should have stopped by the office this week and coughed all over said manager's desk.

Was in my dealer manager's work car the other day, both of us supposed to travel 3 hours west to visit a customer. Hadnt even left the city yet and we got rear ended by a truck. Lucky we didnt get pushed out into the main traffic that was just zipping by.

Didnt think much of it, but seem to now have neck aches and shoulder pain. Doc (who is hot in her mid 30s) says no whiplash or damage, but wants me going to the physio.

Doctors can't always see soft tissue damage.

I had no fun at all in my beer league game because our goalie is a dousche. Between trying to fight people and getting penalties non stop, It was horrible. For me to say I had no fun is really bad because I have fun every Saturday win or lose. I pray he isn't playing next season because if he is, I'm going to a different team. Besides the goalie, two on one breakaway 4 times with the same line mate. Think he passes to me? Nope, shoots right into his chest. Thats my venting for the month.

two on one breakaway 4 times with the same line mate. Think he passes to me? Nope, shoots right into his chest.

I know what you mean. On a drop in at my local barn, there is someone who will usually show up every now and again. For the most part its all the same people who know each other. But, I never liked the guy. Now I remember why. 1.5 hr skate. He took 3 LONG shifts. Not overly skilled but not terrible. Had several 2-0/2-1's with him. He either coughed it up in traffic or put it straight in the goalies chest. Seriously dude? He had a talking to and needless to say It was 4 of us on our team and then him. Shit pisses me off. Dish the biscuit so I can drive it home. At least 1 time. Feel your pain, bro.

Edited by C.SLO5

I just don't understand why customers cannot be more upfront with employees; especially if they are unsatisfied with the service (or lack there of)? If I'm dissatisfied with the service that I've received; I'll say something while I'm in the store as politely as possible. If I am upset to the point that I cannot verbalize my dissatisfaction, I just go elsewhere. I don't go home and write a one sided email to the store/corporate office to voice my complaint; but I guess it varies from person to person.

In some cases, there could be a perception that the employees don't care. It's not a huge leap from there to the conclusion that the manager on duty doesn't care, or the problem wouldn't exist. This logic would lead one to make a complaint higher up the corporate ladder.

In some cases, there could be a perception that the employees don't care. It's not a huge leap from there to the conclusion that the manager on duty doesn't care, or the problem wouldn't exist. This logic would lead one to make a complaint higher up the corporate ladder.

Plus, a lot of people don't like conflict.

Last year after we got eliminated from payoffs in March, I didn't touch the ice until July. Sometimes a break isn't always a bad thing.

Edited by adam14

Taking the summer off from hockey.

Just too many upcoming time commitments. Not happy, but better than losing money skipping games.

Talk to the guy that runs your team. Every summer we'll have some guys who split spots.

Having a very frustrating season with the 4 on 4 inline team I'm on this year. We haven't won a game since before Christmas. We have the league's top scorer, third best scorer, and the worst record. This should give you an idea of the team dynamic. I don't mind losing to a better team, but I f*cking hate losing because of stupidity. Case in point, during our last game, we played a good first period. Second period, we're in trouble. The D men start trying to beat their checks one on one and drive to the net. No point shots. No passes. Our forwards are already set up for the screen and a rebound or a dump into the corner, so when a D man stickhandling into the zone creates a turnover, it becomes a three on one odd man rush. Again, and again, and again. We go from 1-0 to 1-4 in about 5 minutes.

Time out. We talk about the change, what the problem is, and what we have to do to fix it. The result?

For another 1 and 3/4 periods, I watch the D keep doing the same thing, over, and over, and over. Mr Top Scorer decides to win the game himself, and it's chaos as our transitions and defensive assignments are shredded, because he's dancing around everywhere. The rest of the team is running around trying to cover open opponents as he leaves his check to try to steal a puck. Everyone tries to scramble and adjust.We took 21 shots in the first period, 4 in the second, 5 in the third, losing 8 to 1.

After a while, we just stopped even trying to convince the guys on D to try to pass or shoot. All we'd get is, "Yeah, good call, we have to change that..." and there they f*cking go again. I'm not kidding, for half a second, I thought about throwing a check into one of my own teammates as he tried to dangle down the boards past me again.

Like I said, I don't mind losing, but I hate losing stupid. I'm glad there's less than 8 weeks left in the season, so I can look forward to a new draft next year and have a good chance at not having to deal with sharing the same jersey as these asses.

well after being released from my junior team as a 20 year old earlier this season i joined my brothers team (which is basically jr c) with another buddy who was supposed to be playing jr a as well but like me had his season ended by a major injury. Anyways we won game 2 of the best of 3 for our league finals tonight to win the league. But this is in the venting spot because we won 21-3 and was the most boring game ive ever played! Before anyone says anything about running up the score that bad this team we played against talked trash all year and even throughout tonights game, even after being down by 20 goals at one point. It was just a boring ass game to be playing but hey we won i guess.

Messed up my back a week ago which caused my foot to go numb, good stuff. Took the week off from hockey, my back felt fine, foot was still a little numb but I figured I tried to play last night. I had to leave early because I couldn't do anything: stop, skate backwards, pivot - felt like I'd never been on skates before. I found out that whatever is causing the numbness in my foot is causing loss of muscle strength in my leg. I have two leagues starting up soon, one this week & one in the beginning of April. I'm hoping this doesn't last long...I've been waiting for league play for months.

Messed up my back a week ago which caused my foot to go numb, good stuff. Took the week off from hockey, my back felt fine, foot was still a little numb but I figured I tried to play last night. I had to leave early because I couldn't do anything: stop, skate backwards, pivot - felt like I'd never been on skates before. I found out that whatever is causing the numbness in my foot is causing loss of muscle strength in my leg. I have two leagues starting up soon, one this week & one in the beginning of April. I'm hoping this doesn't last long...I've been waiting for league play for months.

That sucks. PM me if you want a great recommendation for sports med in Pgh... What did you do to your back?

Venting for me... being in a state of limbo as to what I'll do for hockey this summer... 50/50 chance I'll be living somewhere else for three months so I'm afraid if I sign up for a league here, I'll end up living there and vice versa, but almost everything requires a commitment ($) way earlier than I'll know for sure.. worried I'll end up stuck with nothing in the end.

Edited by vectoranalysisgo

Not really a major vent, but my scoring streak with the widow came to an end. This is the first time since I got the stick last summer that I haven't put up any goals or assists in a game. We still got the win, and that was the most important thing, just hate to see a run like that come to an end.

People at the gym who ask you how many sets you have left in the middle of a rep. Are you so self absorbed that you think it's ok that i might get hurt because you distracted me 3/4 of the way into a squat with 300+ lbs on my back or are you just that oblivious to everything going on around you? Your time is that valuable that you can't wait 30 seconds till I'm done my set?