Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Played one of the shittiest games tonight in a 10-2 loss. We had only 5 skaters, two of which tend to dump the puck all the time. I tried to hussle a couple times for the puck, but then it just gets tiring to chase the dumped puck, and when you look up to center the puck there is no one there... which means you pass back to the point or defence again...

Secon

we're going to need pics of the doc, just to be sure

Seconded and Third! All those in favor? motion passed ;)

I had no fun at all in my beer league game because our goalie is a dousche. Between trying to fight people and getting penalties non stop, It was horrible. For me to say I had no fun is really bad because I have fun every Saturday win or lose. I pray he isn't playing next season because if he is, I'm going to a different team. Besides the goalie, two on one breakaway 4 times with the same line mate. Think he passes to me? Nope, shoots right into his chest. Thats my venting for the month.

Sucks. We had a goalie who would liquor up and get high before a game and blamed losses on us. I mean yeah we sucked.. but its really deflating when softies are being let in when you're skating your ass off.

It's amazing how one word can totally change the tone of the game. Don't call me that, I don't care if you are mad, it's not ok. Especially near San Francisco.

Let me give you all a hint. The dude leveled a girl half his size, we complained, he called me a word starting with "Fa" and ending in "aggot" totally uncalled for and frankly pathetic.

The dude was wearing a green CCM x-ray and a blue visor also.

My entire team stopped after that. Wasn't fun anymore.

It's amazing how one word can totally change the tone of the game. Don't call me that, I don't care if you are mad, it's not ok. Especially near San Francisco.

Let me give you all a hint. The dude leveled a girl half his size, we complained, he called me a word starting with "Fa" and ending in "aggot" totally uncalled for and frankly pathetic.

The dude was wearing a green CCM x-ray and a blue visor also.

My entire team stopped after that. Wasn't fun anymore.

There's always that one guy that takes it from edgy and charged to "well, this is f***ed up".

Made one of the girls I coach cry last night (14 year old at that). Took a one in a million wrist shot during a drill with her standing in front of the net. Snapped her intermediate Miken stick clean about a foot above the heel. And now of course Mom is pissed at me...

Does this offend anyone?

back.jpg

If it's too small, all it is is the scores of our three district games that my team won followed by "Who's Next". This didn't sit well with a couple of people. I don't get it. We used to do this shit all the time in high school. Bet the people who complained want 5th place trophies for their kids as well... :rolleyes:

Edited by coryroth24

Not especially offensive, but kid stuff, and not particularly classy. I wouldn't say anything if I saw it, but since you asked. . .

Agreed, not offensive, but totally lacking in class.

I have a hard time believing that people are THAT FUCKING STUPID!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Had the deviated septum surgery...yeah it sucks more than i thought!

and as far as stupidity, think of how dumb the average person is, HALF of the world is dumber than that!

You will most likely feel congested for about two weeks after that you should be fine. When everything is healed up you will not regret this surgery one bit , it's amazing how much better things can be when you can actually breathe!

Edited by bigdmac

UGH! How bad? Going in for it myself soon, give it to me straight!

Edited by BenderHockey

Pain is minimal following surgery, and painkillers will be prescribed for any discomfort you may experience. Following surgery, you would need to refrain from exercising for at least four weeks. Not following this guideline will increase your swelling and delay the healing time. The first two/three days are the most "painful/annoying" because of the packing. After that you will feel congested for around two weeks. Once the packing is taken out after your surgery (Usually 2- 3 days), you will notice a difference immediately, and as time goes on, things will only improve.

Pain is minimal following surgery, and painkillers will be prescribed for any discomfort you may experience. Following surgery, you would need to refrain from exercising for at least four weeks. Not following this guideline will increase your swelling and delay the healing time. The first two/three days are the most "painful/annoying" because of the packing. After that you will feel congested for around two weeks. Once the packing is taken out after your surgery (Usually 2- 3 days), you will notice a difference immediately, and as time goes on, things will only improve.

Thats pretty much it, the first 2-3 days were brutal and the pain killers didnt really help! the splints that come out on tuesday are stitched in so any time my nose moves it pulls at stitching which hurts like all hell! Counting the hours til tues at 830am when they come out

When the splints get taken out it can be pretty rough, but immediatly after you'll notice how much better you can actually breathe. Such a relief when everything is finished! Good luck the rest of the way, don't hesitate if you have any more questions!

Baby boy had big fever, went to hospital for 3 hours last night (11H30 p.m to 2H30a.m.) then did my 12 hours shift with fight popping out everywhere in the jail... and my shoulder injury from last summer came back...

Normally don't post in these threads, but I'm extremely saddened and upset today.

Went to bed last night and somehow had a dream about one of my high school teachers. I was fortunate enough to have her as my Creative Writing teacher for two years in a row - junior and senior year (Sr year she was extremely hard on me due to senioritis), and she was special. She inspired me to write; I continued on into college as a mass comm/journalism major along with editorships and all that, and even though I took an unconventional route in the field that definitely couldn't have been forseen back in 1995, I realize that I did achieve that goal. I create content on ModSquadHockey daily.

Regardless, so I wake up and look up her name - yes, most students don't know their high school's teacher's full name - and I find out she had died of ovarian cancer back in 2008. And I don't know why, but I'm losing it right now. :(