Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

its unimaginable how hard it is to find a summer job in this town. from grocery stores to hotels to sports stores construction and even fast food. it seems like nobody is hiring, and my colleagues from university that stayed in town for the summer got their jobs transferred from their home so they all have work. So depressing.

Its tough to find a summer job anywhere. Most jobs don't want to invest in training and hiring for someone that will stay on for 2 3 months then leave. I have been through it before best advice I can give is to search for small/non chain jobs.

its unimaginable how hard it is to find a summer job in this town. from grocery stores to hotels to sports stores construction and even fast food. it seems like nobody is hiring, and my colleagues from university that stayed in town for the summer got their jobs transferred from their home so they all have work. So depressing.

Try your city parks department. I worked for the city for 3 summers.

Wanted to take 1 week off when my baby is born to spend it with him and Whitney, switched to a new team and told by the new boss and the manager i'm under that they're not supporting one week off but my old manager was so their reply is "we may get you one or two days"

new job time?

FMLA should apply unless it is a very small company. They can't prevent you from taking it.

i applied but because i'm under 1 year they said i don't qualify, they're trying to comply this morning they said that they'll allow me one week but i have to immediately report when she goes into labor and it starts right there

it's whatever i was told i could get FMLA and then i get told i can't, so if they won't comply, we'll figure something out

And then, "my dog ate my keyboard..."

People and their excuses; unreal.

A better excuse would be "My dog used the computer as a fire hydrant".. Excuses are excuses though.. avoiding the Truth

Edited by Goonsquad

A bear knocked over my trash can and spread a weeks worth of rubish all over my backyard. I heard the cans go over and went outside to find an untagged 2-3 year old cub pawing through them. As it's not good for them to associate human trash/homes with an easy meal I attempted to "shoo" it away. Wasn't bothered by my Surefire light, didn't seem to notice me yelling and banging a pan on the driveway 30 feet away. Barely noticed when I hit it in the backside with a football. At that point I had exhausted all my "less lethal" options and went back in the house. Cleaning trash in the rain sucks.

Food in the freezer has been a little soft the last couple weeks, noticed a pool of water under the fridge this morning. Just pulled down a cabinet to make room for a larger model, now I need to clean and paint the wall. Of course, my wife comes down with a bad back this weekend and can't help. So much for a relaxing three day weekend.

trying to plan for the wife's birthday and she's being a pain in the ass. Making it worse is the fact that it's one of those "round number" birthdays.

Took a stick right in the mouth today, basically split my front tooth in half, right through my mouthguard and everything. Worst part is I was playing with my brother and his coworkers in a pointless game. Off to the dentist at 9:30 tomorrow morning, should be exciting...

The jackass who decided to skate his shoulder right thru my head when my backdoor tap-in was already in the net. If I'm posting in the concussion support group thread a couple of days from now I'm going to be pissed. There's a reason I hate when we get scheduled against teams in the level below us.

Scored my first adult league goal; blocked a shot, came in on a breakaway, threw a move to my forehand, and buried it off the back bar. Beautiful goal. Except the ref called it a no goal. Even people on the other team were saying it was a goal. :-/

We still won, and I scored later in, but it would have been nice to remember that as my first adult league goal.

The jackass who decided to skate his shoulder right thru my head when my backdoor tap-in was already in the net. If I'm posting in the concussion support group thread a couple of days from now I'm going to be pissed. There's a reason I hate when we get scheduled against teams in the level below us.

You forgot to add the guy saying "Dude you were in the crease...I had to clear you out"

I kept my feet and guy didn't say a word, either right after or after the game. Not even anything after I got one of his teammates with a one handed chop on the hand and told said teammate exactly why he got it.

Grandmom passed away yesterday afternoon...in a way this could also be a sweet spot moment, at least she's with my grandfather again, who I never had the pleasure of meeting.

Why do people try and post hockey gloves on sale and use the original pictures they themselves saw of them when they first bought them? Not of their current condition? So shady.

I HATE THAT

I got rear ended this morning that left me with two lumbar compression fractures... First game of the summer session is tonight and I'm stuck in bed in a brace for the next 8-10 weeks unable to work, play hockey, workout, or hold my nephew......

I got rear ended this morning that left me with two lumbar compression fractures... First game of the summer session is tonight and I'm stuck in bed in a brace for the next 8-10 weeks unable to work, play hockey, workout, or hold my nephew......

Sorry, man...Hope you're back at it soon. I'm in the same boat. I just got rear-ended by some idiot and am on hold with insurance people. If concussion symptoms come on, I may be done playing for good. Pretty nervous.

Edit - Turns out this kills my shot at going to Summer Jam. If you text while you drive, please stop (there's no way this accident would have happened if the jerk was paying attention). You could really hurt or kill someone.

Edited by sickwilly

Found put today that me 10 year old Australian Shepard dog has a tumor on his right elbow. It's grown from nothing to a golf ball lump in about 2 months. Only things we can do are amputation and chemo, but it will probably be back in a few months anyway if it's that aggressive.

Trying to figure out how to tell my 4 year old that his dog won't be coming home after the next vet visit.

Update: Had the dog put down last night. I think it's the hardest thing I've ever done. Told my son and I think the biggest hurdle will be the concept of forever for him. He kept holding out his hands and saying "Joey will be home in this many?".

Edited by Super_Newfie