Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

And if it leaves any kind of void, I hope it means I'll be able to get Tastykake on this coast.

You can order them online - shipped direct to your door

http://shop.tastykak...ollections.aspx

Back when I was in prep school and college in New England, they weren't available up there, but my stepmother's company sold them shipping boxes. So every so often she would send me cases (12 boxes of 12 packs) of them, straight off the production line. Absolutely incredibly fresh and couldn't be beat.

Edited by shooter27

Guy on the other team punched me and another guy on my team in the handshake line after our game last night, now I have a one game suspension.

Handshake line tough guys make me mental. Never been hit in the line, but I did have a guy last season pull his hand away at the last section and say "F you." The odd thing was it was a clean game and I had no idea what his deal was.

Guy on the other team punched me and another guy on my team in the handshake line after our game last night, now I have a one game suspension.

So you reacted, or got suspended for nothing?

So you reacted, or got suspended for nothing?

He came after me on my way back to the bench and I punched him before he could get his stick on me.

He got an instigator penalty but no fighting penalty. I was given a 2 and game for fighting. A 5 and game for fighting results in a 3 game suspension, there is no reference to what a 2 and game will get in our league rules. The other guy did hit five minors in the game and will be suspended for one game.

Yep...they have every flavor except Old Bay, even in the big bags. I wrote them and complained.

Jonesing for some more Old bay Chips?

You got some real winners that play in your league.. ;)

Got home last night. Just waiting for the results from the biopsy. Hoping for the best.

How was the checkup? hoping for the best!

You got some real winners that play in your league.. ;)

One of the teams from the division above us moved down and then added a couple more guys that belong at least a division or two up. Last season the league was pretty laid back.

Handshake line tough guys make me mental. Never been hit in the line, but I did have a guy last season pull his hand away at the last section and say "F you." The odd thing was it was a clean game and I had no idea what his deal was.

That and the guy who leaves his glove on. Sucks that guys just can't let it go once you hit the handshake line. As soon as the 3rd buzzer sounds everything should be left on the ice. I know you're still on the ice in the handshake line, but you get what I mean.

Just found out a team got moved up to the next division in our outdoor league in central park, means we are down to 7 teams and my team gets the bye this week. Since we didnt play last week cause of thanksgiving thats 2 weeks of no Friday night hockey in a row.

On the flip side, we're in the lowest level division, and word on the street is that this team had a few ex college guys on it, our last game was an overtime struggle to beat a team that these guys absolutely smoked, so its probably good that they got moved up.

I hate bye weeks.

IceWarehouse screwed up. So now I have to order from HockeyMonkey and just hope my new pads get here before the weekend. I also now have to pay shipping since HM isn't free shipping. *grumble*

Just found out a team got moved up to the next division in our outdoor league in central park, means we are down to 7 teams and my team gets the bye this week. Since we didnt play last week cause of thanksgiving thats 2 weeks of no Friday night hockey in a row.

On the flip side, we're in the lowest level division, and word on the street is that this team had a few ex college guys on it, our last game was an overtime struggle to beat a team that these guys absolutely smoked, so its probably good that they got moved up.

I hate bye weeks.

Yeah but you're playing outside in central park. That's pretty awesome.

Edited by number21

IceWarehouse screwed up. So now I have to order from HockeyMonkey and just hope my new pads get here before the weekend. I also now have to pay shipping since HM isn't free shipping. *grumble*

They wouldn't overnight it to make it right?

They wouldn't overnight it to make it right?

They don't have them in stock, apparently. Their shipping is free overnight anyway, so if they had them they would have just done that.

I haven't been up to HM or HG in a while, maybe I'll just drive up tomorrow. It's only about an hour away. Since I can't guarantee how long they will take to send me my shin pads. Sometimes HM is very fast, sometimes its a week. HG is brutally slow ever since they stopped shipping out of socal. Not to mention it wont be free shipping anymore. I've been working from home for a while, and really miss driving my car. :)

Edited by OptimusReim

They don't have them in stock, apparently. Their shipping is free overnight anyway, so if they had them they would have just done that.

I haven't been up to HM or HG in a while, maybe I'll just drive up tomorrow. It's only about an hour away. Since I can't guarantee how long they will take to send me my shin pads. Sometimes HM is very fast, sometimes its a week. HG is brutally slow ever since they stopped shipping out of socal. Not to mention it wont be free shipping anymore. I've been working from home for a while, and really miss driving my car. :)

so what happened in the end dude? i hope you got your stuff already

Poured about $200 into my car the weekend of thanksgiving. Basically 2 thirds my paycheck, on tires, breaks and a serpentine belt. Got some good deals, but still, spent a lot of money. (I think you can guess where this is going.

Car in front stopped abruptly. Car behind them hit the first car. I saw the whole thing, was following at a reasonable distance. Stepped on the break (didn't even slam) going probably 25 miles an hour, and started sliding immediately. Thought about serving into the right lane, but there was a car coming behind me, so all I could do was point it striaght and wait for impact. Hit the second car, busted my headlight, bent up my hood and probably my frame, and got a $95 ticket for following too closely, only because the whiny girl wanted to call the cops and make a report, even though I told her all that would happen is we'd both get tickets. (Michigan is a no-fault state, and the driver in the front had no damage so she just left.) Can't afford this crap.

My friend and adult hockey team mate's missing daughter and her cousin were found dead today. They were abducted back in July and with every day that passed the thought of a good outcome lessened. It's like they had fallen off the face of the Earth with no real leads at all. Hunters found what are likely their two bodies around lunch time today roughly 15 or 20 miles north-northwest of where they were taken. I hope that the police find out who did this and arrest them without releasing any names first. That way the person or persons will at least live out the rest of their miserable lives in prison before someone else evens the score. RIP Elizabeth and Lyric, our hearts ache.

So I get to the airport. I ask to get on an earlier flight. She says she has a spot, grabs my bag, and then hands me a new boarding pass - except its one of those "get your boarding pass from the gate" things. I go through security (which is easily the worst Ive ever seen. How the f*ck is SJC worse on a wednesday night is than IAD is on a Friday night??? And why the sh*t do they put families with kids in the first class security line?? So I'm stuck behind 3 families, plus a woman who has two carryon bags, a shopping bag, her purse, and then three bins full of her sh*t, who cant get the f*ck out of the way while shes putting her ridiculous boots back on so I have to wait for that too)

I finally get to the gate, and they hand me a C3 boarding pass. So wait, I paid extra for Business Select, I have A-List Preferred status, and you hand me C3?? "We dont have any more business select on this flight"... WTF? The numbers are completely f*cking arbitrary. Just let me board with the A1-15 people, and it's no issue. But nope.

So I walk away with my sh*t boarding pass. Then I notice that the flight is delayed 2 hours, and is now only 20 minutes before my original flight. So I go back and tell them I want back on my original flight. She gives me a lot of sh*t about it, and eventually I get handed an A7 boarding pass.

I really don't mind flying, until they f*ck things up like this.