Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Speaking of going home, I'm flying back home today after spending a week in Canada :(

So THAT'S the reason we've gotten so much snow...the Cali ex-Pat came home. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

So THAT'S the reason we've gotten so much snow...the Cali ex-Pat came home. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Want to swap climates for a couple months??

Well, it WAS nice to finally get to see some snow after all this time in SoCal. I swear I almost cried as we crossed back into the US though :(

Didn't help that I get pulled in by CBP every. single. time. because I have the same name as a 6'3 black man with a warrant.

Don't ever buy plumbing parts from Home Depot. $130+ to replace parts from there that failed within the last couple months.

I never got my stick from luggage today, coming home from NJ. :( Flew southwest and had to pay for an extra bag just cause this stick and now it gets lost! Hopefully it pops up, and I can (I know I can) will get refunded. Just bought it too!

Edited by roo94

I never got my stick from luggage today, coming home from NJ. :( Flew southwest and had to pay for an extra bag just cause this stick and now it gets lost! Hopefully it pops up, and I can (I know I can) will get refunded. Just bought it too!

Why did you pay extra for the stick? Southwest's policy is one hockey bag and one stick bag (or pair of sticks taped together) counts as a single checked item.

I guess it was a good idea that I brought a printout of their hockey bag policy with me to Winterfest, even if I didn't end up needing it.

Edited by OptimusReim

Why did you pay extra for the stick? Southwest's policy is one hockey bag and one stick bag (or pair of sticks taped together) counts as a single checked item.

I guess it was a good idea that I brought a printout of their hockey bag policy with me to Winterfest, even if I didn't end up needing it.

because I had 2 other bags, neither hockey equipment.

because I had 2 other bags, neither hockey equipment.

Ah, got it. I had read it as if you checked your hockey bag for free but had to pay extra for the stick. Sorry about that.

(Still going to keep bringing that printout with me when I travel - you never know when you might get a "green" SWA employee!)

A Utah Grizzlies player gave me two tickets to their game vs the Ontario Reign tonight. But here I am, still stuck at work :(

Edited by OptimusReim

Played a team that stooped to an all time low last night. I can deal with bringing in a ringer or two, but six?!?!? We played this team four times previously (2-2) and never have seen any one of the six guys they brought in. Pure BS. Game got chippy with them too. They had 17 players on the bench and ended up with 13 by the end of the game. We did get the last laugh though, our 10 man bench knocked them off 4-2... :cool:

With the start of the NHL season, I'll be stuck watching Carcillo and Bollig again.

Between suspensions and injuries, Carcillo will still miss a bunch of games.

I know, everyone is sick this time of year...so venting about a cold is kinda, well...whiny, to be honest....

I seem to have gotten past the worst of my symptoms in the past week....except for this ONE damn thing. I have the feeling that there is something lodged in my throat!!!!! My breathing is not impeded at all....I can't wash anything down, I can't bring anything up.

Surely it is just iritation from the amount of violent coughing I've done in the last 3-4 days, but holy hell....it is annoying!

/vent

I've reffed, coached or played on Superbowl Sunday more often than not. I think the local HS league is now off on SB Sunday.

Been dealing with food poisoning the last two days. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I get that about once every 12-18 months, worst thing I've ever had to deal with.