Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Most leagues learn pretty quickly that playing on Super Bowl Sunday is a bad idea.

Last season the director specifically made a note about Superbowl Sunday in the playoff schedule email. I was really surprised to see he didn't skip it this year. Pretty sure we won't field a team if he doesn't change it. - Haha.

We have a regular shinny/pickup Sunday night. Last year for Superbowl, he moved it to 3p. The lot across from the rink (which is free Sunday night after 6p) is NOT free Sunday afternoon at 2...but we didn't know that. I think there were 5 or 6 guys who came out to $70 tickets. I would have been one of them, but I didn't play that night...

Last day of work before vacation. Now, I may not make it home tonight thanks to the weather.

My wife was supposed to get home last night. Flight cancelled. Shes back at the airport just now.. flight already delayed. Feel bad for our cats at home with empty bowls (since I've been gone since Monday)

League kept our super bowl playoff sched. A lot of the guys showed... But we got the notoriously bad refs because they were the only ones willing to work. While I feel bad reffing isn't a real excuse....tonight was bad. Guys tossed from both teams because the officials didn't care. Blah.

Stuck in new jersey of all place. All month. FML.
You're welcome.
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_BcVg4A5Q

*shakes fist*

EDIT: Oh, there was a video there. Didnt show up in tapatalk.

Interesting show... but basically reinforces everything I thought about NJ before watching it :P

Edited by OptimusReim

If anything, it shows that good food can be found in the most unexpected of places.

There is a HockeyMonkey and a Pure Hockey over there as well.

There are a lot of states worse than New Jersey, I mean have you ever been to Ohio? I'm not overly fond of the place, but it gets a bad rap.

my car broke its rear wheel bearing on the highway this weekend after a mens league game, and the trooper gave me 4 tickets which add up to 400$ bucks in fines, and 5 points on my license!!!! :(

have to bury a friends little sister, (18 years old) because her car was hit from behind by as the police reported "showing signs of intoxication" he walked away without a scratch and she died when her car flipped off the side of the road...oh yeah and they are not charging him with anything

have to bury a friends little sister, (18 years old) because her car was hit from behind by as the police reported "showing signs of intoxication" he walked away without a scratch and she died when her car flipped off the side of the road...oh yeah and they are not charging him with anything

Was the other guy an off duty cop? That's the only way he would have avoided serious penalties here, and I'm not that far away.

4 hour Emergency room visit, $100 Co-Pay, & 3 stitches in my lip b/c some clown in Men's league can't keep his stick down. And I'll still have to make time & pay to get the stitches taken out.

Guess its time to go back to a cage.

4 hour Emergency room visit, $100 Co-Pay, & 3 stitches in my lip b/c some clown in Men's league can't keep his stick down. And I'll still have to make time & pay to get the stitches taken out.

Ah, good ol' American healthcare system! Could easily be the topic of a long post in this thread...

I have no idea, but every report is saying no charges being filed.

Not that far away?

Only a couple hours down the turnpike

For a cut that only needed 3 stitches. You could have saved yourself $50-$65 and those 4 hours by going thru Urgent Care instead of the ER.

my car broke its rear wheel bearing on the highway this weekend after a mens league game, and the trooper gave me 4 tickets which add up to 400$ bucks in fines, and 5 points on my license!!!! :(

I don't get how your car breaking down results in getting fined...