Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I don't get how your car breaking down results in getting fined...

Depending on the state and the highway, it can be a ticketable offense to be "parked" on the side of the highway. Also greatly depends on how big of a dick the cop feels like being at that moment in time.

• Like 1

4 hour Emergency room visit, $100 Co-Pay, & 3 stitches in my lip b/c some clown in Men's league can't keep his stick down. And I'll still have to make time & pay to get the stitches taken out.

Guess its time to go back to a cage.

Save yourself the follow up visit and take out the stiches yourself.

Save yourself the follow up visit and take out the stiches yourself.

There was no Urgent Care opened at 10 PM after my game, so ER it was Chippa. Plus I really went for the cut inside my mouth that I thought needed stitches & not so much the cut on my lip.

Monty, the Stitches were taken out by 'Dr. ME'

My new vent...getting used to playing with a full shield & getting chirped b/c I'm wearing a 'Fish Bowl'.

You can always ask for volunteers from the chirpers, so you can demonstrate the damage that can occur without full face protection.

Edited by wrangler

There was no Urgent Care opened at 10 PM after my game, so ER it was Chippa. Plus I really went for the cut inside my mouth that I thought needed stitches & not so much the cut on my lip.

Monty, the Stitches were taken out by 'Dr. ME'

My new vent...getting used to playing with a full shield & getting chirped b/c I'm wearing a 'Fish Bowl'.

You should get a Nemo sticker and stick it to the side of the sheild. Let them chirp all they want! talk is cheap. ER cost not so much

• Like 1

Not to mention potential dental bills and time off work.

This is why I put the cage back on. It wasn't even an issue of dealing with the pain. . .I can't afford the medical bills. After seeing two friends go through it I decided it wasn't worth it.

• Like 1

*%#$@(# pompous, self-important, bitch-ass figure skating coaches. It amazes me how so many of them can have their noses so far up in the air while being so damn willfully ignorant.

That was a bad call to not blow that down...but at the same time how many times are you told "play 'til you hear a whistle"??? No Whistle...but a bunch of Leafs stopped moving and the Habs didn't.

Same as the offside goal Duschene scored...he KNEW he was offside...but didn't hear a whistle...so he kept going.

That was a bad call to not blow that down...but at the same time how many times are you told "play 'til you hear a whistle"??? No Whistle...but a bunch of Leafs stopped moving and the Habs didn't.

Same as the offside goal Duschene scored...he KNEW he was offside...but didn't hear a whistle...so he kept going.

Oh no question. Bozak just stood there complaining as the goal was scored. Can't fault Montreal in any way for that play.

Fraser made some good commentary on it.

The integrity of the end zone face-off between Canadiens centre David Desharnais and Tyler Bozak of the Leafs was seriously compromised when the linesman dropped the puck without allowing Bozak to reset properly following some advance movement by both players. Once the puck was dropped unfairly, the linesman should have blown the whistle and exercised one of the following options:

1) Assume personal responsibility for dropping the puck prematurely when both players were not set with their sticks on the ice in the designated face-off markings following a false start by both players. The linesman would then touch his chest acknowledging it was "my bad" and allow both players to remain in the circle, reset and conduct a fair face-off.

2) After blowing the whistle to stop play as a result of the unfair face-off, the linesman could place the onus on Bozak for not having his stick down and on the marking, eject the Leafs centre and conduct a fair face-off once his replacement was properly set.

In the initial set up for this face-off, we saw Desharnais swing in hard on the first false attempt without the puck being dropped. The linesman demonstrated patience and good judgment I might add, to allow for a reset without ejecting Desharnais. Stick movement then resulted from both Desharnais and Bozak prior to the puck being dropped. Given the delay that can result from 'false starts', in this case two of them, the linesmen might have a tendency to want to get the puck down more quickly at this point to avoid further delay. As we saw Wednesday night, the integrity of the face-off was compromised and a goal resulted off the clean win of the draw by Desharnais with Bozak looking on as a spectator.

When a face-off is not conducted in a fair fashion, the very best course of action from the man in charge (the linesman) is to blow his whistle and stop play immediately. At that point, he can determine which option is the most appropriate.

Overall though, the number of players being thrown out of faceoff circles this year is becoming a bit absurd. If they'd just drop the puck the moment both players are set, there would be no issue. It's almost like they're toying with the players to see who will move first.

Oh no question. Bozak just stood there complaining as the goal was scored. Can't fault Montreal in any way for that play.

Fraser made some good commentary on it.Overall though, the number of players being thrown out of faceoff circles this year is becoming a bit absurd. If they'd just drop the puck the moment both players are set, there would be no issue. It's almost like they're toying with the players to see who will move first.

If you need to blame someone, blame the players. You have a lot of guys that take absolutely forever to get set for the faceoff and then jump immediately if the puck isn't dropped the instant that they want it. The vast majority of linesmen drop the puck quickly and fairly, something that isn't easy when both players are doing their best to make sure that they get an advantage on every faceoff.

Sociology sucks! Just saying. Too many terms to memorize and not enough time... Taking some online courses to finish off my Bachelor degree and this really is my first snag. Give me statistics, physics, trig and I'll fly right through. But asking me to remember the functionalist perspective regarding deviance, F-that... :wacko:

Sociology sucks! Just saying. Too many terms to memorize and not enough time... Taking some online courses to finish off my Bachelor degree and this really is my first snag. Give me statistics, physics, trig and I'll fly right through. But asking me to remember the functionalist perspective regarding deviance, F-that... :wacko:

I had to take a sociology class once. It was terrible. I didn't mind psychology so much, but sociology was absolutely painful.

Glad I didn't bother with school for long :)

I had to take a sociology class once. It was terrible. I didn't mind psychology so much, but sociology was absolutely painful.

Glad I didn't bother with school for long :)

Hey, I resemble that remark. I majored in Sociology...

Hey, I resemble that remark. I majored in Sociology...

I'm sorry :)

I was actually going for an EET degree. I worked at a university and got free tuition for 2 classes per semester. It just wasn't worth the time and effort for a "for fun" degree that had no real use for me. Sure let me come home everyday from my career job to do hours of homework for something that im only taking because its free. Hells. No.

That didn't last long :)

So is my pay cheque :ohmy:

Oh, youre in ON? Which school did you go to? I was at Georgian for 3 years (this isnt the experience I mentioned above, I actually finished the Georgian program).

Screwing up my shoulder rolling over in bed. First, I'm biting the inside of my mouth all the time and now this. I guess sleeping and eating are just too complicated.

Edited by chippa13