Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Glad they caught it. Those procedures are fairly routine these days. At least it sounds like his cath lab experience went better than mine. Catheter turned a 99% blocked artery into 100%, heart stopped, got the paddles and a brand new shiny stent on the spot.

He has 3 previous stents. This cath showed 1 artery 100%, 2 at 90ish%. He's on bypass right now as of the last update and they are working on the heart now.

My biggest worry is his ability to make it through and recover recover. About 7 years ago he had an accident crushing his c-5 and c-6 (broken neck) leaving him a quadriplegic (incomplete), with Limited strength and paralysis in all limbs.

Edit: good news, he's off bypass now.

Edited by Race4LastPlace

That will definitely make rehabilitation difficult but those folks can come up with all kinds of strange ways to get the heart going and back to normal. Good luck.

Broken plane, not going to get home today. Hard to complain about an extra day in Aruba though. Beautiful sunset earlier and 82 degrees right now.

Damnit! My sympathies go out to you you sonofabitch.

He has 3 previous stents. This cath showed 1 artery 100%, 2 at 90ish%. He's on bypass right now as of the last update and they are working on the heart now.

My biggest worry is his ability to make it through and recover recover. About 7 years ago he had an accident crushing his c-5 and c-6 (broken neck) leaving him a quadriplegic (incomplete), with Limited strength and paralysis in all limbs.

Edit: good news, he's off bypass now.

we're all pulling for him/you.

Damnit! My sympathies go out to you you sonofabitch.

We managed to suffer through a bottle of wine and Italian dinner on the beach after playing with the Flamingos.

Had my head down in my rec league last night and got rocked. The thing is...it's a non-contact league. So the guy went to the box and felt shame (probably not the shame part) and I have a bit of a sore neck this morning. He hit me pretty high which was the part that made me mad. We were up 4-1 in the third and had spent 80% of the game in their zone. I know the hit was out of frustration, but still....you don't hit that high.

Had my head down in my rec league last night and got rocked. The thing is...it's a non-contact league. So the guy went to the box and felt shame (probably not the shame part) and I have a bit of a sore neck this morning. He hit me pretty high which was the part that made me mad. We were up 4-1 in the third and had spent 80% of the game in their zone. I know the hit was out of frustration, but still....you don't hit that high.

There was no shame on that one Seany. Him and their entire bench were complaining that it was a legal hit. Puck was behind both of you and he had no intention of playing the puck, he was headhunting. Feel better for tonight my friend.

We had a similar problem in our tournament this weekend. One of the guys was running around hitting guys hard in the game this morning.

Woke up to a swimming pool in my kitchen. Found out the water valve for the fridge water/icemaker cracked at some point yesterday/last night. Got it closed but it's still leaking so I will be replacing it today. The surrounding dry wall is toast as well so I'm going to have to figure out to best replace it. Hooray Monday!

Called up my old teammate when I was a teen to tell him I was moving to MI, and we started to talk. He told me he was getting a motorcycle because "his mother didn't have to worry anymore." And I was like "Why won't she worry now?"

Turned out she died in February. I knew she was sick (lung cancer) but didn't know she actually passed. He announced it on Facebook. And what's even worse is that the next day he posted some old pics on Facebook and I commented about how hot she was.

• Like 1

Got our middle school team's new jerseys approved by the school boosters. So I asked what the next step was, and I was directed to the treasurer who told me they had no money at this point to buy any new jerseys! Huh? How was it approved then? Arrrrrg!

Back in february my father passed away 3 days before I was supposed to ship out for boot camp. Got a two month extension on my contract and instead of spending it enjoying the time I had left, me and my brother have been stuck in a legal battle with my mother for the life insurance. Something a 19 and a 21 year old aren't very knowledgable in. All of this just a few months after the hurricane destroyed most of my house.

I want some pizza but have started a diet!!! >:-(

Better off making lifestyle changes than dieting. You'll see slower results but they will last and you won't be depriving yourself of things, which is why most folks put on more than they take off once the diet ends.

• Like 2

Better off making lifestyle changes than dieting. You'll see slower results but they will last and you won't be depriving yourself of things, which is why most folks put on more than they take off once the diet ends.

+1

Cut back on portions. Don't necessarily deprive yourself of the "bad" foods.

+1

Cut back on portions. Don't necessarily deprive yourself of the "bad" foods.

That's the biggest thing for me. Unfortunately, with my schedule, I often have 10+ hours between meals and the times change from day to day. Hopefully I can find a normal 9-5 type gig again in the near future.

Try to find a way to snack during those long stretches. Healthy nuts are a good option since they are filling and will give you some good fat and protein.

Thats more what I meant. "diet" is just a shorter way to say it :P

We're still going to have "bad" foods, but not every day like we have been doing. At this point it's more that we're trying to get into the habit of cooking at home, so that's why I didn't order pizza - not because its unhealthy. Trying to establish a routine.

We're both horribly overweight, and both of us didn't used to be growing up. Both of our dads have had heart problems. Time to turn this around before we die at 50.

That's the biggest thing for me. Unfortunately, with my schedule, I often have 10+ hours between meals and the times change from day to day. Hopefully I can find a normal 9-5 type gig again in the near future.

Its a challenge. packing your meals including a snack helps out too.

Try to find a way to snack during those long stretches. Healthy nuts are a good option since they are filling and will give you some good fat and protein.

Agreed. have a snack on had between meals helps. I usually have oranges, apples and bananas on hand.

Thats more what I meant. "diet" is just a shorter way to say it :P

We're still going to have "bad" foods, but not every day like we have been doing. At this point it's more that we're trying to get into the habit of cooking at home, so that's why I didn't order pizza - not because its unhealthy. Trying to establish a routine.

We're both horribly overweight, and both of us didn't used to be growing up. Both of our dads have had heart problems. Time to turn this around before we die at 50.

The difficult thing for professionals is to immediately run off and buy convenience foods like MickeyD's, Pizza, hot dogs. Cooking at home helps. Good luck!

The difficult thing for professionals is to immediately run off and buy convenience foods like MickeyD's, Pizza, hot dogs. Cooking at home helps. Good luck!

Thats the absolute hardest part for me since I'm either at home or in another city at a client site. When I'm on the road its VERY difficult to eat right. I'm on what I think might be a long term engagement that is all remote, though. Hoping to establish some semblance of a routine during this.

If it is long term, try to set it up so that you at least have a fridge where they put you up. Then you can at the least make lunches with wheat bread and thin & trim cold cuts and you can have healthier snacks for down time. Dining out is always a little tougher but words to avoid on menus are "fried", "crispy" and the like. Stick with sauteed (request olive oil instead of butter) or grilled. Skip fries and get rice for a side, wild rice or brown rice is even better. If there is a vegetable side, ask for it plain as most restaurants will steam a vegetable and then douse it with butter and/or a salty seasoning. Start every dining out meal with a salad with an oil based dressing (creamy dressings are a killer, even "lite" which usually means less fat but more salt/sugar for flavor). This will fill your stomach some and will keep you from killing the entire over-portion in one sitting.

I could go on but I don't want to sound too preachy or know-it-all-ish. Having gone through a nutritionist during cardiac rehab, I learned a lot on how to eat better without suffering in the process.

If it is long term, try to set it up so that you at least have a fridge where they put you up. Then you can at the least make lunches with wheat bread and thin & trim cold cuts and you can have healthier snacks for down time. Dining out is always a little tougher but words to avoid on menus are "fried", "crispy" and the like. Stick with sauteed (request olive oil instead of butter) or grilled. Skip fries and get rice for a side, wild rice or brown rice is even better. If there is a vegetable side, ask for it plain as most restaurants will steam a vegetable and then douse it with butter and/or a salty seasoning. Start every dining out meal with a salad with an oil based dressing (creamy dressings are a killer, even "lite" which usually means less fat but more salt/sugar for flavor). This will fill your stomach some and will keep you from killing the entire over-portion in one sitting.

I could go on but I don't want to sound too preachy or know-it-all-ish. Having gone through a nutritionist during cardiac rehab, I learned a lot on how to eat better without suffering in the process.

I agree, I generally aim to find a hotel with a fridge and microwave. Or even better, a stovetop (Hyatt House is my preferred hotel).

Then I hit a grocery store or at worst a target and get food for the week.

Generally though my first night in a hotel is pizza just because I get in so late, but I try to make up for it the rest of the week.

Its a challenge. packing your meals including a snack helps out too.

I've tried but it doesn't work well without refrigeration, especially coming into summer.

I have tried that, but it doesn't really work well. I can actually be fired for eating.

This show from BBC is actually pretty good, Truth about Food, several episodes.

Try watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClU49zn4GG0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/truthaboutfood/

F'ed up my initial post, so this will have to do.