Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

My mom's stuck in the hospital again, this time because after her dermatologist removed a "thing" (her words) on her scalp (on Monday), it wouldn't stop bleeding. The derm sorted it and they're keeping her in the hospital for observation, because her red cell count was low. But really, why do things keep going all pear shaped? :facepalm: At least it's just for the night.

So, I'm walking across the lot at lunch and there is a charity BBQ event at the bank. One of our stations is set up and I see Brusier, the mascot from the Bulldogs. I haven't seen 'Brusier' since the season ended. I wave and I was pretty sure he saw he...gave me a thumbs up!

Now...he wasn't wearing the "normal" Bruiser suit that is very easy to get around in....he was in the 8' inflatable version....so when he came bounding over my way...I said "Hey Bruiser" and stuck out my hand for the customary mascot highfive! Well....he must have been happy to see me, because he threw a massive hug on me that knocked my glasses off and bent the shit out of one arm. When I went to straighten it....it snapped!

Not being able to break character...he just kinda took off and we went on our ways. I texted him later and he felt pretty bad about it.

Funny story...not really a vent, but while I had been planning to get an eye exam and new glasses...It wasn't in my immediate plans. It's now part of my day off plans Monday!

Looking at the bright side, glad it was your glasses that snapped and not your arm.

It took me a bit to figure that out, never having heard "arm" used that way before.

So annoyed right now. My mortgage is with Bank X. Bank Y was offering a cash back incentive to move a mortgage. In theory, the cash they give you will cover any penalties/fees (which were calculated at roughly $1200-1500 between the 2 banks) associated with breaking the current mortgage, and in most cases leaves you a little bit left over.

So...I needed just over $107,000 (fees included) for my existing mortgage, and I want to do some work at the house, so I add another $5k to the new mortgage ($112k total). The $2200 cash back from the promo gives me just over $7k for the work and fees, and leaves me some extra.

Well...the pay out to Bank X was more than I expected and there must be a BANK Y fee or something I was not made aware of when I/we did the math....because out of the $5k I added....I am left with only $1980, and the work ended up totally $5800. (I've already have the work done/paid for). So, even with the $2200 promo cash, I not only don't get to have a little bit left for myself...but my L.O.C is stuck with the difference...which means (drum roll please)...I'm actually paying for at least part of the work on the house TWICE. Once on the mortgage, and once on the L.O.C.

Have a meeting with them today to see exactly where the pay out numbers differed from what we talked about...but he knew going in what I needed to do the work. So if the fees weren't going to leave me enough I should have been "Advised" better by this so called Financial Advisor.

I kinda expect to get ripped by someone for not having all my math correct, but that's why dumb radio guys go to banking professionals for this stuff...we no damn good at math.

/vent

It sounds like the "advisor" dropped the ball when helping you plan. I put it in quotes because sometimes these advisors are just folks who took a night class and passed a simple exam. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't have that much in escrow with Bank X which would have been your's when breaking the mortgage and so when Bank Y was looking for the money that they required in escrow they just yanked it out of the excess of your loan since you weren't cutting a check.

3 meetings...2.5 hours, but I think it's all sorted out.

An overpayment to Bank X (I'm recovering that amount)...a tax account created at Bank Y using my mortgage money (I'm recovering some of that...they still have to make a property tax payment next month) **not sure if they do this in the States, but up here, the bank can manage/pay your city taxes for you.**

When all is said and done, every cent of the $5k is accounted for. Now...I did still over spend on the work by close to a Grand...that's on me...and I didn't fully understand the way the taxes were going to be worked out...Chalk that up to poor 'advising'...in hind sight $113k is what I should have gotten.

It is similar down here with property taxes. That is the escrow amount I was referring to. Part of my "mortgage" payment each month includes an amount that is held in escrow to pay property taxes.

ahhh...never really understood what "Escrow" meant. I don't believe we use the term here. At least not in any financial dealings I've ever had.

Escrow is basically when a third party holds your money to make sure that you will pay something (to someone else). Based on the terms of the escrow agreement, this third party can make payouts of whatever's due. Chris's example is the situation where most folks encounter escrow. You make a house payment, typically PITI (Principal, Interest, Taxes, Insurance), and the amount that doesn't go toward the loan goes into an "escrow" account, with payouts for taxes and insurance when they come due.

Escrow can also be used to hold documents along with funds, waiting for events or contingencies before passing along the docs and cash to complete a transaction.

Pretty bummed out tat i get a free pair of RBZ skates to demo for a few weeks and in the first period a guy kicks me, straight up Kicks me and as i fall i grab him he goes for another kick and i land with my hip on his skate, screwed up the last three weeks for me. I tried skating on the skates a week later when i was feeling a little better and just couldn't.

So bummed how the heel felt like just a big hole that my heel just bounced around inside of, hey i got to try them though, that was kinda cool

Sprained my ankle at work last night and spent three hours at the doctor today. Just faxed the paperwork to my boss, I wonder who checks the fax on the weekends.

Jack was it a USA hockey sanctioned game or just pick up? Every kicking incident that I've witnessed over the years resulted in a pretty lengthy suspension.

Was on a department/team building offsite trip this week. Spent time having meetings and then played an 18-hole course. I've golfed maybe three times in my life and had to borrow a buddies clubs. Of course....the driver breaks. I didn't drive into the ground or hit it on anything. I'm not sure how it broke at all. So now I have to get it fixed and pretty sure I will not get reimbursed. Bummer.

It is similar down here with property taxes. That is the escrow amount I was referring to. Part of my "mortgage" payment each month includes an amount that is held in escrow to pay property taxes.

Taxes ... mortgages ... banksters ... politrixians ... "Give me liberty, or give me death." - Patrick Henry

I pulled into the garage after last nights game, I head a thud as I pull in, the garage light is out so I didn't know what it way. Result....my golf bag fell over and I ran over my driver and 3 wood. I haven't play in 3 months, at that time I hit so many bad drives I decided I hated golf. You think this is the clubs getting revenge????? As now I can't sell them!!!!!!!

Same old story. Summer beer league championship game against a team who all of a sudden has 7 or 8, 23/24 year old studs playing for them that we've never seen before... :dry:

I'm still baffled every time I see a post like this. Our league rosters are cemented on the last day of registration. There is very little wiggle room and you cannot add anyone past the 2nd week/game of the season. There are the exceptions that end up being made, but it's never like what you've mentioned.