Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I spent the last week in the hospital after having a PCT procedure with two drainage tubes in. Then on Wednesday when they went back in to upsize the tubes. Easily one of the most painful things I've gone through.

I get to keep those in for three weeks. Then they will put in even larger ones. If I go by how these have felt It should be a wonderful spring. At least the Oxycodone is starting to work.

Hang in there, Steve.
  • Like 2

Had to do a Pete Townshend on my veggie steamer- new fangled crap electronic timer would not cooperate, so I swung it by the cord and smashed it on the concrete. Much less expensive than doing it to a Les Paul. Got out a bit of frustration; maybe this should be on the Sweet Spot thread... ;)

Had to do a Pete Townshend on my veggie steamer- new fangled crap electronic timer would not cooperate, so I swung it by the cord and smashed it on the concrete. Much less expensive than doing it to a Les Paul. Got out a bit of frustration; maybe this should be on the Sweet Spot thread... ;)

You seem to have some issues that need working on.

• Like 2

Guys, everyone has their opinions, and this is a venting thread. Speak your mind, and I dont really worry about the criticism, unless it becomes racist then thats a different matter altogether.

And just to clarify that the sun in Australia is very harsh. My family is asian, so we dont really sunburn easily, but when you I've known so many who have had melanoma it gets you thinking.

- he didnt pack the sunscreen because he's a procrastinator. He keeps saying that he'll do it, but forgot to do it even with constant and numerous reminders

- he knew it was going to be a really hot day, and he was going to be playing 3 games in a venue we've never been to before. It wasnt blazing hot, but hot enough for every other family to be in the shade

- we explained to the coach who was fully supportive. He said he would have done the same to his own son, otherwise discipline just goes out the window.

Fast forward to this week, sunscreen is perpetually in the bag. He knows that if he forgets it again he will have to bear the consequences.

• Like 6

my two cents, not that anyone asked for them but.... if you say that a kid has to do something or something bad will happen, you have to follow through. If you don't follow through, you lose credibility. However, my parents often sprung negative surprises on me and I ended up resenting them for it for a very long time. If you are going to withhold something, they should at least have a heads up about it. Something like "if you want to do X, you better do Y" seems like fair warning to me.

Now for my petty vent: damn is it cold. If I complain about the heat this summer, I authorize anyone on this site to give me a good kick in the pants.

• Like 1

Now for my petty vent: damn is it cold. If I complain about the heat this summer, I authorize anyone on this site to give me a good kick in the pants.

We had to turn on the A/C this past weekend :P

my two cents, not that anyone asked for them but.... if you say that a kid has to do something or something bad will happen, you have to follow through. If you don't follow through, you lose credibility. However, my parents often sprung negative surprises on me and I ended up resenting them for it for a very long time. If you are going to withhold something, they should at least have a heads up about it. Something like "if you want to do X, you better do Y" seems like fair warning to me.

Not just credibility, but security and trust, too.

They were supposed to make a decision on the job I want by today, hoping the contract negotiations with the union conflicted and they were not able to make a decision yet.

Bought my first gaming headset for my xbox. Got it home, and it doesn't work. That's what I get for even trying.

What brand did you buy? If it wasn't Turtle Beach you made a mistake.

Bought my first gaming headset for my xbox. Got it home, and it doesn't work. That's what I get for even trying.

What brand did you buy? If it wasn't Turtle Beach you made a mistake.

It was. I know nothing and it was on a whim because I was bored, so I just grabbed the cheapest ones that were wireless with the big ear cups. X42 or something. About $150.

While trying to figure out how to connect them (my xbox360 doesn't have SPDIF so I had to order an HDMI splitter online) I realized the transmitter wasn't powering on via the USB port on the xbox. Dunno why.

But since the adapter arrived in the mail yesterday I guess I'll be trying to exchange these.

20 hours into my 24th birthday, no happy birthday text or message or anything from my "best friend...." pretty crappy feeling. Guess I know where I stand when it comes to me and her boyfriend...

Edited by EBondo

Thanks man, but quite a different setup for me. I only have HDMI on my Xbox E. No big deal, I got this adapter Turtle Beach sells: http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517528

But have to exchange the headphones themselves because the transmitter is damaged.

New rant:

Going to have to find a new team... Again. This is the 3rd team in 3 years that has decided to move up a division. Getting kind of tired of it, to be honest. I guess Ill be sending my new team-colored pants back...

Edited by OptimusReim

20 hours into my 24th birthday, no happy birthday text or message or anything from my "best friend...." pretty crappy feeling. Guess I know where I stand when it comes to me and her boyfriend...

Sounds like you're friendzoned.

Don't overthink it. Having a great birthday is up to YOU. Did you do anything fun?

New rant:

Going to have to find a new team... Again. This is the 3rd team in 3 years that has decided to move up a division. Getting kind of tired of it, to be honest. I guess Ill be sending my new team-colored pants back...

You must be a great catalyst! ;)

My buddy sprained his knee/ankle a few weeks ago and since he can't skate/drive, and I can't drive/don't own a car, neither of us is playing, and he's going stir crazy.

I at least have the option of (for the late game) taking the train and walking, and a taxi home from the train station, but don't really feel like paying almost $30 to play a game I already paid for in the first place.

Cruddy situation for all concerned.

Edited by badger_14

Fumbled a pass in front of an empty net with ten seconds left. A goal would have earned us .5 a point in the playoff total. (1 point per period, 2 for the win, total 5 per game). We had tied the 1st, won the second, and tied the third. Won the game by a goal for 4 points.

I have the worst luck with women. Like THE WORST luck. I can never catch a break. I've never been in a relationship of any kind and I'm beyond frustrated. Why me? What did I do? Am I not a good person? Ugh.

Ok, I'm done.