Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM U+ Reloaded

Skate Dimensions:

Left skate: 8.5C/AA

Right Skate: 8 1/4 C/AA

Previous skates: NBH One 95's size 8.5C

First Impressions:

Having worn previous CCM skate models, I somewhat had an idea of what kind of fit to expect from these skates. The skates look really clean, some vibrant colors and definitely a big upgrade from the old U+ model. The actual look of the skate really doesn't have an impact on me. Seems like CCM really took pride into improving this skate.

Fit:

Well these skates sure fit a hell of a lot narrower then my Bauer's thats for sure. I also noticed that my heel locks in very well inside the skate without any slippage what so ever. The forefoot area is nice a narrow, perfect for my foot, and the arch support is also perfect. The toe cap is not as roomy as let say a pair of Bauer skates but does have enough room for some play, and didn't seem to cause any pain what so ever. Oh and by the way, I haven't gotten these baked yet, but I will add another post after the baking.

Protection:

Judging from their out of the box stiffness, I would say I cant see why these skate cant take a slap shot, but then again I haven't used them yet, and will update after my first skate.

Performance:

I haven't used them yet, will update ASAP after my first skate on Tuesday night.

I got the skates baked at Source for Sports yesterday, and WOW, what a difference. My heel sits perfect, not that it didn't before but it helped a lot. My forefoot area is where the skates were snugger, and after the baked, no more pain what so ever. Overall, the baked did it job and the skates fit and feel wonder full.

Alright I skated in them tonight for the first time. I wore them for a full 2hr practice and i had no pain what so ever in any area of my foot. And I have to say what an improvement CCM has made since the old vector line. The last vector skates i had used were the old pro's. And these skates basically skate for me. I didn't get them profiled yet, and i found them to be pitched forward compared to my Bauer's, which is to be expected. Once i get them profiled i will update you guys and let you know how they go. It also seemed like these skates were higher cut then my One95's which is odd, but that might be because i tied them up all the way to the top but that's personal preference.

I will use them tomorrow with a new profile and let you guys know how everything goes.

I used the skates this whole week with an F11 profile, and im really starting to get a good feel for them. I noticed that when I don't do up the top eyelid I have much more control of my feet, which is really good.

But on the other hand I experienced some numbness on the outside of my feet, say mid foot area, during my Tuesday and Wednesday practice but tonight it felt OK, so im guessing its just the fact that i may have had tied them a little tighter.

Im going to use them for the first time during a game on the weekend and i will keep you's guys updated.

Alright so i used the skates for a 2 whole weeks of practice and a three complete games, and I have to say that i don't know if these skates are good luck, but I got 8 pts on Friday night and i got another 2 on Saturday and 3 on Wednesday night. Guess its my lucky week lol.

I have noticed one thing up till now that may cause a problem in the long run. I have noticed that it seems like im getting some heel slippage in my left skate (size 8.5). I had to tie the skates a bit loser throughout my games a practices because my feet got numb. Again i like my skates really tight so I cant really tell if its the skates causing this pain or me tightening them too tight at this point. But when i tied them looser, my heel was slipping and cause some kind of pinching sensation of the back of my heel. Kind of like when you have a wood splinter in your shoe. Now this happened only started happening last week, so im going to use them tomorrow at my game and ill let you know if this pinching is still around.

I'm also quite pleased with the stiffness of the skate boots and the holders. Coming from a One95 boot, they have some big shoes to fill and i am really impressed. and also coming from TUUK lightspeeds, i noticed that these feel alot stiffer, which is great for a big guy like me. And these skate blades (Proformance) are simply flawless, they keep a nice edge for a long time and i usually have to sharpen them once or twice a week, which is a big improvement, from after each ice session, which is usually 4-5 times a week.

I will update you guys sometimes next week to let you know how this pinching sensation is going, and if my feet are still getting numb.

I have used the skate for a full 2 weeks we'll say. And i have absolutely fell in love with them. The pinching pain is now gone, they just fit perfect. I really like the felt tongues, its a big step up from the paper thin Reebok's I had before, and certainly a step up from the One95 tongues also. I took two massive slap shot's right off the top of the skates, felt a little something obviously, but within 10 seconds the pain was gone. And i also took a huge one off the side of the skate it actually but a little dent'ish nick on the side of the skate and again i didn't feel a thing. Once again still on a point streak, i have 12 pts in my last 4 games. I have no issues right now or premature breakdown and i honestly cant see anything happening soon. We have a few practices this week and no games on the weekend. We have a three game roady in two weekends from now. That probably gonna be their first torture test as far a drying time, and how well they hold up from three games of abuse. Will update you guys then. Cheers

Used the skate for another week, simply flawless. Not complaints what so ever. I let another one of my team mates use the skates because he wanted to try them out and he loves them, they were a little big for him but im sure you get the idea. He loved how the skates felt aggressive on the ice, and the way they had a responsive feel on the ice.

On another note, I cut my fingers up pretty good at work with an Olfa knife, wont be posting for a little bit, maybe a week or so without any hockey so it can heel up.

Sorry for the delay,

I haven't played hockey in a very long time due to a broken hand. The exact game that I made a comeback after I cut fingers, I broke my hand blocking a slap shot.

Anyways, today was my first day back my hand isn't 100% but that does not affect my skating abilities. The skates started giving me a massive pain inside my arch that i cant possibly describe. I honestly have no idea where this came from but it got so bad i got off the ice. I'm guessing its just from being off the ice for such a long time. I'm practicing again on Tuesday, and will let you guys know if everything's alright.

Turns out my hand took me out of hockey until the final round of playoffs. They had to re operate on it because it did not heal properly, which ended up taking me out of hockey for almost 3 months. After a few practices, and some skate and puck session, I resumed play in my first game back on April 5 for the final round, with a standing ovation from the fans, and a spectacular 4 point night. We wound up taking the series in seven games with a 10-2 win in game seven.

As for the slates, I got to play hockey none stop for 3 weeks straight after my return, they hurt somewhat at first from my feet not being used to a hockey skate, but after one game and a few practices they felt great, no pains, blisters or pinched nerves of some sort. Now I used these all year and will say that these skates still look brand new, if I could find the uploading cord for the digital camera I'd take some pictures. I had random outbursts of pain once in a while throughout the year, but that has nothing to do with the skate.

To conclude my season with these skates, I'd like to say CCM has really taken a step forward with this skate, but like anything else, there's always room for improvement, but for me they're just fine. Great skate, tremendous performance, and protection, too bad for my hand, but in all I would definitely buy another pair when these will get nice and worn out. I will be posting back next year at training camp, because all the ice is gone now in town which makes it impossible to skate.

Thanks, Top