Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slacker76

Penguins 2009-2010

Tonight was definitely the first game the played well and lost. So many chances that weren't finished. That goal that ended up the game winner was such a back breaker at the end of the period.

Shots from the point seemed to have a lot of success last night in Anahiem. A

lso did anyone see Crosby "stack the pads" in the crease to make a save. Even the Crosby haters had to smile at that.

That play and the play Staal made on Ryan in the second were great. I got a little worried those last few minutes, lots of running around in their own zone.

Anyone think that the majority of the Pens injuries this season are due to the short summer break? Also do you think that with players out for extended periods of time it will actually be a help during the later months of the season or will the injuries continue to linger the rest of the year?

Anyone think that the majority of the Pens injuries this season are due to the short summer break?

Absolutely no way to know if this is the case. Talbot's was an injury from last year, Letang's from getting hit on a play, Gonchar's was an acute wrist thing, etc. None really seem to be overuse or injuries due to lack of recovery.

Also do you think that with players out for extended periods of time it will actually be a help during the later months of the season or will the injuries continue to linger the rest of the year?

Can't tell how injuries will heal unless you are the doc.

Well looks like they'll be adding Orpik to the list of walking wounded.

As for the injuries from the shortened off season, I was thinking more about Malkin and Kennedy.

After last nights game, Im getting very frustrated with the team. But I dont know how I can blame them when every single game a player is getting injured. I think half of the D is gone as of last night. As for the new arena, being from Pittsburgh I am very happy that its here and we can get rid of the old dump. Yes there have been good times in Mellon Arena, yes we won 3 cups there, but a spectacular new team needs a spectacular new arena.

Well looks like they'll be adding Orpik to the list of walking wounded.

As for the injuries from the shortened off season, I was thinking more about Malkin and Kennedy.

Yeah, still no way to tell, lots of guys with groin and shoulder issues who didn't make the playoffs.

We will see if the "closed door" team meeting will change the current losing streak. Good news for Pens fans is that Malkin and Talbot are no longer wearing the red no contact jerseys in practice so their return should be soon. It was reported Malkin possibly next game, Talbot within next 10 days.

So that's the whole starting D then

They probably made Eaton leave practice early, wrapped him in bubble wrap and drove him home in an armoured car. :lol:

Stanley Cup Champs D Core: Gonchar/Orpik/GoGo/Eaton/Letang/Gill/Scuderi they're all injured...

Can't wait to see how Skoula who has the most NHL games under his belt (pending gonch's return) does with all the young buckaroos on D tonight.

Eaton ended up being OK, but they called Lee up to be safe.

Gonchar and Talbot tonight. Orpik is questionable for Saturday.

Chatted briefly with the Ol 2-9er today at Pens practice. Letang is out 2-3weeks. Orpik needed stitches to close a cut during practice and didn't return. He looked fine later on in streetclothes. Bourque crashed into the boards pretty good, he was fine but is probably sore as hell right now.

DSC00154.jpg

GodardJrr.jpg

Dear Matt Cooke,

Please stop taking runs and throwing knees at players only to tuck your tail between your legs and act like your gloves are sewn on and then the next game drop them with Ilya Kovalchuk and act like you're some kind of bad ass for pummeling him after you pulled his jersey over his head. You look like a douche and you're embarassing yourself. KTHXBYE

Sincerely,

Pens fan concerned with you making a joke of yourself around the league

*Correction* After watching a better video, congratulations on getting pummeled by Ilya Kovalchuk.... Even better

they actually LET you in the IceForum while the Pens were practicing???? I'm shocked! quite a change from Crosby's rookie year......

*Correction* After watching a better video, congratulations on getting pummeled by Ilya Kovalchuk.... Even better

where did you see this video? the only one I saw had Cooke getting better shots in during the fight. I never did see what started the whole thing off.

Kovalchuk punched Cooke's helmet a bunch of times, got his jersey pulled over his head, that's about it.

Cookie got in a good punch or two but I don't know if there was a winner or a loser of this one. at least now, looking at this video I understand why Kovy went at him:

of course i didnt mind. i am a penguins fan. but i didnt know that even getting hit you need to control your stick, which is a little odd in certain situations.