Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mafia Line

Fantasy Hockey Discussion

Hey boys I'm in a league with 9 other guys on my team. I'm mulling a trade offer that I can't decide if I want to do.

who gets the better end of this trade?

Eric Staal and Dustin Penner for Jonathan Toews and Mike Cammalari. Just keep in mind, Staal will be out for a month and Toews has been out for a while and coming back in a few days to a week.

Only problem about picking up Staal is that he's gonna be out for a while and I just sat through spezza and Toews injuries and I still have D. Sedin on IR. I'm 8th and can't wait through anymore injuries.

firstly, you're in a ten team league. there's way too many great players in FA to be trading injured guys.

secondly, you know who he really wants is cammalleri, so forget about toews and staal, and counter him with cammalleri for penner straight up. staal is going to be out for a few weeks and toews is skating, so he'll be back in a few games... not that he was on any kind of hot streak or anything to begin with. i dropped him as soon as mitchell laid him out and replaced him with stamkos. revisit that proposal in december.

Stamkos was a FA in your league? Trust me all the halfway decent guys are taken in my league plus I initiated the trade in the hopes of picking up Eric Staal and after a week of back and forth this is where we got. I started talking about Staal because I saw Sean Allen had listed a few slow starters that were gonna turn it up and I can get on the cheap. That was like the day before his injury. Thats the only thing stopping me. If he wasn't injured I'd take that trade in a second.

stamkos was available, to my surprise. if your lineups are the standard (2c, 2lw, 2rw, 4d, 4b, 2g), thats only 160 players drafted, and there should be some diamonds in the FA pool.

in one of my pools, kovalev is the highest ranked player available that isnt on IR (on waivers til tomorrow) and on my other one, its ray whitney

16 teams is where its at! Soo much harder (mind you I'm getting killed!) haha.

That takes a little luck and a quick trigger on guys that you think are going to be hot.

exactly..the one dude is killing it with like matt moulson and all these scrubs. i can't catch a break haha. I think I'ma start bein more aggressive on the moves, he's got like 40

holy crap. I finally get Hossa Lucic and Gonchar back.. only to realize.. Goligoski, Kronwall , Kunitz, Havlat, Fisher, and Kovalev are all not playing currently. I mean I drafted Hossa knowing he was hurt and grabbed Kunitz when he got hurt.. but dang. lol.

My injuries have been ridiculous.. with David Jones going down for 4-6 months the list of people I've had hurt this year is getting pretty long..

Hossa (Drafted him so I knew that was coming)

Lucic (Finger, came back played a few games, now knee)

Gonchar (missed several weeks with broken wrist)

Havlat (groin)

Kunitz (upper body, picked him up when he got dropped but still.. )

Kovalev (went to Russia)

Goligoski (Severl weeks with injury)

Fisher (missed one or two this week, idk why)

Jones (ACL, out 4-6 months)

Luongo (Broken Ribs)

To me this is a horror story..anyone else got anything like this going on? LOL. crazy. All three of my IR spots have been used except for maybe a few days where they werent all filled.

Can't top that list but Gagne, Demitra, Toskala and DiPietro is a talented (and well paid) IR list.

Ah, I had forgotten about Demitra. I hope he comes back soon. Dipietro tops the list though lol.

Question , perhaps next year can we get a keeper league going? Theres a few of us who play every year and play the whole year and I've never done a keeper league before but is there a way to do that in the future for the die hards?

Ah, I had forgotten about Demitra. I hope he comes back soon. Dipietro tops the list though lol.

Question , perhaps next year can we get a keeper league going? Theres a few of us who play every year and play the whole year and I've never done a keeper league before but is there a way to do that in the future for the die hards?

That would have to be an invitation only league and would be more work on our part. We'll talk about it.

I've been offered Elias straight up for Burrows and I'm tempted.

I anticipate a bump for Elias with Kovalchuk in town and I feel like Burrows has to fall back to Earth at some point. Especially with the much-hyped road trip factored in.

I'm a Vancouver fan so my heart says keep the Canuck but my head says getting Elias (drafted in Round 4) for Burrows (drafted in Round 12) is a deal I have to make, isn't it?

I need someone to talk me into this.

As long as Burrows plays with the Sedins he is going to keep getting opportunities to score. Elias isn't going to get as many chances in the Devils system.

As long as Burrows plays with the Sedins he is going to keep getting opportunities to score. Elias isn't going to get as many chances in the Devils system.
thats true but fantasy hockey, as you know, has no patience for a 4 game pointless streak ;)

PULL THE TRIGGER!

The 4-game pointless doesn't bother me. Unless it's the beginning of a prolonged drought. I just need a crystal ball. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The Van fan in me believes Burrows can stay hot.