Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2010 Bauer Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...amp;showfile=68

Skates - The Supreme line got the makeover for 2010, and topping that lineup is the limited-edition TotalONE. Coming in at 100g lighter than its predecessor, the TotalONE has been designed to increase flexibility (lateral/dorsal) giving the skater much better range of motion. It features a revamped interior (lighter internals, lighter cloth liner and comfort padding on the edge of the ankles), an adjustable stiffness tongue (three inserts come with the skate and you are able to customize how much the tongue is able to flex) and a lightened aluminum/stainless steel runner. The outsole is lighter as well, and has four vents to help with ventilation. Just want to clarify that it isn't merely a lightened-up ONE95. While the fit is the same, the cut is tweaked (that's where the increased range of motion comes in) and it is noticeable if you hold an ONE95 to a TotalONE side by side.

Following the TotalONE is the ONE100, which essentially is an ONE95 with a thick felt tongue. Also comes in a bit cheaper than the ONE95 as well. The other skates in the line feature a felt tongue and replace last year's models, however the ONE70 is a new model for 2010. Vapor line is unchanged for 2010.

Steel has also been changed for 2010. Bauer is going to be consistent with all of their steel across the board - they will all be 9' and will come in clamshells (shop employees thank you around the world.) There will also be a travel set for people to carry a spare set of steel with them.

Sticks - Vapor line was introduced in Q4 2009 so no surprises there. Supreme ONE95 will carry on for one more season with Bauer branding. One noteworthy addition is wood and composite plugs to fit Vapor and Supreme shaft shapes.

Helmets - While the 9500 was a very good helmet, it had some fit issues with certain head shapes. The helmet was tweaked fit-wise and is now the 9900. It's a bit wider, almost drawing from the 8500 profile, however, there's a bit more under the hood. Poron XRD was added in between the layers to help dissipate impact. The 7500 is also a new helmet, and it replaces the 5500, which was a very popular helmet. The 5500 fit carries over to the 7500, but with an updated shell.

Gloves - Vapor got the remodeling this year, and the top glove is the X:60, which will come in two models - regular and Pro. The X:60 features segmented rolls, Vent Armor padding, a flexible flared cuff on top, PU/cable knit cover and a nash/lycra/PU wear pad palm. The Pro is all nylon and has a digital palm. Supreme line is unchanged.

Protective - Vapor line is changed for 2010 starting with the X:60 series. Vent Armor is added in key areas (shoulder caps/chest and spine plate) and features ventilated padding in the chest and back, adjustable bicep padding, and a ThermoCore liner. Elbow pads feature segmented padding in the cap and bicep along with a tweaked anchor strap system to lock it down in place. The shinpads feature a multiple layer knee cap, an adjustable calf wing and a wrap strap which goes around the knee and calf. The pants feature Vent Armor in the spine pad as well as full range of motion built in the hip and kidney pads. All of the pants are featuring zippers with windows for those who like to open the pants up. Supreme line is unchanged.

oh damn not liking it anymore, i thought they finally introduced the notch cut visors :P any word they'll make one with the pro wave style (on the bottom part of the visor not the top <_<)?

Edited by K9 Unit

Damm I thought the 5 lie p92 was gonna became a mainstream curve, but it's only offered on the x-60 stickum senior model and through the BauerID program as far as I can see.

Is there anyway to get bauer p92 5lie replacement blades, I can't justify money for a OPS with my breakage rate.

I currently play with a Warrior "lie 4" draper, but have had shitty durability with the dolomite HD blade, so was really hoping / looking forward to the 5 lie p92. :-(

Edited by Patrick67

It's longer. You won't be able to buy non-certs in Canada anymore.

you wouldn't happen to know how much longer; are we talking oakley pro modified kind of longer? that's the longest i know of that doesn't have vents/cage webbing at the top/sides.

James, perhaps a Canadian retailer could answer, I can't remember if it was CSA or Hockey Canada, but there was a visor change for this year. I think it is discussed on MSH somewhere.

Do the wood and composite end plugs have the respective shaft shapes (IE: Supreme or Vapor)?? I'd love to be able to get concave wood plugs. The ones I get at the local shop are always bigger than the shaft and completely square.

And I hate to ask this question, but all this stuff comes out Spring 2010, right? I want one of those Bauer shirts with the neck protection, but I might have to settle for a Mission one if it's going to be that long.

Is there no longer any difference between the flexlite 4.0 and 4.0 pro skates? Maybe i'm missing something in the specs, but they appear to be the same to me. Did they change one of them to match the other?

Edited by lukejameslarson

thanks for the catalogues! is the vapor x:60 girdle almost the same as the vapor xxxx? from the picture it looks like the leg straps are different and hip pads, i was just wondering about any other improvements.

Is there no longer any difference between the flexlite 4.0 and 4.0 pro skates? Maybe i'm missing something in the specs, but they appear to be the same to me. Did they change one of them to match the other?

Pro's are stiffer than the regular skate.

i've heard that... i just didn't see anything about it in the specs, so i was sort of wondering if they made the 4.0 into the 4.0 pro for this year, instead of having two separate skates. the pro is listed as being available in europe only, in both 2009 and 2010, but i know some people over here were able to get them.

the 2009 catalog lists the two skates as having different materials for the outsole, but everything reads the same.

the 2010 catalog lists the two skates as having the same materials for the outsole, and everything else reads the same as well.

I find the level comparison at the end of each chapter very nicely done and helpful, especially for the models below the topline stuff. Another thing thats quite interesting is that the euro x:60 shaft version is a standard shaft system instead of being tapered.

They have done the standard shaft (instead of US tapered version) thing in Europe for the last couple of seasons.

The tapered market is really slow, mainly because of pisspoor selection, so from a buisness standard point they choose to make a standard shaft with the top-model graphics.

Rbk does the same thing as far as I recall.

last year's vapor XXXX SE shaft still has the tapered system, at least per hockeymonkey.eu

http://www.hockeymonkey.eu/composite-shaft...e-sr-p-531.aspx

You are right regarding Reebok (and CCM). They are offering a 10k standard shaft as well as a U+ standard shaft without offering any tapered versions at all. The market over here for tapered systems is drying up. Most people don't even know what it is supposed to be. Prices on items ordered through LHS are also through the roof on tapered stuff (TPS, Easton and Warrior are available).

Edited by mrruin

James, perhaps a Canadian retailer could answer, I can't remember if it was CSA or Hockey Canada, but there was a visor change for this year. I think it is discussed on MSH somewhere.

Not a retailer, but one did fill me in.

It's Health Canada cracking down on certain sections of the Hazardous Products Act that have basically gone without enforcement until now. The change in policy had mostly to do with other products - cosmetics, certain power tools - that are in much wider circulation, but visors, helmets and masks got pulled in too, largely because of the WJD goalie mask certification-fraud fiasco (thanks, jackasses). The HPA has been on the books for years, but it's an enormous set of regulations: it took them a while to get through with the really serious stuff and move on to things like lip-gloss and athletic equipment for adults. Pros have exemptions, but it's unclear how far down the line it will carry.

Frankly, it smells like Health Canada budget-justifying to me, combined with a bit of a cash grab on the CSA's part - they are, after all, a private company with zero public interest, which is why their tests on goalie masks have bugger all to do with how the mask actually protects against localised impacts.

When I spoke with Health Canada, they seemed completely ignorant of the nature and construction of masks, or of the differences between CSA-approved and non-approved visors. Some of them believed all visors were out, until informed otherwise. Some insisted that only cat-eye cages were being ruled out for goalies, which is in fact wrong; it's any mask that hasn't passed the pointless, expensive, and repetitive certification process, ie. any custom-made or even custom-padded mask, unless you feel like paying $10K every four years to have your personal mask certified. The actual effect will be a serious reduction in fit and thus protection and safety at the high end for adult goalies. Another fine achievement for the CSA.

Edited by Law Goalie