Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2010 Bauer Catalogue

Up - I'll get netminder32 to review the goal side.

I don't know that I necessarily have anything to offer besides what everyone else is seeing in the catalogue. I haven't actually tried the new Bauer gear. Obviously they've integrated Itech with the mask and "10" line JRZ goalie equipment which will be a huge plus for them. Otherwise, so much has changed I wouldn't even have any bench mark to compare to.

The goalie cowling/skate are completely redesigned with removable runners now and more changes than you can imagine. Extremely innovative, should put them at the forefront of the goalie skate market for some time to come.

The "100" line pads look like they've integrated enough customization that they should be adaptable to any goalies playing style. The gloves look protective but everyone has a very different take on gloves. They'll need to actually get to store shelves before anyone can really form an opinion.

I've heard a rumour, and this is only rumour/speculation at this point, that Bauer may be making a "Kiprusoff Spec" trapper. You probably all already know that when Kipper was with Vaughn he was using a pro spec V1 trapper that had the nice funnel thumb and break that Vaughn never carried through the V2 and on line up. Goalie Monkey was the first to jump on board making the "Kipper Spec" a custom available trapper for the goalie masses. Vaughn has since seen the light and brought it back this year as the "7700 Ltd Edition" glove. (I don't think it's up on their website yet but should be soon) So from my perspective the biggest news, now that Kipper is in Bauer, will be whether or not we see him wearing a reskinned Vaughn or if Bauer looks at getting their version of this trapper to market.

Obviously Bauer has once again taken an interest in becoming the goalies "equipment of choice". They have put their gear all over the NHL Goalies and have made great strides in introducing some pretty cutting edge innovation. What remains to be seen is if they've got it right. We've seen this before with the Vapor line which was innovative but not well received and the XXX goalers with the translucent blue cowlings which had "problems".

Thanks, Duncan. I knew it was something stupid like that. Why crack down on visors when you can NOT wear one?

Exactly the point I made: surely a helmet with a visor is safer than one without.

The only counter-argument on that score is, of course, the one that says a visor bolted in at the sides (ie. that can't be flipped up) impedes emergency first aid. This may be true, but Health Canada seemed entirely unaware of it: they told me that as far as they knew, it was a facial coverage issue. They also had no clue about the safety issues involved in an ill-fitted mask. That's the insane part: the government body doesn't even know the standards upon which they're enforcing the law they wrote, since they left the standards entirely up to a private company. It's not the blind leading the blind so much as people willingly putting on blinders and allowing themselves to be lead because they're too lazy and/or ignorant to look where they're going.

Edited by Law Goalie

POV on the TotalONE from a Bauer whore.

I want to start that I haven't seen the skate or anything, I just want to say something about the new Bauer skates and what I understood from the 2010 catalog. First, the top of the line in the supremes is the TotalOne, the reason I think it has a limited number of pairs is the price, not something like a one-off or something special that is going to be discontinued. Now, what I really don't like about the new line, well first the price of the top of the line in my opinion is to high, but they got new tech in them so I'll give them that, second would be that they did not incorporate any new tech in the One100, it's the one95 with a different tongue and color scheme and that won't justify the price when they'll come out. Another thing, the ONE80 which should be a ONE75 doesn't have the texalium outsole, just a full composite, whatever that is.

In conclusion, I think the TotalONE is going to change the hockey skate forever, I mean we are talking about specs that if someone else hears them would think at first we're talking about supercars, but what I really don't like is the price and not the fact that is to high for a pair of skates, is that there is a first now. I am 100% sure that when the new vapor line will appear, it will be the same thing all over again, with a 800$ top of the line skate and that's cool, but I hope that some new tech found in the top vapor will find a place in the next lower model and won't be the case of a super vapor and the next lower end just a x:60 with a different paint job.

But the price on the ONE100 is LOWER than the price of ONE95. It should sell very well at that price.

Low than when the ONE95 came out, what I meant is that you're better off getting a pair of one95 on closeout than getting the new one100 since it's the same skate. Like I said, it's great they developed all this new tech but don't keep it all in just one skate. They could've at least put a fusion runner on the one100 and keep the tongue, outsole and liner for the TotalONE. It's kinda like what CCM did with the first generation of U+.

But the price on the ONE100 is LOWER than the price of ONE95. It should sell very well at that price.

Low than when the ONE95 came out, what I meant is that you're better off getting a pair of one95 on closeout than getting the new one100 since it's the same skate. Like I said, it's great they developed all this new tech but don't keep it all in just one skate. They could've at least put a fusion runner on the one100 and keep the tongue, outsole and liner for the TotalONE. It's kinda like what CCM did with the first generation of U+.

that being said, all older skates are generally going to be cheaper then the new ones coming in. if they were to add the fusion steel which costs $100 or $200(can't remember the actual price) to the one100 will almost certainly raise the price. bauer isn't going to put on such an expensive add on for free. that being said the one100 being priced cheaper than the one95 is a good thing.

Sorry if it has been stated already, but how much cheaper are we looking at? And are we comparing the 'lower' price to current prices for the one95 or its launch price?

Sorry if it has been stated already, but how much cheaper are we looking at? And are we comparing the 'lower' price to current prices for the one95 or its launch price?

i'm not sure of the price but i was talking about the price at launch.

I want to start that I haven't seen the skate or anything
Now, what I really don't like about the new line, well first the price of the top of the line in my opinion is to high, but they got new tech in them so I'll give them that.

So you don't accept it, but then you do?

Second would be that they did not incorporate any new tech in the One100, it's the one95 with a different tongue and color scheme and that won't justify the price when they'll come out.

Except that it is essentially the same technology, with updated styling FOR A LOWER PRICE.

Another thing, the ONE80 which should be a ONE75 doesn't have the texalium outsole, just a full composite, whatever that is.

The ONE75 was supposed to be a ONE90 replacement but these so called replacements have always been a little speced down to reach a slightly lower price point. And then you seem to be complaining about something, which you don't know what it is?

And then in wrapping up you quote

think the TotalONE is going to change the hockey skate forever

So you're claiming to have a skate which is "going to change the hockey skate forever" but complain that it sets a new bench mark in pricing. How do you expect it to be any other way?

Hope you can help me to reconcile all of the contradictions in this post to save me from thinking JR should have suggested a deletion not a repost in the correct thread.

MAP on the one100 is 600. MAP one the one95 was 650.

as for if they put fusion steel on the one100, it would have been a 650 skate, instead of 600. I'm guessing there will be some LHS's that might sell you fusion steel if you want for half the price, but then they'd get to keep the 2.1 steel, and have it at the 650 price.

I want to start that I haven't seen the skate or anything
Now, what I really don't like about the new line, well first the price of the top of the line in my opinion is to high, but they got new tech in them so I'll give them that.

So you don't accept it, but then you do?

Second would be that they did not incorporate any new tech in the One100, it's the one95 with a different tongue and color scheme and that won't justify the price when they'll come out.

Except that it is essentially the same technology, with updated styling FOR A LOWER PRICE.

Another thing, the ONE80 which should be a ONE75 doesn't have the texalium outsole, just a full composite, whatever that is.

The ONE75 was supposed to be a ONE90 replacement but these so called replacements have always been a little speced down to reach a slightly lower price point. And then you seem to be complaining about something, which you don't know what it is?

And then in wrapping up you quote

think the TotalONE is going to change the hockey skate forever

So you're claiming to have a skate which is "going to change the hockey skate forever" but complain that it sets a new bench mark in pricing. How do you expect it to be any other way?

Hope you can help me to reconcile all of the contradictions in this post to save me from thinking JR should have suggested a deletion not a repost in the correct thread.

Thanks for breaking down that post because it did leave my head spinning.

Slightly confused, just brought a Vapour x:40 with the P91a curve, but its not listed as being avaliable in that pattern in the catalogue or online.

Anyone know why this is, or have I purchased a fake stick ????

Listen you guys I don't want to get in an argument with you, if you want to pay 600$ for a repainted one95 ok, but please don't tell that the price for a pair of fusion blades is 100$ ok, that is what you pay for a pair, not the cost for Bauer to put them on a skate

So you want Bauer to sell it to you at their cost? Why didn't they think of that? They could sell a ton of skates if they gave you $50 plus a free pair of TotalOnes too! You might be on to something!

:rolleyes:

Edited by TBLfan

Listen you guys I don't want to get in an argument with you, if you want to pay 600$ for a repainted one95 ok, but please don't tell that the price for a pair of fusion blades is 100$ ok, that is what you pay for a pair, not the cost for Bauer to put them on a skate

so with this logic, i should have to pay 10 bucks to get intel's i7 processor, because, that is how much it costed them to make it? if only... god forbid they'd have to pay employees to make the product, pay for the shipping and casing costs, pay for the research and deveoplment, pay for the warehouse and electric bill, pay to market it.... god forbid any company would have to do that. BUT WAIT, THERES MORE! God forbid a computer ship store would have to pay for their employees, the cost of all the sides of business, and pay for the cost of what if this thing wont sell, then were screwed (rainy day money), god forbid people have to pay for that shit.

you sir are not smart. take that. enjoy your fairytale world where millions of dollars in R&D and product and materials mean that i have to pay for what the item costed them to make it, regardless of how much tech $$$ went into it. can you ban on idiocricy?

My head hurts, I guess this is what happens when english is not my first language, so I'll give it another shot. What I was trying to say all along is that it's much better to get a one95 on closeout than a one100, since it's the same skate. After that I wanted to say they could have incorporated some new tech in the new one100 and not just the totalone, like the fusion blade for example. At this point someone said the price for a one100 will be around 600$, lower than when the one95 was launched, 650$. Then someone else said the price of the one100 would rise if they had the fusion blades on and gave a reason for that "if they were to add the fusion steel which costs $100". NOW, what I wanted to say was that they could put the fusion steel on because it doesn't cost them that much to produce and the one100 is a dressed up version of the one95, so it shouldn't be that expensive NOW. Think of it this way, when you buy a laptop you can have a preinstalled windows or something else, linux, whatever, or nothing and you would have to buy a windows license, SO in the price of the laptop with preinstalled windows there is an amount payed for the OS, BUT it's much cheaper than if you bought it yourself (the fusion blades are the OS). I really hope you get what I wanted to say because i can't be any clearer than that and if not F**K it, there was a logical point in there somewhere, but let's leave it like that. Cheers

Ahh you guys are throwing me off, I keep thinking there is more info coming through! hahaha

I cant wait to see the new Vapor pants and how they compare to my Supreme's. I am interested to see what comes out in the RBK catalogue tho.... (any ETA???)

My head hurts, I guess this is what happens when english is not my first language, so I'll give it another shot. What I was trying to say all along is that it's much better to get a one95 on closeout than a one100, since it's the same skate. After that I wanted to say they could have incorporated some new tech in the new one100 and not just the totalone, like the fusion blade for example. At this point someone said the price for a one100 will be around 600$, lower than when the one95 was launched, 650$. Then someone else said the price of the one100 would rise if they had the fusion blades on and gave a reason for that "if they were to add the fusion steel which costs $100". NOW, what I wanted to say was that they could put the fusion steel on because it doesn't cost them that much to produce and the one100 is a dressed up version of the one95, so it shouldn't be that expensive NOW. Think of it this way, when you buy a laptop you can have a preinstalled windows or something else, linux, whatever, or nothing and you would have to buy a windows license, SO in the price of the laptop with preinstalled windows there is an amount payed for the OS, BUT it's much cheaper than if you bought it yourself (the fusion blades are the OS). I really hope you get what I wanted to say because i can't be any clearer than that and if not F**K it, there was a logical point in there somewhere, but let's leave it like that. Cheers

It doesn't take an accountant to know that buying a skate that is on closeout is going to be cheaper than buying a newly released skate. This is where you should have stopped talking.

Your point on Windows is completely different, you cannot compare software prices to hardware prices. ...Aand f you don't think that the licensing fee is included in your PC purchase, you're very ignorant.

Bauer is not going to punish itself for releasing a limited number of TotalOnes because the one100 is really top of the line... the TotalOne is a limited edition. Aaand don't get started on "Just the same skate," look at Reebok/CCM, Graf, Easton, now look at Bauer's skate lines over the past 6 years. I'm pretty sure Bauer is the only one that actually LOWERED the price of their top of line skate without drastically changing technology. Reebok/CCM didn't come up with something new until the U+, Graf has composite outsoles, Easton just fixed their durability issues. Damn Bauer for setting their bar soo high by innovating a completely new skate every year and recognizing that their newest innovation would cost too much to sell to the majority of their customers.

You're just wrong, let's leave it at that. :rolleyes:

I think that what you're trying to get at is why companies are not offering the newer technologies at significantly lower price-points. They will, but in a couple of years time. Look at the One80 skate for example, it is essentially a down-graded One90 that will be available for almost half the price of One90's.

The majority of people out there on ONE95's paid $650 or more, and now Bauer are ripping people off for offering the same technology (or we are fools for buying the same skate) for less?

You ALWAYS pay a premium for new technology when it first comes out, thats why its limited to the top of the line and people have to pay a THWACK extra to get that technology, people will pay the extra for the TOTAL ONE so they can get the fusion steel. So what, its how a company recoups the money they invested in molds, tooling, R & D etc. You sound like you think Bauer owes you something. Bauer is just another company doing business making a dollar, they will price according to what the market will bear and offer the products they think will sell.

BTW, if you are in Bauers EXPORT market, i.e. anywhere other than in North America then your problem with wanting the fusion blade on youe skate when you buy it then youre out of luck as the TOTALONE will only be offered as the TOTALONE SE - without the fusion runner in favour of the 2.1 steel! Now thats bloody funny!

Edited by monoclub

You're just wrong, let's leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Will happily leave it like that, but I didn't say the price for the OS wasn't included in the price, only that a preinstalled OS is cheaper than one bought at retail, which is logical. I couldn't find a better comparison, sry. If I'm wrong or right that's a different discussion, at the end I just hope you understood what I was trying to say.

Will happily leave it like that, but I didn't say the price for the OS wasn't included in the price, only that a preinstalled OS is cheaper than one bought at retail, which is logical. I couldn't find a better comparison, sry. If I'm wrong or right that's a different discussion, at the end I just hope you understood what I was trying to say.

I know it's tough to find a comparison, just realize that if you make a bad comparison someone will correct it. No harm meant.