Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2010 Easton Catalogue

Anybody know when the new ST 75 flex will be out? I see it on a couple sites but only right handed in Zetterberg curve. Looking for 75 flex, left, Sakic curve. Grip/no grip doesn't matter. Probaly when the season is over, right? :-)

Not sure if this will come off as a stupid question, but is the S19 OPS shaft the same as the S19 2-piece shaft?

Nope. The shaft for the OPS is elliptical while the shaft for the shaft is square the whole way with a standard taper.

Wrong - the S19 is a Z-Bubble, which is a tapered shaft that flares back to accept a standard blade.

Are the S19 shafts just repainted S15s or did Easton go back to the older Z-bubble construction? The materials were a ton better on the Z-bubbles compared to the S15s.

I ' ve seen the S 19 pad and tried it on .....it's less protective than the st 16 and has no rigid rib protectors ..the head opening is much smaller ...so I will stick to my st 16 ...or get a back up st 6 , which is basically a st 16 without the segmented biceps pads

Are black s17's going to come in W width? I know you can only get R width now, but according to the catalog (if im reading it right) it says s17 black's are going to come in W

Also how do the s19 shins fit? Similar to the s17s i assume? Anyone try them on?

Edited by goaliemanshark

Are black s17's going to come in W width? I know you can only get R width now, but according to the catalog (if im reading it right) it says s17 black's are going to come in W

Also how do the s19 shins fit? Similar to the s17s i assume? Anyone try them on?

I've never encountered anyone wearing a W.

Also - the logo hit you see during the Olympics on the S9 and S19, on the side of the helmet will be on the retail product. Makes sense - when youth orgs put decals on the side of the helmet, it covers up their logo.

i liked them. you really don't have to put the straps on to secure it in place, the back plastic really molds to your foot well. I think if people give them a chance if coming from a bauer or rbk they'd like them.

So are the S19 shafts going to be super boxy like the s15 or back to the old z-bubble shape? I couldn't stand how thick the s15 was

Edited by kovalchuk71

I think it was asked higher up in this thread but not answered yet, so I'll ask my version.

Can anyone shed some light on how the fit of the EQ skates differ from the Stealth. Are they along the same foot type as the Synergy line was? Also do the newer Stealth skates ( S9 in particular) still fit the same as the older skinned Stealth. The S7 was a fairly shallow skate if I recall, do the newer Stealth skates fit any deeper. Thanks to those on this board who have access to this knowledge !!!

According to Icewarehouse:

Fit: General fit characteristics for Easton EQ skate line

* Forefoot - Medium

* Volume - Medium-High

* Heel - Medium-Wide

* Stance - Slightly aggressive

Fit: General fit characteristics for Easton S17 skates

* Forefoot: Medium

* Volume: Medium

* Heel Pocket: Narrow

* Stance: Traditional

Also the S17 Black will come in W widths. IW will be getting them in on april 12th along with the EQ5

Thanks goaliemanshark!

Sounds like the fit stays fairly true to the Synergy line. I once had a pair of Synergy 500's.

They were too flabby and also 1/2 size too long but they fit well otherwise. Will be checking out the new Easton EQ's. I like the look as well. Kinda has a NB One55/75/90 look to them. Never cared what a skate looked like as long as it was the right skate for the job, but it's nice to see a modern but slightly more understated look.

So are the S19 shafts going to be super boxy like the s15 or back to the old z-bubble shape? I couldn't stand how thick the s15 was

Felt the S19 shape the other day and it was weird.

SHAPE: quite rounded, honestly. Not sure if they're shooting for the whole "S19=elliptical" thing or what, but it was nearing X60 feel with very rounded corners. I loved it, but others may not.

FEEL/WEIGHT/MATERIALS: As we all know, the OLD Z-Bubbles were graphite and kevlar. When Easton switched to the S15, they changed materials to some sort of liquid silicone process that I was never able to determine what it actually was. However, it was noticeable because many stated how the shafts felt "heavy and cheap". I agreed. The new S19 shaft is much more like the S15 (crappy) than the old Z-bubbles. Not sure what they did to this shaft material-wise, but it sucks. The old Z's were advertised between 275-285 grams, depending on the year. Easton always passed this info on to retailers, who spouted it as truth. As many people weigh OPS, they know the numbers are not always even close. The S15 shafts were still being advertised at 275 grams, which I think most would say was far too light for how they actually felt. Sites are now reporting true shaft/OPS weights more and the S19 shaft is showing up in the 360 gram neighborhood.

Looking at the catalog, I see the S19 shaft is supposedly the same Kevlar/Graphite construction that it has always been. I'm curious to see what sites are showing the S19 shaft at 360 grams. Strange that a shaft would be off by almost 25%.

Looking at the catalog, I see the S19 shaft is supposedly the same Kevlar/Graphite construction that it has always been. I'm curious to see what sites are showing the S19 shaft at 360 grams. Strange that a shaft would be off by almost 25%.

That's what I thought as well. I know Hockeyus.com uses a gram scale on theirs and even typically shows pics of the stick on the gram scale so you can read what it says, but they don't have a review of it.

Both sites below show that weight:

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Easton_Stea...page-ES19S.html

http://totalhockey.net/Product.aspx?itm_id...3&div_id=41

Down under "features", they list it at 362 grams. I don't know if that was directly weighed and listed or not. I know it used to be typical for retailers to simply regurgitate what Easton or other companies quoted the weights at (or what it claimed on the sticks), but once people started weighing them, they found those numbers to be off. Could it be that all those years the Z-Bubble was supposedly at 275 grams, it was really this heavy? Or is 362 grams wrong?

Also, Easton's site shows the S15 shaft using that "liquid silicone molding" process, which is supposedly based on compression molding, as the construction. Despite the fact that the S19 is merely supposed to be the old S15 with new paint, Easton no longer shows this information for the S19. They now say that it is graphite/kevlar compression molded again like they used to. Sites also say that this stick features the TORX Elliptical Profile (despite being a shaft) and as I stated before, I did think that the S19 shaft I felt had a rather Easton Cyclone-ish roundness to its corners.

Edited by Scotty

Had to go by Total Hockey today to buy some stuff and felt the S19 shaft there again. Definitely a more rounded shape than the S15 shafts were. It's pretty much on par with the X:60 and Vapor XXXX shafts. Feels great, but it also feels weighty. Both the ST shaft and S15/S19 shaft have been absolute logs since Easton switched from the Z-Bubble and Ultra Lite shafts. :(

They didn't think that one through, but they probably wanted to use the skates that they had already and didn't want to hassle with anything considering they did that shoot in-season.

They didn't think that one through, but they probably wanted to use the skates that they had already and didn't want to hassle with anything considering they did that shoot in-season.

Except he says "today was the first day I pulled the skates out of the box and put them on".

And it must really suck to have Chara there raving about how nice it is to not have to change skates yet he wears TotalOne's. I don't know if that was the best video for Easton to put out.

Except he says "today was the first day I pulled the skates out of the box and put them on".

And it must really suck to have Chara there raving about how nice it is to not have to change skates yet he wears TotalOne's. I don't know if that was the best video for Easton to put out.

My audio doesn't work, guess I missed that.

However, these skates were already altered by the eqm. mangers to work for them, so I would take the "this is the first time I've put these on" with a grain of salt. It was probably the 2nd or 3rd time they've put 'em on. Commercial's don't always have to tell the truth.

Sign in to follow this