Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Feedback/Questions about Subscriptions

Personally i think because people are paying to use the buy/sell section of the forum it should be available to all members. new or old. This way it allows new members to dive straight in and start supporting the forum and getting some sweet gear on the way.

I just think allowing all members access to this section will provide a much more wide range or items that will be available to other users.

Also i think MSH should be recieving a copy of each message sent about an item so they know who and what is going on with the sale, in doing this if something does go wrong MSH can help rectify the situation

Thanks

Personally i think because people are paying to use the buy/sell section of the forum it should be available to all members. new or old. This way it allows new members to dive straight in and start supporting the forum and getting some sweet gear on the way.

I just think allowing all members access to this section will provide a much more wide range or items that will be available to other users.

Also i think MSH should be recieving a copy of each message sent about an item so they know who and what is going on with the sale, in doing this if something does go wrong MSH can help rectify the situation

Thanks

1. We don't want people coming here just to sell gear. If it was just about making money, we would allow everyone in.

2. None of us have the time to monitor every private comment about every transaction. We have jobs, families and lives outside of the site, some more than others.

sign me up :D

ill put in my $10 to support the site...and not only the gear exchange section.

ive saved more than $10 by using this site (good deal thread/exchange section)

Thank you, we put a lot of thought into making sure the amount would not be a burden on our members that enjoy that part of the site.

$10 is a steal. Love the idea, and while I rarely do buy or sell (maybe one transaction a year) I definitely do use and browse it and will gladly help support the site. Hopefully this will crack down on some problems that have been occurring.

Thanks again for all your hard work mods keeping this site running strong!

When I pay for the subscription, what will my options be, meaning can I make the donation through paypal, or will it be a simple credit/debit card charge right here?

It is set up for paypal only at this point as they provide a record of all transactions. We don't have the ability (or desire) to handle credit card transactions directly, we simply don't have the resources to handle direct credit card charges at this point.

In brief chatter with JR, I was more than happy to concede that this place saves me a ton over eBay if I ever need to sell any gear. Furthermore, I would have no problem giving this site a cut of what I sell something for as long as its nowhere near what eBay charges.

As I'm sure JR mentioned, we looked at a number of models for handling this and the single annual payment was the easiest and least confusing way to handle it for everyone involved.

When I pay for the subscription, what will my options be, meaning can I make the donation through paypal, or will it be a simple credit/debit card charge right here?

It is set up for paypal only at this point as they provide a record of all transactions. We don't have the ability (or desire) to handle credit card transactions directly, we simply don't have the resources to handle direct credit card charges at this point.

In brief chatter with JR, I was more than happy to concede that this place saves me a ton over eBay if I ever need to sell any gear. Furthermore, I would have no problem giving this site a cut of what I sell something for as long as its nowhere near what eBay charges.

As I'm sure JR mentioned, we looked at a number of models for handling this and the single annual payment was the easiest and least confusing way to handle it for everyone involved.

Im cool with that, Id rather support a small user-guided community than a corporate-guided one

2. None of us have the time to monitor every private comment about every transaction. We have jobs, families and lives outside of the site, some more than others.

Good Point.

Although with paying subscribers, expectations of mods could go up as well, especially with buying/selling. Just looking out for you guys, as you make the site work for everyone!

I'm happy to pay a small fee for subscription to help the site out....great idea.

So can I just go ahead and make my donation now for access to the Buy/Sell section? I have $10 sitting in my PayPal account right now that I want to get rid of before my brother drains it.

We would prefer that you wait until the changes go into effect.

Good Point.

Although with paying subscribers, expectations of mods could go up as well, especially with buying/selling. Just looking out for you guys, as you make the site work for everyone!

I'm happy to pay a small fee for subscription to help the site out....great idea.

We've discussed that and those expectations are not unreasonable, but the best defense against this is having information about the person you are doing business with.

Get as much information as you need before making a transaction with someone. A name email, address and/or phone number is not unreasonable information to request.

So can I just go ahead and make my donation now for access to the Buy/Sell section? I have $10 sitting in my PayPal account right now that I want to get rid of before my brother drains it.

We would prefer that you wait until the changes go into effect.

That is more than fair... Thank you for the quick reply :D

Good idea. I will be paying, gladly, when this is set up.

Is there an easy way to set up the good buy / good sell stats as part of the paying Members+ profiles, along with the dates and buying / selling partners? The person buying / selling with the other member would be the one who gives a +1 or a -1, and maybe a short comment.

That way, when people are researching a potential buyer / seller, they can see the history more easily.

There is a section in your profile called "Personal Statement" in My Controls>>Edit Personal Portal Information.

I'm not sure that anyone makes use of it. If you wanted to put a seller "rating" there...it would be visible to anyone who views your profile.

Or, some have just used the Sig line.

I have zero problems with this. I do have 2 comments / questions.

1. is there a reason for getting rid of the trade section. I know you have said you will make your money back in the but/sell section but I still think the trade section is a great part of the deal.

2. if the trade section is done can we offer our stuff for sale but also say trades accepted too.

3. I think you guys should really make sure to emphasize that you are not responsible for bad sales. people may think paying offers some sort of guarantee.

I think this is great if you guys don't have to be out of pocket. I will pay as soon as I get to work monday.

good job guys

I have zero problems with this. I do have 2 comments / questions.

1. is there a reason for getting rid of the trade section. I know you have said you will make your money back in the but/sell section but I still think the trade section is a great part of the deal.

2. if the trade section is done can we offer our stuff for sale but also say trades accepted too.

3. I think you guys should really make sure to emphasize that you are not responsible for bad sales. people may think paying offers some sort of guarantee.

I think this is great if you guys don't have to be out of pocket. I will pay as soon as I get to work monday.

good job guys

1. There is more fraud with trades and there is almost nothing that can be done without involving the police, something people don't seem willing to do.

You may work out a trade with a seller or buyer, but we strongly recommend against it.

3. There is a disclaimer in this post, there is a disclaimer in the selling rules and we have repeatedly, and consistently, made announcements that all transactions are entirely at your own risk. There really isn't much more that we can do to make it clear.

Anyway to pay in cash as I am 14 and dont have my own paypal account?

Not at this time, sorry.

Anyway to pay in cash as I am 14 and dont have my own paypal account?

Visa makes a prepaid card called the, "Moneypak 2.0," you can use it to fund a PayPal account up to $250. You also sometimes set up an account using a prepaid credit card. All can be bought at CVS Pharmacy if you really want to make your donation to MSH.