Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2010 Warrior Player Catalogue

From a Hockey Dads perspective,I was shopping for gear around Boxing Day and noticed Warrior protective on sale. I asked some of the sale guys what was up and the response was basically Warrior protective is crap and they wont be carrying it next year. The GTA retailers are fairly old school from what I have experienced and in this economic climate wont screw around. This was only a couple of shops.

Sounds like the same wrap that Mission got hit with.

In the pattern chart each curve is followed by a three digit number(i.e. Savard lie 4 is 124), does the last number indicate the lie number, and if so does this mean that both the Vanek and Kovalchuk will be available in lies 4 or 5? Also has the Kovalchuk now become a toe rather then a mid, and have they made the Vanek a deeper curve?

Noticed that too. wouldn't say it's a pure toe curve, looks kinda like the old smyth curve they killed off.

Around here (Tampa) their sticks have just exploded that last 6 months or so. Still only two guys in my league wearing the gloves, and one wearing pants. Haven't been to a youth game in a while, but among the Adults it's mostly Bauer and Easton in protective.

Depends on the rink, I haven't played at your rink in forever but Rinkside sells a lot of Warrior sticks. :)

The protective has done well too... considering that Warrior has done a horrible job at getting them the protective gear remotely close to on time. <_<

As a follow up to my last post, I did purchase the Warrior stuff on sale because of the fact though controversial, I like the "out there" Warrior approach and I dont think there stuff is that "crappy" I really think the Projekt protective looks good

Only judging by the picture I like the look of the Projekt elbows having a shorter looking cuff, so far too long of a cuff is my only complaint of my Hustlers, although I've only used them a couple times until this week when a new season starts. So I'll probably be seeing those in my future.

Anyone know what the price point will be for the new AK OPS? Im guessing the it wont be out till March/April????

i think i remember reading somewhere that it'll be in the $150US range.

Around here (Tampa) their sticks have just exploded that last 6 months or so. Still only two guys in my league wearing the gloves, and one wearing pants. Haven't been to a youth game in a while, but among the Adults it's mostly Bauer and Easton in protective.

Depends on the rink, I haven't played at your rink in forever but Rinkside sells a lot of Warrior sticks. :)

The protective has done well too... considering that Warrior has done a horrible job at getting them the protective gear remotely close to on time. <_<

Beudin sells a ton of Warrior sticks now too. So between him and Rinkside that explains the sudden saturation of the area. No warrior protective for Beudin though.

Beudin sells a ton of Warrior sticks now too. So between him and Rinkside that explains the sudden saturation of the area. No warrior protective for Beudin though.

He must have had to carry more because Rinkside has been selling them as quickly as anything else since Warrior sticks hit the shelves. I'd be willing to guess Warrior is number one in sticks through Rinkside. They've also sold sticks earlier than they were available online. The original Warrior gloves sat for a while though.

The Projekt shoulders look nice. Ragan, if you've seen them in person, are they as low profile as they look in the catalog? Are there plastic inserts on the chest or just the sternum piece? And is it just me or does it look like the cuff lettering on the black/white Franchises alternates between white and silver? Maybe it's just the image playing tricks on my eyes.

"Eraser douche shower bag"......? Seriously....? :facepalm:

Sorry missed this....

They ran almost identical on me as the one95s plus probably 2 inches further down in sixpack area. IIRC there wasn't really any noticeable plastic inserts. I know there are some in shoulders but for chest there really isn't. Its like all the foam stuff.... very comfortable. And at the 110? price tag i think it will be, its going to sell really well. If kids try on these and x60s or one95s or 10ks, they'll probably go with these.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...amp;showfile=72

Sticks - Quite a few changes in the stick department; the Kronik and Dolomite Spyne get the DD blade (dual-density foam blade, but with a twist - mid-heel is high-density, mid-toe is low density). Dolomite Spyne also gets a new paintjob (which looks really cool in person.) Dolo DD, Swizzle and Anthem were 2009 Q4 releases, however the AK (no 27 on it) is a new release for 2010. Specs-wise, very similar to the original Dolomite. Bentley also gets a new paint job for 2010. Shafts and blades are unchanged from Q4 - note the Spyne DD and AK27 DD are standard, the Dolo DD is tapered.

Gloves - Stock Franchise glove comes with the Trilam protection package and is a hybrid Tufftek/PU combination and available in wide and narrow fits. Bonafide and Bully now have anti-microbial liners. AK27 Pro is unchanged, AK27 gets the anti-microbial liner. Eraser Pro was a Q4 release.

Protective - new line in the Projekt (which really looks interesting, however, cannot comment until I see in person in Vegas.) There will be a Projekt girdle as well.

AK27 Pro is no longer being Made in Canada. I'd say that is a change ;)

Interesting that the Bonafide and Bully are available in different color schemes. Is it me or is the undercuff of these gloves f**ked up?

Being involved in sublimation, I'm unhappy with the graphics on Eraser Pro and Eraser (sorry Keith). With no limit to what you can do with sublimation, I think the graphics lack on these models, more so on the Pro model.

Great use of sublimation on the Swagger series goal equipment. Is the side panel of the Messiah sublimated? Either way, I hope this is just the start of its use in goal. Unfortunately, Swagger looks like a Chinese Vaughn knockoff to me... :(

Absolutely LOVE the all over graphic on the Kronic, Messiah and Eraser bags, putting the straps on the back side of the nylon. I've been working on that idea for a year and have a "Cinderella" testing the bag for me as we speak with custom ideas in mind.

No need to apologize.

closer look, they also did shins and elbows

did that rep go to the msh skate? oh wait is that you miseaujeu?

Edited by K9 Unit

I love Warrior stuff. Their sticks seem to be pretty popular in this area of PA, but surprisingly more with mens league, adult players than younger players. JMO

I'm getting ready to try the Kronik next week. I was a huge fan of the Mac Daddy, durability notwithstanding.

Edited by halfmoonyote

My brother picked up two AK27 one-pieces, a Draper and a Kovalev. They're gorgeous, but I let him go for the Kovalev as I wasn't sure where it falls in the hierarchy of high-end sticks. Again, right up there with the One95 to me in terms of beauty but FWIW they were $150 at a store where the Kroniks are priced at $240.

I'll have to double-check but I thought it had the 27 on it. I'm hoping they fixed the grip/peeling/chipping issues from the shafts. The new Dolo Spynes are disgusting. They look like something from Skull Candy.

Pro Stock AK OPSs have the AK27 logos on them. They might have had an early run of retail sticks with those logos but I know the OPS will be the AK, no 27.

I was watching the canucks vs stars game tonight and I noticed that Modano was using a new stick. After a little bit of research on GettyImages, I just realized that it's the new dolomite spyne. JR, you're right, the dolo spyne does look a lot better in person (well at least on TV). The catalogue doesn't show its hyper dark chrome finish very well.

Sign in to follow this