Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drewhunz

The Gun Thread

Anybody happen to have a Mossberg 380 or 377 .22 rifle ? I picked one up years ago that had a broken firing pin. I replaced the pin , cleaned it and can't get it to strike the primer. Rounds extract manually without issue. I also tried replacing the hammer as in the limited info I found online the "newer" style firing pin required a new style hammer. Still no luck. I think either the pin is a hair out of spec and isn't reaching the primer, or something is preventing it from going all the way into battery. Any thoughts? 

Joined a local, private range back in January.  Bought a Ruger Mark IV (.22) to learn with.  Great looking gun, and absolutely love the one-button take down and how easy it is to clean.  Mostly dialed out my heeling and too much trigger finger.  A few weeks ago, picked up a Sig Sauer P226 Legion (9mm).  Not the biggest fan of the DA trigger, but WOW the reset and ease of the SA is clean, crisp and incredibly short. I was between the Mark 25 and the Legion, and the Legion just felt ever-so-slightly more comfortable in my hands.

Was able to get the Mossberg up and running. Put the original hammer back in and tried the new firing pin I sourced from a different supplier. Looks like the first replacement pin may have been off just enough to not contact the primers. Had a blast at the range with my son. Nice sunny day, private range with no one else there.