Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drewhunz

The Gun Thread

I am looking to buy a bunch of 9mm bullets. I was told that wallmart is the cheapest. You can get 100 9mm for 19$ or something to that effect. My question is: obviously some bullets are better than other but, if your just shooting on the range does it really matter? Will some bullets wear down my gun more or something? I've been shooting for a long time however; never had to buy my own bullets, so i can see how this may be a stupid question. Thanks.

I am looking to buy a bunch of 9mm bullets. I was told that wallmart is the cheapest. You can get 100 9mm for 19$ or something to that effect. My question is: obviously some bullets are better than other but, if your just shooting on the range does it really matter? Will some bullets wear down my gun more or something? I've been shooting for a long time however; never had to buy my own bullets, so i can see how this may be a stupid question. Thanks.

No, it won't matter as long as they feed an eject.

Anybody have any experiences with the Fulton Armory M14 EBR Mod 0? I'm going to be shooting it with my friends dad (Navy Seal) either next weekend or the weekend after, and I'm not sure what to expect from it.

It's the same as an M1/M14. It's a semi-auto .308 with cool furniture. Should be fun to shoot and I'm sure you can learn a lot from your dad's friend. It's SEAL btw.

It all depends on what you define as "a bunch" and how soon you need them. Buying in bulk for 500-1000 rounds can be cheaper if you find the right supplier. A lot of Wal Mart stores still have ammo buying restrictions in place from last year when dealers were buying up all the stock and reselling it at their own stores for more. So if you need to get more than whatever their limit is you either need to go back or bring someone else to buy it. Also, they'll card you and you must be 21 to buy pistol ammo. If they even has as much as you're looking to get, I know the one by me is hard pressed to keep ammo in stock still and won't have 9mm or .45 whenever I go there.

WalMart will be the cheapest civilian source for you most likely. Police supply shops will have cheaper ammo, and if you have a local shop that has commercial reloads for sale you can probably find something cheaper.

If all you are doing is going to the range to shoot, then no it really doesn't matter what you get. If you have a mainstream gun made by a name like Sig Sauer, Glock, Springfield, Kimber, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, etc, than it really won't do much to add to the wear of your gun if you're taking proper care of it. As long as you're not buying +P or +P+ ammo to shoot then rounds won't cause much fatigue to a properly maintained gun.

The Walmart stuff will be WWB. I've shot quite a bit of it through my 9mm at the range and never had any issues. If it's a good price and you can find it, get it. It's a little dirty, but I'm cleaning the gun anyway.

It's the same as an M1/M14. It's a semi-auto .308 with cool furniture. Should be fun to shoot and I'm sure you can learn a lot from your dad's friend. It's SEAL btw.

Got to shoot the M14 EBR on the 3rd. Holy crap was it awesome. That said, my buddies dad... Jesus H Christ; his arms are fucking massive. I'm pretty sure if he punched me anywhere on my body, I would die on impact.

It was an older restore that needed renewing. I pretty much had to rebuild the fuel system, suspension, transmission, and brakes. But other than the windshield and the gun mount, the body needed zero work.

Dave you look like you could take on the CDN army

:( or :lol: I don't know which one to use

Dave you look like you could take on the CDN army

:( or :lol: I don't know which one to use

I have a uncle that works for CSIS, I wait for the phone call to be brought up in reserve. :lol:

Spent a few days researching ar15's and went to the gun shop today. My three choices were all 5.56/.223 caliber. Looked at a stag a3, dpms ap4, a few smaller ones without sights. They were offering me the dpms at 940, the stag at 950. But after an hour of me not making up my mind the 2 and countless questions. They ended up offering me a Daniel Defense M4 for 990. Everything looked great so I put a deposit down on it and pick it up on the 30th!! I can't wait.

Only thing I'm still unsure of is if there is a .22lr conversion bolt for it. I'm not as worried though as I can always eventually get a dedicated 22 for plinking. But it sure would be fun putting 22's out of an ar!!!

Spent a few days researching ar15's and went to the gun shop today. My three choices were all 5.56/.223 caliber. Looked at a stag a3, dpms ap4, a few smaller ones without sights. They were offering me the dpms at 940, the stag at 950. But after an hour of me not making up my mind the 2 and countless questions. They ended up offering me a Daniel Defense M4 for 990. Everything looked great so I put a deposit down on it and pick it up on the 30th!! I can't wait.

Only thing I'm still unsure of is if there is a .22lr conversion bolt for it. I'm not as worried though as I can always eventually get a dedicated 22 for plinking. But it sure would be fun putting 22's out of an ar!!!

I'd take the DD over the other two. .22lr conversions work in pretty much all ARs, there's no difference in the functionality of different brands. There are piston driven models now but they are still the minority, I'm not sure if the conversions will work with them. Have fun!

I'd go with the DD, Stag and then DPMS in that order. It sounds like the DD will not include a .22 conversion (if that's what you meant), but you can pick one up for around $160. You can get 5.56 magazines cheap from www.44mag.com . You should have at least 1/2 a dozen.

A 14 day waiting period for a rifle??? Rediculous.

should have clarified, my bad. I put a deposit down on it to keep it at that price. My brother wants to go in on the gun as well so he can have part ownership. I am waiting on him to get his part together which will be on the 30th. He wanted to do it that way, I said fine, but buy an extra mag for himself. And that's where we are at. Work is keeping me from the range the next couple weeks anyway.

As far as the .22 conversion bolt. I'm going to check on the CMMG one floating around, see if that'll work. But I've been very impressed with everything I've read and seen With an ar in regards to versatility.

Gemtech is paying the $200 tax for anyone who buys a select model of silencer through April 30th.

http://www.gem-tech.com/index.htm

I hate Michigan.

Just got another thousand rounds loaded up for the last 2 weeks of the semester, I'll be doing a good amount of steel shooting before I graduate and lose this wonderful range. Should be out for a few hours tomorrow.

My two Sigs will be getting whored out a little bit as well as the club is hosting a new shooter event this weekend. Hopefully I can get some people to go German over Austrian and Croatian (Glock and XD), or at least American.

Sweet pickup. A buddy of mine has a sweet DD in 5.56. It's pretty nice. As was said above, would've been my first choice considering the options.

I'm hoping to finish up my build sometime in the next few months.

Anyone here shoot IPSC or USPSA?

I shoot IDPA currently, but all 3 have certain aspects in common and aren't too far removed.

My modest collection:

- Springfield Armory XD-9 3" subcompact

- Polish-made AK-47

- Marlin .22 rifle that is as old as I am

The family arsenal that we all share:

- Smith&Wesson AR-15

- Polish-made AK-74

- CZ .308 rifle

- Taurus 1911 pistol

Nice, figgi!

I'll be pickin up my Daniel Defense DDXV ar15 next friday. Bunch of buddies are gonna hit up Knob Creek gun range next sunday morning... youre welcome to join us!

My lil brother is really looking to get an ak74 in the next couple months, you like it?