Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drewhunz

The Gun Thread

Made my first firearms purchase. I am the proud owner of a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. I wanted something that was going to be fun to shoot and inexpensive. This has hit the nail on the head. I could not be happier but now it has opened up the want for more and more guns!

I'm not familiar with the model, but .22 caliber rifles, pistols, and revolvers are cheap enough, and easy enough to give you plenty of practice at low cost. It's practically the definition of "bang for the buck".

Got My silencer in. M16 build is done. Now to dump money into something else...

I really want a Colt A1, just haven't convinced myself yet to drop $1200 on a gun, also looking into Glock 23's.

Anyone that shoots with any regularity- you may want to pick up ammo now. Prices are already rapidly increasing. I saw this during the last election cycle as well.

I guess this may have been a bit of an understatement..... Not only are most places cleaned out of most calibers of ammo, most rifle racks are bare of anything semiauto. PMags are selling for stupid money, and CMT/Stag is back ordered on AR orders 2 YEARS. I have never seen panic buying this bad.

I guess this may have been a bit of an understatement..... Not only are most places cleaned out of most calibers of ammo, most rifle racks are bare of anything semiauto. PMags are selling for stupid money, and CMT/Stag is back ordered on AR orders 2 YEARS. I have never seen panic buying this bad.

I've been trying to find a couple mags, everyone is sold out and most people aren't sure if they will be able to deliver on backorders.

I'm wishing i purchased some ammo lots for my guns. right now, for what I have, all I can find is stuff for my .270Win. Went to 2 walmarts this afternoon and couldn't find any .22 or .30-30 rounds.

What are you looking for? I'll keep an eye out in my travels. It's getting crazy. It's even hard to find .22 .

All you gun guys need to take 2 minutes and hit this http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Mini-14, anything more than 10. I heard a rumor about a place that had some, need to call them tomorrow.

I'd like to stay away from the political side of things on this topic. I realize how intertwined it can be, but this is one of those topics that can be a real wedge issue and the primary focus here should be the things that bring us together.

I've been on a waiting list for .380 mags for my Ruger LCP for what has to be 6 months. At least I get to check out fishing gear when I go to browse other local stores.

Mack, will the KelTec P3AT mags fit? The LCP looks like a direct copy, but I never compared mags. I have a KelTec, hate it. Too small for my fingers- I always hit the mag release when shooting. Was about to sell it and get a S&W Shield in .40, but that might be pushed off for a couple of years until they are available again.....

Chadd- Understood. I've been pretty busy trying to keep on top of all that's being proposed and contacting folks to put heat on their representitives. This is the biggest push to erode the 2A I've seen in my lifetime. If we don't act now in it's defense we can't complain when this thread title is changed to " The sharp sticks and rocks thread".

Hearing about everyone not being able to find .22lr ammo makes me think I should have bought more when I found some earlier this week.

I hope the shop that had the stuff last week still has some when I get a chance to go back on Tuesday.

Interesting that there's been a rush on presses, as well as components. Maybe I should keep my eyes open for bullets and primers; I could probably use some more. Last time I looked, I had the attitude I always used to have. I looked for a deal, and if I didn't find one, I just figured to wait a while, and one would come along. I didn't really think about the political climate.

Buy it when you see it- it's going to be a while before things calm down.

I think there will be more on the market soon with things winding down in Iraq and Afganistan

I think there will be more on the market soon with things winding down in Iraq and Afganistan

I don't think we'll see that for a while. Surplus stuff from those (if there is any) won't be sold to us. I really don't know enough about .Mil ammo procuremnet, but I beleive Lake City is owned/operated by the Gov, so even if they had capacity we wouldn't see it. I think Winchester and or Federal is supplying the .9mm. DHS and other agencies are still ordering massive amounts. A more likely occurence will be all the folks that maxed out credit cards trying to stock up and or cash in trying to unload some of it once the bills come due....

Why is it so hard to find a Marlin XT-22 in a wood stock? I can find semis but not a bolt action which is weird in this current atmosphere.

The annual Outdoor show here in Harrisburg PA is coming up next month and for the first time since I was a kid, i was actually looking forward to attending. A couple weeks ago the organizer of the show made an abrupt change and put out this press release:

The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show is a unique celebration of the authentic hunting and fishing traditions that are cherished by millions of Americans and their families. We are proud to celebrate these pastimes by featuring 1,200 exhibitors offering a diverse range of products from outfitters to fishing boats and RVs, from archery to art and from clothes to cabins.

As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests.

To date, every sponsor, save one, has asked to be removed from their marketing materials and over 100 sorry 200 vendors have pulled out. I think they screwed up the whole "not attracting negative attention" thing. A list of the vendors that have pulled out is here:

http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/