Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iNEEDmoney

Bure Curve

i used to use the old vapor 4 blades with the bure curve and loved them.....i stopped playing for a couple years around the same time they stopped making them....i was wondering if anyone knew what current bauer pattern is the equivalent?

P10 Gagne replaced the Bure. But the P10 has also been discontinued as a retail stock pattern. The closest in Bauer would prob be the P88 Lindros, but it is a mid and not a mid-toe curve, and it is not as deep as the Bure.

The P14 Richards is available through the "My Bauer" program if you want to get an OPS, but the face of this pattern is much more open than the Bure.

I would just scour ebay and LHSs and see if you can find a P10 that way.

The wood P10 was very different from the composite P10. Your best bet may be CCM Recchi replacement, Tavares.

Which CCM replacement blade is the best out there? I had a woody Recchi blade in the past and I loved it, and spied a stick w/the Tavares pattern on it. I really like it, but want it in the replacement blade since I use 2 piecers

The wood P10 was very different from the composite P10. Your best bet may be CCM Recchi replacement, Tavares.

Wouldn't the lie on the Recchi/Tavares be way too low? The Bure's I used to have were lie 6+. That's why a thought the Lindros might be closer....

How so?

I have a new P10 Gagne wood blade, and it is very similar to the Easton Shanahan. How is the composite P10? It looks the same to me on MyBauer.

How so?

I have a new P10 Gagne wood blade, and it is very similar to the Easton Shanahan. How is the composite P10? It looks the same to me on MyBauer.

Sorry, I was referring to the time period before they made composite blades at all.

That was when the Bure curve was a work of art. There hasn't been a curve like it since, in my opinion.

If I recall correctly, the pre-composite era P10 Bure and Easton Shanahan were mid-toe, neutral, and medium length. For some reason, both companies made their respective blade much longer in length. I have a ~1998 Shanahan wood blade that I used for a few years (since I only played a few times in that span) and it is much shorter than the "current" P10 Gagne's and Shanahan's wood blades I picked up in the last year.

I have been looking for a curve similar to the P10 Bure for 3 years. Closest I found is the Harrow #4. Problem with the Harrow blades is that they are tapered -- I can't find a tapered shaft with square-cornered dimensions in a 75 flex.

That was when the Bure curve was a work of art. There hasn't been a curve like it since, in my opinion.

The original Sakic wasn't bad either

Thanks for the info about the Harrow #4, OldNSlow. I'm one of the guys who really misses the P10, but I can't really afford the One95s on mybauer. I might try one of those Harrow #4s a try when one of those coupon codes comes around again.

If I remember, that was essentially a Kariya pro type of curve but with a round toe. The original Sakic, that is. Not bad. It took over for the short lived Zhamnov, I believe.

OldNSlow, that closest thing I've found to the old Bure/Shanny pattern these days is the Iginla for me. It is shorter but seems to give me the same benefits I felt I got from the Bure.

Are you guys sure the Shanahan is the same as the Bure?

I used to use the Vapor4 Bure Blades and have also tried the Shanahan. I felt the Shanny was longer and had quite the open face.

I'm gonna have to try and dig up my old blades to see now.

Are you guys sure the Shanahan is the same as the Bure?

I used to use the Vapor4 Bure Blades and have also tried the Shanahan. I felt the Shanny was longer and had quite the open face.

I'm gonna have to try and dig up my old blades to see now.

It's not the same. The Bure was shorter and neutral faced. The old Easton Shanahan was similar to the Bure. Both the Easton Shanahan and Bure P10 got elongated at some point. Thus, each blade pattern got ruined IMO.

I can take pics of the P10 Gagne to compare if needed.

It's not the same. The Bure was shorter and neutral faced. The old Easton Shanahan was similar to the Bure. Both the Easton Shanahan and Bure P10 got elongated at some point. Thus, each blade pattern got ruined IMO.

I can take pics of the P10 Gagne to compare if needed.

So the conclusion is the P10 on MyBauer is not the same as the Bure in the Wooden Days.

What curve is closest now?