Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say what you will about the carbon being done in the past, but that has also been the past, nobody is currently doing it and technology has changed since then.

This is about the carbon skates right? There are other carbon skates on the market: VH and Makos, with Mako M7's not being far off of Verbero's promised less-expensive skate and the M8 at the same price point as the one currently on the Verbero site.

Oh ya, I did a review of the gloves (Dextra Pro) that are currently onsale on their website. I suggest you check it out here:

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/68196-verbero-dextra-pro/

When I was doing the review I was in contact with Verbero's owner who told me I was using the "standard retail glove". Since then they have posted pictures of new gloves which have completely different palms and are said to have plastic inserts in the cuff (an area I said was not protective enough).

The gloves they had at the show had a variety of options and palms. They have, for lack of a better term, a "rubberized" material that puts digital to shame. I'm hoping they offer it as a complete palm and not just as an overlay.

Don't be fooled by plastic inserts. It is more perception than reality.

While I agree plastic inserts aren't the only solution to protection. When I can bend the cuff in half and it's filled with a single thin layer of soft foam where punching that area with your hand causes immense discomfort with the hand in the glove... There needs to be something else there as a puck or a stick could cause legitimate damage.

Just saw the guys at the pro equipment managers trade show and I left very impressed with that I was able to touch and feel.

I've not used it, however, I left their booth with a very favourable opinion of their products.

Are you able to say which of their products you were able to "touch and feel?" Just going by the comments here on MSH, a lot of people seem to like the pucks and pants, 50/50 on the gloves; but what about the sticks and skates?