Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I've been consulting with a company who's been researching inline hockey pucks for some time. I told them I though posting a survey here would probably be a good way to get feedback from the correct audience.

If you have the time, try the survey below. It's 10 questions.

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey....ooncytgha717231

Only thing I'd add is about the hardness of the plastic. The Mission/RBK pucks seem to be a lot harder of a plastic than the IDS/Rocket pucks.

i second the grip on the ids, and maybe a little more weight in the center of it to keep it balanced and less bounce.....

It'd be hard to make it bounce any more than it already does :)

i dont know if there will ever be a plastic puck that doesnt bounce and that you can play with in 90 degree weather or 10 degree weather - but it certainly would be nice

i wonder if there is some way they could put a liquid inside of a puck like they do with the franklin ags balls - because it is actually very effective at stopping bouncing

120x119_1383.jpg

i like the ids pucks size and weight, dont like the bounce, also like the grip on the sides idea. I dont like any other puck because of its size, and feels larger than the ids. The ids to me feels ideal on the blade of my stick, anything else feels like an ice puck.

I would prefer a puck with the size of an IDS, with the cross-hatch grip on the side as someone had mentioned. Also wouldn't mind a bit... *AHEM* WAY less bounce. I like the weight of the IDS as well, although slightly heavier wouldn't be too bad.

Thank you for the comments and to everyone that took the survey. This has been a tremendous help for our research.

Please feel free to keep the comments coming. We may create a brief follow up survey before the end of the month.

any headway from this survey?

Quite a bit actually. The survey along with all of the posts has really helped us in developing a puck.

More feedback is always welcome. We'd like to hear any thoughts on aesthetics for the puck as well.

as for asthetics.... I would prefer performance.

As far as pucks are concerned I think people only care about performance. My only preference is that you have a bright color option such as orange. It makes finding a puck that has riccocheted out of an outdoor rink easier to find.

Performance is has been the priority for this project. We have a variety of designs and concepts that have been developed.

I'm going to try to get permission to show some of the samples and/or cad drawings on here.

bright color option such as orange. It makes finding a puck that has riccocheted out of an outdoor rink easier to find.

Yeah, but then you can't find it in the rink, while the game is being played.