Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would it be possible to suspend a 15G (or whatever would be necessary) weight in the center of a roller puck? The thought being that the suspended weight would fluctuate with each bounce and flip... this shit in weight would settle the puck down when rolling and would also keep the weight as low as possible when the puck is laying flat, we all know the lower the CoG the better. Tough to diagram with language, but essentially a dense metal ball contained in a short tube incrementally thicker than the weight. Put some goo in there, maybe what is used in roller balls, and let the puck go.

Would it be possible to suspend a 15G (or whatever would be necessary) weight in the center of a roller puck? The thought being that the suspended weight would fluctuate with each bounce and flip... this shit in weight would settle the puck down when rolling and would also keep the weight as low as possible when the puck is laying flat, we all know the lower the CoG the better. Tough to diagram with language, but essentially a dense metal ball contained in a short tube incrementally thicker than the weight. Put some goo in there, maybe what is used in roller balls, and let the puck go.

Very interesting idea! we have toyed with the idea of a weighted center, good insight.

Brian, the puck isn't for everyone. Depending on weather and the type of surface you will get differing results.

Aero Puck - Good God. hate that thing. It is way too light. The thing bounces like crazy a the rink I play at.

isn't the aero puck slightly heavier than ids...the puck all other indoor pucks are judged against?

inlinewarehouse has it weighing slightly more anyways

Hey Nick, no update yet but we're getting close to production. Once in production it won't be long at all.

isn't the aero puck slightly heavier than ids...the puck all other indoor pucks are judged against?

inlinewarehouse has it weighing slightly more anyways

just slightly heavier. The IDS, Rocket, Sonic and Aero are all extremely close in weight. Because of the lack of surface friction from the runners the puck feels light at first.

I prefer a Mach 1 puck. Always have, probably always will. IDS is ok, not my favorite though.

I just can't get used to the Aero puck (and I guess more importantly it's characteristics on Ice Court). I think our rink has a ton of them or something, because the refs always try to start the game with one, but somebody from our team or the other team will give them a different puck to use because nobody seems to like them.

The weighted idea is interesting.

I play at two facilities 6 miles apart from each other with one having ice court and the other sport court. We find it interesting how any pucks performance will fluctuate greatly dependent on the temp and relative humidity in the rinks. I myself find that most pucks bounce a little more on icecourt because of the small holes but you also get additional speed.

ok, thought so.

Just giving my opinion on the product, so hope you weren't offended in any way.

Positive and negative criticism is pretty important in things.

Hope your stuff does well.

:)

ok, thought so.

Just giving my opinion on the product, so hope you weren't offended in any way.

Positive and negative criticism is pretty important in things.

Hope your stuff does well.

:)

Not offended at all Brian! We really appreciate the feedback. We have lots to work on and user feedback is the only way we improve.

CJ, I was told by someone at the recent MIHA event that the colors represent different hardnesses? Is there truth to this?

i wouldn't fault them for cracking if you were using them in cold weather. ids pucks crack really easy in cold weather too. the indoor pucks just get brittle in cold weather. i'm hoping their outdoor puck when it is finished will handle cold weather.

I dont fault them at all. It was my mistake that I left them in my car over night and then anxiously used them the next day. I got a red/white and all black puck the other day and have kept them warm through 5 skates and theyre fine. Over 1000 shots taken with them so far.

Aero Puck - Good God. hate that thing. It is way too light. The thing bounces like crazy a the rink I play at.

Oddly enough, we have found that it bounces the least out of the IDS and Rocket Puck. It also glides the best and handles great. I guess that shows you the underlying factors in performance.

CJ, I was told by someone at the recent MIHA event that the colors represent different hardnesses? Is there truth to this?

I dont fault them at all. It was my mistake that I left them in my car over night and then anxiously used them the next day. I got a red/white and all black puck the other day and have kept them warm through 5 skates and theyre fine. Over 1000 shots taken with them so far.

Oddly enough, we have found that it bounces the least out of the IDS and Rocket Puck. It also glides the best and handles great. I guess that shows you the underlying factors in performance.

Indeed the various colors we sent to MI we're slightly different in durometer. Sounds as though your guys liked the harder ones the best. Kids seem to like the softer pucks. We're still learning a lot about the product. My goal is to offer a variety of hardness's for various climates.

Glad to hear your teams are liking the pucks. Overall, MI has been one of our most popular areas.

Hey where is the cheapest place i can get a decent Inline Puck, i don't need anything special just something that is relatively cheap and is a nice puck to play with, not ideal but i want to buy 10-15 of them so i can play around in the backyard

Hey where is the cheapest place i can get a decent Inline Puck, i don't need anything special just something that is relatively cheap and is a nice puck to play with, not ideal but i want to buy 10-15 of them so i can play around in the backyard

if you are playing outdoors then i recommend propuck - glides and stays flat way better than any other inline puck. if you are an ice player then go with green biscuit unless you are shooting with it.

Some of the feed back where my son is playing is, the puck does bounce quiet a bit.great slide response but just too much bounce.In all fairness plastic on plastice is going to bounce.I play on sport court and the rocket and IDS pucks do bounce to much for my liking. If im not mistaking ice pucks are made of coal and rubber, is there any way of mixing that with an inline puck.Or incorparating that material together some how? that should calm it down a bit.

Some of the feed back where my son is playing is, the puck does bounce quiet a bit.great slide response but just too much bounce.In all fairness plastic on plastice is going to bounce.I play on sport court and the rocket and IDS pucks do bounce to much for my liking. If im not mistaking ice pucks are made of coal and rubber, is there any way of mixing that with an inline puck.Or incorparating that material together some how? that should calm it down a bit.

I don't know if the rubber would make much of a difference. The pro pucks, while not ice puck shaped, are made of rubber and have their own bouncing problems. They tend to have issues with rebounds off boards, posts, and goalies, but if they impact the ground at the right angle, they shoot up like a basketball.

And speaking of the pro puck, yes, get this puck for outdoor use. It is by far the best puck for a wide range of surfaces.

I don't know if the rubber would make much of a difference. The pro pucks, while not ice puck shaped, are made of rubber and have their own bouncing problems. They tend to have issues with rebounds off boards, posts, and goalies, but if they impact the ground at the right angle, they shoot up like a basketball.

And speaking of the pro puck, yes, get this puck for outdoor use. It is by far the best puck for a wide range of surfaces.

yeah and sometimes the propuck takes really weird angle rebounds off the boards too.

Any updates on the chassis?

Also, I'm not a fan of having just a rear shim that looks to be about 3 - 5 mm. I would offer 2mm front and rear shims so you could run all 76's with no shims or all 80's with shims.

heres my oppion on the AERO puck

I play on sport court 5-6 times a week between practice and games, and have gotten to use the aero puck a bunch since the beginning of sep 2011. I think the puck is the best moving puck out there right now. It glides great and moves fast. My only problem is come game time the second this puck gets off the ground a little it starts taking these crazy bounces. Given the puck is never going to lay flat all the time no matter what you do, i feel like some of the materials used in it make it more prone to bouncing. Also like a few others have said, the grip on the puck is lacking as well. As of right now my choice of puck to play with on sport court is the rocket pucket. the 2 things i do like about the aero puck over the rocket puck though, are its ability to glide better and the added weight.

Thanks for the review rollpride59. We have been putting a lot of research into the materials and are working on it. Kerr, regarding the chassis, unfortunately I can't provide an exact timeline for its release. I can tell you that they will be made in the US and that we're aiming for a late Spring release :)

We're working on a 2nd puck that will be something very special.