Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wow looks like you guys did a great job. i really like the replaceable gliders and how easy they are to replace. call me lazy but i don't like having to drill out the ids pegs.

i think the propuck is great outdoors, but it shoots differently than all the other pucks because its difficult to lift. i have to change my shooting mechanics to go high with the propuck. i think this is because of the propucks low profile where the puck contacts the blade. i like that the verbero duro puck is a full height puck. can't wait to try one!

will the base puck be offered in other colors or just black? i like bright outdoor pucks for when you have to search through grass to find one that has deflected off a crossbar.

To answer the two questions here's what was posted on the FB page:

Specs.

-Tool-less replaceable gliders

-Reusable Puck Bodies

-Weight is 4.03oz (added mass for stability on rough surfaces)

-Multiple Glider types for varying surfaces and puck uses such as Off Ice Training.

-Colors upon release; Black bodies, and Green gliders.

Further Info.

- Duro is Latin for; endure, harden, to last.

- Retail Release is expected in the Third Quarter of this year. (In the months between July and September)

- Pricing will be moderately above the Aero but will include at least one set of replacement or alternative glider sets. We cannot share official or speculated pricing at this time.

- Gliders will be available for purchase separately so the Body can be reused many times. Cost of additional Glider sets will of course be significantly less than a puck, though we do not know yet where this price point will be.

is it only for outdoor use? can't wait to buy some for my team :) and heavier puck is good since im playing ice too (current inline puck is too lightweight!)

Hey CJ, have you used it at dry ice? How does it play on the ice court? The group I play with in mornings loves the aero, but wish it was a bit heavier. This sounds like a perfect choice for them!

Hey CJ, have you used it at dry ice? How does it play on the ice court? The group I play with in mornings loves the aero, but wish it was a bit heavier. This sounds like a perfect choice for them!

yeah aero is too lightweight. especially for guys that coming from ice hockey.

FYI: the Aero is the exact same weight as IDS, Rocket and Sonic pucks. It feels lighter because there is less friction.

The DURO we've been testing works great at Dry Ice. We've been having Josh, Leo and Rich shoot it everyday on there lunch breaks to see if they can break it. So far, after almost 3 months no breaks.

Yeah, im fine with the weight and know that its the same. And im used to the glide since we use it at every practice. But the group uses a puck that was created by a friend of one of the rollin ice guys. I hate it (along with many others) since its slow and way too bouncy. The reason they like it is because its about the same weight as an ice puck. Because of this they refuse to use other pucks. But since yours is a bit heavier, they may like it.

Im happy its holding up well, I dont know if gleb told you but we've been breaking a few pucks at practice lately. Though they have lasted a long time and with-held a lot of abuse! We need to have a scrimmage with you and Voltage, a lot of people want to play with you again, and the new puck would be an added bonus! :)

FYI: the Aero is the exact same weight as IDS, Rocket and Sonic pucks. It feels lighter because there is less friction.

The DURO we've been testing works great at Dry Ice. We've been having Josh, Leo and Rich shoot it everyday on there lunch breaks to see if they can break it. So far, after almost 3 months no breaks.

Have you tried cooling the puck to see how it handles colder temps? Anything under about 55 deg. F and the ids puck breaks if you hit a pipe.

Yes we've been working on it. The standard pvc used for most pucks will break in cold temps. We're experimenting with some "different" materials for cold weather specifically.

On the flip side, many pucks also get too soft in warm climates or outdoors.

Yes we've been working on it. The standard pvc used for most pucks will break in cold temps. We're experimenting with some "different" materials for cold weather specifically.

On the flip side, many pucks also get too soft in warm climates or outdoors.

Isn't that the truth. The Pro-Puck 90-100 degree California weather will bounce like a basketball if it gets on end, even with the extra weight we add to them. And during the winter, the puck feels hard and doesn't rebound off boards normally.

Can't wait to try this puck, I liked the Aero the little time I got to use it at the indoor rink in Woodland.

IN my hometown they have been using the propuck for years, and its really shitty. Like some of the guys have said its very difficult to lift due to the profile of the puck.

Am really looking forward to this, and having the replaceable runners is going to be excellent!

Being an ice guy at heart, the pro puck was always easy for me to use. Rolls like all roller pucks but once you cup it, falls flat pretty quickly. It was also a great choice for a lot of outdoor leagues over the Z-Puck and others back in the day. Coated Asphalt = not conducive to indoor pucks. We used to use them in NY in outdoor winter leagues and no issues.

Overall indoors, I think the Rocket Puck plays the best. However the light feel of the IDS is addicting as it has a little more pop on it and glides quicker but rolls like my bowling ball.

Have the patents covering pucks expired? I've been out of it for a while. But thought that any time someone launches a new puck they basically get sued by the patentholder...The "Honk if you've been sued by Alec" bumper sticker would have been on quite a few cars in the late 90's/early 00's