Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Enough. You said in another thread when I mentioned they had moved to San Diego that they wouldn't get your business, yet you still go there and talk about them in this forum like a petulant child.

They provide many people access to hockey gear that they can not otherwise afford whether you like them or not.

They have been a store front for some time since they moved out of Los Alamitos.

They've always been good to me personally...

And they didn't get his business. He never said he bought anything.

And they didn't get his business. He never said he bought anything.

Tell me...if a company bothered you so much, why would you set foot in their store, browse through their stuff, and drive there to begin with?

How often do you go to a hockey shop and buy nothing whatsoever?

As much as they have "wronged" a number of members here, they have helped so much more.

I have been an in-store customer of theirs since the first month they opened in Los Alamitos up until they moved to San Diego. Their sales staff is basically all college kids. Not all of you are easy to deal with, let's be honest.

If you don't like them, then don't talk about them. It is simple.

Edited by x-axis

In the age of internet communications and instance feedback, it's more practical that if you guys don't like that he doesn't like them, then you should stop contributing to that conversion.

moving to san diego was pretty smart for them and hardly a sign of the business not doing it well. in los alamitos they weren't that far from hockey monkey and hockey giant so obviously a lot of guys preferred those two. in san diego, they have no competition. the rinkety rink pro shops have nothing. now people have an extra option if they need something same day.

and someone correct me if i'm wrong but escondido iceoplex has the largest participation number for any hockey in san diego and the rink is only five minutes away.

In the age of internet communications and instance feedback, it's more practical that if you guys don't like that he doesn't like them, then you should stop contributing to that conversion.

yes and no. It can give a false impression that everyone is pleased with the company, their product and their service. However, constantly grinding the same axe over and over again is annoying. I'd like to think people were smart enough to recognize the difference, but I could be overestimating their abilities.

What I meant was that with internet, it's more difficult now to stop people from complaining because it's easier to do so haha

1. People should complain if there is a problem with the product or service

2. You don't have to agree with them or the company

3. Some people take it too far and look petty and vindictive

4. Nobody ever reads past the third point anyway.

• Like 4

I looked at their site for some Tackla pants. The pictures did not quite add up with their model designation, and the descriptions were not spot on from the manufacturer. Even though their pricing was good, I was not convinced I was getting an OEM product. I ended up buying from HM with a 25% coupon and some reward money and free shipping. The HT site looks good at first, but the more I dove into it, the more skeptical I became.

Edited by Tech1208

Tell me...if a company bothered you so much, why would you set foot in their store, browse through their stuff, and drive there to begin with?

How often do you go to a hockey shop and buy nothing whatsoever?

1. Maybe he went there to see if they offered better service in person i.e. gave them a chance to change his mind, which would be a good thing rather than straight up boycotting the location.

2. Uhh, all the time. Window shopping is a huge part of retail no matter what you're selling. I go into shops all the time just to see new product in person or to check if there are any in-store/local sales w/ no intention to buy at that moment.

1. Maybe he went there to see if they offered better service in person i.e. gave them a chance to change his mind, which would be a good thing rather than straight up boycotting the location.

2. Uhh, all the time. Window shopping is a huge part of retail no matter what you're selling. I go into shops all the time just to see new product in person or to check if there are any in-store/local sales w/ no intention to buy at that moment.

Those are some idiotic points of contention, especially when they primarily sell Tron-branded equipment and closeout old stock of the major manufacturers...

You said who goes to "a hockey shop" w/o buying, not tron specifically. And even if you did, tron comes out w new knockoffs/products. Finally, you admitted tron carries old stock of major manuf.'s which are usually sale items. The only idiotic posts here are yours.

I think Hockey Tron's products and place in the market should be viewed for what they are: an affordable alternative to the ever-escalating costs of major brands and retailers. I believe the phrase "you get what you pay for" is appropriate in their case.

I haven't had any issues with Hockey Tron's customer service nor have I been significantly displeased with any of the Tron branded items that I have purchased. However, I don't exactly have very lofty expectations for their products either. I'm generally buying a Tron product because it's an item that I don't want to spend very much money on: socks, inline wheels, replacement blade for road hockey, etc.

While I'm sorry to hear that some have had poor dealings with them, I think the bottom line is what motivates most consumers and is what will continue to bring customers back to Hockey Tron. Quite frankly, I don't go into a thrift store expecting top-notch merchandise or customer service.

• Like 4

Is the sizing of dj300 and djpro the same? I have a 52 djpro and would like one size down in dj3000 if sizing is same. I know what chart says, but not always accurate

Also much higher prices than the US site, less selection and no ongoing 20% off discount. If the prices were only as much higher as the US dollar is vs the Canadian dollar and the promos were similar it'd be an interesting development. As it stands it's not very appealing.

Also much higher prices than the US site, less selection and no ongoing 20% off discount. If the prices were only as much higher as the US dollar is vs the Canadian dollar and the promos were similar it'd be an interesting development. As it stands it's not very appealing.

Hey althoma1,

Thanks for checking out our site.

Just wanted to address your concerns here. Maybe a bit long-winded but I wanted to make sure to fully address everything.

1. Less selection

• We're working on building up our inventory, but we can get any Tron product upon request
  • What you see on the site now is what we've prioritized based on a number of factors
  • We're planning on adding new products to the site more or less every month

2. Higher prices

• Trust me, we'd love for things to be as simple as applying an exchange rate as it would have made our lives a lot easier
  • Unfortunately, we have a number of factors beyond exchange rate that affect our costs
  • Here are some examples (this isn't a complete list), listed roughly in the order they affect us:
    • MUCH higher shipping costs in Canada (I'll save the explanation as to why, but this is the biggest factor keeping ecommerce from growing in Canada)
      • We had a choice of maintaining a similar free shipping threshold and incorporating those costs into our product prices OR having a higher free shipping threshold
      • We decided to opt for the former to make it much easier for our customers to achieve free shipping
      • Shipping affects some products more than others
    • Duties and taxes: some products still get taxed extra when crossing the border
    • Generally higher costs of operation in Canada, including, but not limited to (none of these things on their own kills us, but collectively they add up):
      • Labour costs
      • Packaging
      • Telecom
      • Taxes
      • Etc.
    • Currency fluctuations
      • We don't want to be changing our prices constantly to remain at a perfect ratio with our American counterpart, so we need to price to ensure realistic currency swings don't cause us to lose money on each sale; we're working on hedging these fluctuations at the moment
    • Our size
      • We still don't have the economies of scale on any of these expenses that our American counterpart does, but as we grow we should be able to reduce these costs to some degree (although, as I mentioned, many are just an inevitable part of being a business, particularly an ecommerce business, operating in Canada)
  • All that being said, we did try to price all of our products competitively in relation to products in Canada of comparable quality from the big brands
    • Some products' prices were bumped up by even less than the exchange rate to ensure we remain competitive
    • Everything is priced so that customers should both:
      • Save money in relation to comparable big brand products
      • AND receive a better product than they usually would at the same price point from the big brands

3. Discounts

We've chosen to take a different discounting strategy than our American counterpart. We will have frequent discounts available, but the nature of each will be different in order to address a wider variety of buying behaviours (e.g. bogo sales, free accessories with certain purchases, free shipping on particular products, product giveaways/contests, etc.).

John

Edited by Gummer12
  • Like 2

How is it possible for Hockey Tron Canada to sell non-CSA certified half visors?

Is there a law against that in Canada? Non HECC certified stuff isn't an issue in the US.

Is there a law against that in Canada? Non HECC certified stuff isn't an issue in the US.

Health Canada cracked down on Non-CSA visors in 2009. Stores could sell remaining stock but could not import any more. Same reason why all the pro cut visors are still available for sale in the States but you won't find any of them here in Canada.

Health Canada cracked down on Non-CSA visors in 2009. Stores could sell remaining stock but could not import any more. Same reason why all the pro cut visors are still available for sale in the States but you won't find any of them here in Canada.

Interesting. Thanks for the info!