Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Hockey Tron is even selling Reebok helmets with their logo on them now. They also have the EDGE jerseys with the team designs too. Does that seem a little odd to anyone else?

In the case of the helmet and skate's, RBK and Easton probably didn't fulfill their quantity requirement with the factory to keep it exclusive. But what I don't get is why people would care? If you can get nice gear for less, why not get it. Thats the bottom line. Isn't hockey expensive enough?

All these company's copy things from each other. Am I the only one who noticed that the cuff on the new Bauer Four Roll is a knock off of the cuff of the CCM tack glove from a couple years ago? Isn't Pepsi kind of like coke? Isn't a Droid, kind of like an I-phone. Most of the big company's in hockey don't make their own gear. They farm it all out overseas. What Hockey Tron is doing isn't any different than them. It's just on a smaller scale. I say, good for them. The big company's like Bauer and Reebok, etc., bank roll the Hockey Monkey's and Total Hockey's of the world. They've created the monster retailer and now are being controlled, in some way's, by the monster they helped create. Again, I like to see an organization thats putting a new spin on how gear is sold. I say good for them.

For those considering the Tron socks, I recieved mine yesterday and used a pair in a pick up game. I also own RBK Edge retail socks, Nike Swift socks and Kamazu socks.

The Tron socks are shorter, thinner and lighter than both the Kamazu and RBK socks. They're similar in length to the Nike Swift socks, but the material feels thinner than the Swift socks and the swift socks open up more around the thighs. I noticed they updated the description on the Tron site to say that the socks will fit someone up to 6'1". That's pretty accurate - I'm 6'2" and they're just barely long enough for me and they're definitely much tighter than both the Kamazu and RBK socks. They're almost as tight as the Nike Swift socks around the shin guards (but not quite) and are tighter than any of the socks, including the Nike Swift socks, around the thighs. I'm fine with them being tight around the shins, but I wish the thigh opening at the top was a little bigger or that the elastic stretched a little more. However, after playing for a bit I didn't really notice the tightness around the thighs so perhaps they broke in a little.

They feel slicker/thinner than the other socks which made me think they may be more prone to cuts, however; there were no cuts or tears in the pair I used last night. If you want something really light, that doesn't hold water, breathes well and you don't mind a tight fit then these seem to be a good buy. However; if you're a taller/bigger guy and feel that the retail Edge socks are about as tight as you'd want to go then you may want to look elsewhere.

Edited by althoma1

It's very possible that the same factory that make the other big makers of hockey equipment also make these, they do the same thing for jeans/clothes, toys, electronics and hockey equipment is a strong market.

Often the build may not be up to manufacturer specifics in terms of looks, but not performance.

On a side note, I noticed the "S17" skates have been pulled from the website, maybe Easton got a bit mad?

These tape deals seem amazing

http://www.hockeytron.com/tapeandlaces.html

3 rolls of clear tape will run me about $9 down here in San Diego and I would have to make a drive to buy them.

Considering its no sales tax, shipping, or anything else, if you could buy 5-10 rolls at a time, it would be awesome, as long as its quality tape.

Interested to see how their knock-off PPFs do. $99 isn't that cheap for a glove, nor is it that cheap compared to what PPFs are selling at. I don't have any data, but seems to me that unless you're going to be something like 60% (maybe 50%) or below the price of the real thing, than buying the real thing makes sense for most people. Are you really going to take the chance just to save 25%? Their socks and elite sticks seem to fall at 50% or lower.

I'm also surprised that knockoffs like this don't try to outhustle the big guys on something like color. I know that adding colors isn't free as far as manufacturing costs, but imagine if they offered $99 PPF knockoffs and there are 15 color options.

And again we're talking about knockoff, generic items -- as opposed to true conterfeits where the consumer actually believes it's an Eagle glove.

Ya what's up with those new skates? They look awful.

I do wanna order some tape, even ordering $30 bucks worth is tons more tape than you'd get from LHS or other shops.

In comparison: 30 rolls of tape via HockeyTron is $59.99 vs $88.68 through the Monkey.

Edited by HockeySavants

Did anyone bite on any pre orders of the ice or inline skates? I'm curious to hear some first impressions when they're released. I have some time next week so I'm thinking of driving out to the store in Los Alamitos to give it a look. Lots of 5 star reviews for the STORE (not the Tron products in particular) on Yelp.

Just got my Tron socks and inline wheels in from UPS. Took a day from Hockey Tron to San Diego. Only Ice Warehouse has ever been that fast. I wont be able to try the Tron socks until a pick up or stick time but I have a roller game tonight and I'm gonna give the wheels and bearings a spin. I randomly ordered after one of my wheels chunked out last Friday.

Just got my Tron socks and inline wheels in from UPS. Took a day from Hockey Tron to San Diego. Only Ice Warehouse has ever been that fast. I wont be able to try the Tron socks until a pick up or stick time but I have a roller game tonight and I'm gonna give the wheels and bearings a spin. I randomly ordered after one of my wheels chunked out last Friday.

let us know how these wheels performs :)

I bought the 2.99 (80mm, 74a on Hummer chasis) wheels and bearings. I don't see any big difference between them and the Rink Rats I was using. They were slightly bouncier than my old wheels but I think it's because those wheels were pretty worn down. I like them. For 2.99 I think they're perfect for any rec league guy. I don't know how they might hold up with some of you Narch type guys.

(sorry for putting this in the ice forum. move if needed.)

Edit: I tried on the socks with my shins at home. I have a pair of retail edge socks to compare them to. The Tron socks are TIGHT. If you tried edge socks and thought they were too tight then be weary of the Tron socks.

Edited by xrickyb86x

I recently went to the Tron store in Los Alamitos. That place is huge. Its an car dealership turned into a hockeystore. Although they stock brand name items, most if not the majority of their store is HT items. Very nice and clean. Staff was helpful and it was an overall good experience. Looks like they can and will give the other local stores(Hockeygiant and Hockeymonkey) a run for their money...

Man I hope they do. Hockey Giant in Anaheim is always a mess when I go. I understand that when you work retail it's hard to keep things organized throughout the day but it literally looks like they close the place up at night without cleaning. They did fit my buddy perfectly into some Bauer x40's though.

I can never find anyone to help me with anything at Hockey Monkey. I was picking up a pair of Bauer skate socks that didn't have any size indication so I went to the counter to ask and the girl there just grabbed them and looked and said "Ummmm I don't know" and gave them back. I stood there thinking maybe she would check another source or something but she just turned around and kept talking to other co workers.

I bought the 2.99 (80mm, 74a on Hummer chasis) wheels and bearings. I don't see any big difference between them and the Rink Rats I was using. They were slightly bouncier than my old wheels but I think it's because those wheels were pretty worn down. I like them. For 2.99 I think they're perfect for any rec league guy. I don't know how they might hold up with some of you Narch type guys.

(sorry for putting this in the ice forum. move if needed.)

Edit: I tried on the socks with my shins at home. I have a pair of retail edge socks to compare them to. The Tron socks are TIGHT. If you tried edge socks and thought they were too tight then be weary of the Tron socks.

i actually like the sound of that on the socks. out of curiosity, is the tron logo on the socks screen printed or embroidered?

i actually like the sound of that on the socks. out of curiosity, is the tron logo on the socks screen printed or embroidered?

Funny thing about that is I always heard the Edge socks were supposed to be tight. I have a pair and they aren't tight and I have a 'wide shinguard'. I'll try the Trons soon. They also have the NHL 3 color socks coming in soon.

Funny thing about that is I always heard the Edge socks were supposed to be tight. I have a pair and they aren't tight and I have a 'wide shinguard'. I'll try the Trons soon. They also have the NHL 3 color socks coming in soon.

Pro Edge socks or the retail garbage? The sizing is terrible on the retail version. Majority of people I've talked to don't fit into the Jr. and the Sr. is way too baggy. I wear a Large in the Pro version and it actually fits me... not to mention they're much superior in quality.

Pro Edge socks or the retail garbage? The sizing is terrible on the retail version. Majority of people I've talked to don't fit into the Jr. and the Sr. is way too baggy. I wear a Large in the Pro version and it actually fits me... not to mention they're much superior in quality.

I must have the Sr. retail version because they are big and go all the way up my leg. It's a pain getting the velcro to match up with my compression short. Other than fit, I like the lightness and airflow with that type of sock. So I'll get the Tron sock. It can't fit me any worse than the Reebok:-).

Theyve got 20% off everything until the end of August now. I just ordered a Tron LE, got the free Tron Basic, and a stick bag(preorder) for under 80 bucks.

Nice. The Legacy is a nice stick. Even at full price I think it's a great deal. I was up there the other day and saw the 'Elite' sample. All I can say is it exceeded my expectations. I'm looking forward to getting one.

Just received the Tron wheeled bag from UPS. Looks a little small. I'm at work but I have my gear in my truck for tonight's roller game. Going to see if it all fits in the Tron bag on my lunch break. $32 with the 20% off and free shipping.

Torn changed the looks of their helmet a bit and in my opinion the angle from the front looks either like some form of bug or an UFO leaving the mother ship.

Yeah, you'd have to be a little crazy to pre-order any of their items, considering how the prototypes and dates keep changing. But who knows, maybe it'll be everywhere in a year?

Yeah, you'd have to be a little crazy to pre-order any of their items, considering how the prototypes and dates keep changing. But who knows, maybe it'll be everywhere in a year?

Yup. This is why I haven't gone for the visors yet.