Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

I bought a few things from them a couple of days ago, here is some first reactions:

Jersey (practice)/Socks - Haven't got to try them yet. Material is very soft compared to my CCM practice jersey. Embroidery on the socks does not look particularly cheap, but I think their logo is a bit big.

MegaHz 82A (Outdoor) Wheels - Gave them a try last night at the local outdoor rink and they did provide a nice bit of grip, though the real test will be how well they grip in about 2-3 more uses. They left behind black marks on the pavement when I made quick stops (more so than other wheels). If they continue to give this amount of grip and they last a little longer than the 78A wheels I usually use, I will be very happy. To give a little better idea what kind of asphalt I play on, I tried the Revision 84A wheels and I had to be careful how much I pushed off. I have no idea how some of the other guys who play at that rink use the 84A, I slide all over the place.

I bought 8 wheels so I received their ABEC 7 bearings. They look almost identical to Bones Reds bearings except the rubber seal is on both sides, not just one. The bearings had quite a good spin to them right away. These are the type of bearings that you have to open and clean more frequently (because of the rubber seal), but I prefer that design to the sealed. Very happy with these considering I loaned some wheels and bearings to someone and never got them back.

Senior Rolling Travel Bag - The interior of the bag feels a bit cramped compared to my basic Bauer 36" bag from 7-8 years ago. I had to actually lay out the gear intelligently in order to fit my helmet into the bag. I am sure I can get my ice gear into the bag, but it will probably be a tight fit unless I figure out how to pack the bag better. It has a small interior bag for holding tools or pucks, but I am a little worried about putting my skate tool in there and having it rip through since the material is thin. If it happens, there is always duct tape.

I managed to get a small tear in the side pocket on the wheeled side somewhere between my car and the rink. I am assuming the Gatorade I put in this pocket pushed out the bag enough where it dragged a bit. A little disappointing, but nothing that can't be fixed with... DUCT TAPE!

I will try to give further updates as I get a bit more use out of this stuff.

Edited by mhkehoe

Senior Rolling Travel Bag - The interior of the bag feels a bit cramped compared to my basic Bauer 36" bag from 7-8 years ago. I had to actually lay out the gear intelligently in order to fit my helmet into the bag. I am sure I can get my ice gear into the bag, but it will probably be a tight fit unless I figure out how to pack the bag better. It has a small interior bag for holding tools or pucks, but I am a little worried about putting my skate tool in there and having it rip through since the material is thin. If it happens, there is always duct tape.

I managed to get a small tear in the side pocket on the wheeled side somewhere between my car and the rink. I am assuming the Gatorade I put in this pocket pushed out the bag enough where it dragged a bit. A little disappointing, but nothing that can't be fixed with... DUCT TAPE!

I agree with everything above. Here's a few things about that bag I've noticed after a few days as well...

That side of your bag with tear could have been prevented if it had some kind of plastic on the pocket. I stood mine up a few times at the rink and while getting into my apartment and noticed that nothing was protecting the pocket and it was already scuffed up nicely. Avoid standing it up.

What's up with the zipper on the interior bottom of the bag? I have no clue what purpose it holds.

On the website it mentions a zipper that lengthens the bag. Am I missing something here? Where the hell is it?

It's a little cramped but I like the size. I'm able to fit all my gear plus a laundry bag with all my underwear, socks, jock, etc.

It's my first wheeled bag and for $32 bucks I'm pretty happy.

I agree with everything above. Here's a few things about that bag I've noticed after a few days as well...

That side of your bag with tear could have been prevented if it had some kind of plastic on the pocket. I stood mine up a few times at the rink and while getting into my apartment and noticed that nothing was protecting the pocket and it was already scuffed up nicely. Avoid standing it up.

What's up with the zipper on the interior bottom of the bag? I have no clue what purpose it holds.

On the website it mentions a zipper that lengthens the bag. Am I missing something here? Where the hell is it?

It's a little cramped but I like the size. I'm able to fit all my gear plus a laundry bag with all my underwear, socks, jock, etc.

It's my first wheeled bag and for $32 bucks I'm pretty happy.

Glad to know the pocket issue isn't just mine.

I assumed that interior zipper was to get to the rail components in case they break, but I was in a rush and didn't take a thorough look at it. Maybe it has something to do with lengthening the bag. I will take a closer look at that later.

I am happy with it as well.

I got my Tron Le, Tron Basic, and my stick bag. The Le weighs in at 480 grams, the same as my Dolomite DD. The Basic weighs in at a whopping 600 grams. I don't think I'll be using this for anything but stick handling and shooting practice in the garage. The stick bag is very awkward. Its incredibly long. It could pretty easily hold 68" sticks. Once I get a chance to play with the Le I'll probably write a review of it, but right now it seems like a pretty good deal. especially with the free basic and the 20% off.

Edited by coolpeoplearewildfans

The stick bag is very awkward. Its incredibly long. It could pretty easily hold 68" sticks.

Sold! My old ST16 has seen better days and was the only bag long enough to handle my sticks.

I just wanted to give a little update on the Tron MegaHz 82A outdoor wheels. I've been using them for about twice a week since mid August, and I would say they are nearing the mid way point in their life span. They definitely feel and wear closer to a 78A rather than an 82A. The Hyper Pro 250 82A I used previous at this rink lasted a bit longer during the hot summer, but didn't have much grip on the fairly smooth asphalt we play on. These on the other hand feel a lot closer to the Labeda Shooters (78A) that I have used out at the rink (and really liked).

I haven't decided if they are wearing quicker than the Labeda Shooters, but they are about a dollar cheaper per wheel and come with bearings so that may offset any minor wear differences. For now, I have placed a Revision 84A outdoor wheel in the back wheel position on both skates to alleviate a bit of wear, and this seems to have provided a good mix of grip and wear.

In summary, I am still happy with what the wheels provide for the price. If you buy them, expect them to be a bit softer and grippy than other 82A wheels, and to wear accordingly.

You must not have the new CCM Practice Jersey...they are the same material as the TRON jersey.

Thanks for mentioning that! The new CCM Practice Jersey's are quite nice in my opinion...Will have to try TRONS out sometime.

I ordered a Tron Basic on the 26th. I got the C7 (Zetterberg) clone stick in non grip. The order was placed at about 10am on monday, just checked the tracking and it will be here today! 2 day "free" shipping isn't bad at all. HT says the basic model is in the X:30/EQ30 level, so for $100 worth a value i'll give a full review soon!

I will be curious to see what people say about the sticks over the long run. I was thinking about picking one up, but I will probably hold off until I lose another blade on my 2-piece sticks. I saw one guy in an in-house game with a Tron LE (judging by the color), and it broke in the middle during the game. Kid seemed pretty rude so I wasn't about to start asking him questions.

Well my initial thoughts are very high. The stick seems quite a bit lighter than expected, around the 500 gram mark. The blade(C7) is a spot on copy of a Zetterberg, which is exactly what i was hoping. The only gripe i have is a little bump and the fuse point where more material was added for strength, not a bad thing but a lil unsightly none the less. So for $39.99 out the door, i'm pretty damn happy so far. Now just to hit the ice.....

anyone got Tron Elite sticks? i got told in an email that the first batch sold super fast and they took them off the website cuz they dont want to oversell. wondering if i should wait to order when they get more or just go for an LE.

I don't think it has anything to do with overselling. I see that the website says they will be available October 15th. The LE is a nice stick, especially at that price - 450 grams at standard length (60"). The '405' is really, really nice. Super light, great balance, with practically no graphics. I'm looking forward to seeing the Elite when they are available.

I don't think it has anything to do with overselling. I see that the website says they will be available October 15th. The LE is a nice stick, especially at that price - 450 grams at standard length (60"). The '405' is really, really nice. Super light, great balance, with practically no graphics. I'm looking forward to seeing the Elite when they are available.

Could be that they won't have the production to meet all the pre-orders for it, and rather than upset customers that some receive the sticks and others don't, they will remove the ability to pre-order until they can get another batch going. The LE looks nice, but I think the 90 flex is a bit high for me.

Just ordered the tron NHL style socks and their top visor. Won't be able to offer much of a comparison with the visor as its the first one I'll have tried. I can offer a comparison in fit between both types of socks, if there is any to give.

Just ordered their top visor, practice jersey, and shin tape 6 pack. I'll let you all know how those are.

Practice jerseys are pretty nice I have three of them. very light and comfortable

Yeah I have a pair of their socks and I like those so I figured the jersey would be nice.

I'm just waiting for them to make some Tron NHL socks in the new Kings colors. I'll be all over those.

Also, is there a Tron rep anywhere on this board? I'd love for them to chime in about maybe some upcoming products or ideas.

I will be getting two of the scratch proof visors and Penguins away socks. I will let you guys know how well they work.

I have a Bauer Pro Wave Visor as well and will compare the optics and strength.

For rec league I'm sure they will be fine.

ive bought some tron stuff. they are always running some 20% off deal.

Tron LE - best price point stick out there that I've tried or really seen.

405 stick - it isn't 405 grams. all the weight they reduced out of it came from the shaft so it is one of the more unbalanced sticks I have tried. It got whippy very quickly. whippy stick + heavy blade, I had a hard time ever understanding the stick, I still have it and for some positives it has not even really chipped, I like the lack of graphics on it, and this is really one of their first high end sticks so I am looking forward to seeing what more is to come.

I got a practice jersey from them, which is comfortable, lightweight, and cheap.

I got a pair of socks, I think they were Phili's third, and the orange is BLAZE orange. I am talking hunters safety orange. They are self-luminescent. I am trying to put across how bright orange these socks are. I have not tried other colors but I am sure I will order from them again.

As for the rest, they seem to be running 20% off anytime I visit the site, and free shipping over 30 bucks is a great deal. I am fixin to order some of their tape and some other this and thats to try out.

Hope this helps some folks.

I guess you get what you pay for with TRON. I bought the wheeled hockey bag. When you roll it, the pocket on the wheel end drags on the ground, burning holes into the fabric. One of the top lengthwise seams completely blew out a couple of days later. The bag lasted me about 2 weeks total.