Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

I guess you get what you pay for with TRON. I bought the wheeled hockey bag. When you roll it, the pocket on the wheel end drags on the ground, burning holes into the fabric. One of the top lengthwise seams completely blew out a couple of days later. The bag lasted me about 2 weeks total.

Other than the wheeled side dragging a bit, I haven't had another other problems with the bag. I still think it is worth it

I got the visors from Tron today, they feel very solid and flex the same as my Pro Itech. The view is crystal clear and weight feels about the same.

For rec league they may be just fine, I will continue reporting on them as I start to use them.

I guess you get what you pay for with TRON. I bought the wheeled hockey bag. When you roll it, the pocket on the wheel end drags on the ground, burning holes into the fabric. One of the top lengthwise seams completely blew out a couple of days later. The bag lasted me about 2 weeks total.

Did you try reaching out to their customer support? They've been very responsive to my questions and concerns. Plus, if you're trying to establish a new brand (even a price point one) it would make good business sense for them to offer you a replacement or a refund option. Give it a shot.

I got the visors from Tron today, they feel very solid and flex the same as my Pro Itech. The view is crystal clear and weight feels about the same.

For rec league they may be just fine, I will continue reporting on them as I start to use them.

Pic? Mine's in the mail.

Pic? Mine's in the mail.

Here's a pic of the Tron Visor...it's actually quite good...the hardware looks to be the same as Bauer

2011+-+1

This is shot at wide angle so that is why the visor looks distorted

Edited by HockeySavants

Mine should be here today. I am starting to develop a pretty decent amount of tron gear. including my incoming order my inventory includes:

I tron pro travel bag

3 Tron solid color practice jerses (SK100) in white blue and grey

2 pair of SK100 socks in white and blue

1 pair of SK200 socks Tampa bay home

1 Tron S30 visor

and a roll of blue Tron shingaurd tape

maybe a picture of my collection is in order?

I have a navy Tron DJ200 jersey. Our league gives you a free practice jersey with your signup, and I guess they went with Tron. It fits WAY better than the kamazu plain jerseys I'd been wearing, too.

Our league also has the HockeyTron team on it as of this season... still haven't faced them in a game, though. I imagine they probably all have matching Tron jerseys and socks ;) (I wish our team had matching jerseys... )

I really want a Tron 405 stick, just mainly because I love the all-black look, and for the price... But I think an 85 flex would be too stiff for me, especially since their site says they are 1-1.5 inches longer than standard senior sticks, which means I'll have to cut even more off than usual. If they'd introduce a 75 flex, I'd be all over it.

Thinking of trying a Tron shaft and blade combo...

I have a navy Tron DJ200 jersey. Our league gives you a free practice jersey with your signup, and I guess they went with Tron. It fits WAY better than the kamazu plain jerseys I'd been wearing, too.

Our league also has the HockeyTron team on it as of this season... still haven't faced them in a game, though. I imagine they probably all have matching Tron jerseys and socks ;) (I wish our team had matching jerseys... )

I really want a Tron 405 stick, just mainly because I love the all-black look, and for the price... But I think an 85 flex would be too stiff for me, especially since their site says they are 1-1.5 inches longer than standard senior sticks, which means I'll have to cut even more off than usual. If they'd introduce a 75 flex, I'd be all over it.

Speaking of, anyone tried the Elite stick? I think I am in the same boat, with how much I have to cut off a stick, a 85 flex that long is going to be a bit too stiff for me. Very hard for me to find a stick that is in the 80-85 range after cutting.

The 405 I received is the same length as a retail x60 I have.

I'll hook up some pics of the tron things I have bought when I get a chance.

Has anyone received any tape from them? Any good?

Edited by nash

I received the shin tape today. Looks like every other shin tape I've bought before. I would use it tonight but I'm skipping ice time tonight because I got my annual sinus infection. ugh.

Oh My god, I'm going to spend all my hockeymoney on hockeytron :P I'm actually hesitant to buy their higher end stick, how well made are they? (or not) would you recommend them even at a higher price point or should I rather go with only the gear that is truly inexpensive?

To see what the hype was about, I bought a Tron LE blade a month ago that was advertised as the modano/zetterberg clone. I don't know if it was a bad batch or what, but the curve seems to be more towards the heel, and slightly more open. Looking back, I probably should have contacted them to see why there was a discrepancy, but I didn't plan on using it much, so I just put it in the pile.

It looks like other people have had better experiences, but to me it just seems like one of those reminders that you get what you pay for, and that I'd be happier in the long run just spending the money on exactly what I want, rather than relying on something that's "close enough."

Blades clones vary from company to company though. They're usually always close but not exact. I woudn't call your purchase a bad experience. You haven't even tried the blade to see how it plays.

If I snapped sticks like I used to I would probably be all over more tron sticks, but I am easier on them and beer league is definitely easier on them, so I would rather drop more coin on a higher end stick, just my 2 cents.

well i got my tron elite sticks. i got 2 malki (p92) curves and one of them looks a little off like the curve starts at the heel but not a biggy

the stick feels super light, didnt measure it exactly but it does feel as light as a total one. only complaint is it could be a little better balanced. so far i am very happy with what i got for what i paid. going to go to stick and puck for a full test run next week. i only used it for a few shifts today in a game

Has anybody tried the 80-90 line of equiptment.... the gloves and shin pads are looking really tempting right now at their price points. Especially because old jofa shins are getting harder to find and the 80-90 shins look like they have the same padding and fit.

So I went ahead and bought a Tron 405. I just couldn't help it. The all-black (actually, its more of a carbon fibre pattern) is gorgeous.

I went with the only flex they have available (85) and had to trim it by a good 4-5 inches. It's likely WAY too stiff for me at this point, but not much I can do about that, since they don't intend to make a 75 flex. I had to cut it so that the grip actually goes down past the "405" graphic, and just above the Tron logo (now the only thing not black - I might actually go over it with a sharpie, or perhaps black nail polish would hold up better?)

Here's a shot with a new tack-mac Kane grip installed (I wish the Kane grips had knobs...):

1W1hwl.jpg

The only odd thing is that I ordered the "Jarvis" curve, which the website claims to be "Closed faced, Round toe", with their "similar curve" listed as "Lindros". They also specify the "curve characteristics" as best for wrist shots and stick handling. I figured since I don't know how to take a slap shot, this was probably the stick for me.

However, on what planet is THIS a round toe?

tBTpul.jpg

Not that I care, I've been wanting to try out a square toe anyway, but still...

It will be hard to tell you how it performs, since I'm a terrible player who doesn't know how to take a slapshot and rarely touches the puck, besides passing it up to the skilled guys or banging at a rebound. RARELY do I get to take an actual shot on net. Oh well.

Starting to wonder if Hockeytron stuff should get moved into it's own topic...

Edited by OptimusReim

I bought 2 of them and have been using them for about 3 weeks now. I had one break on shot block (the guy had a REALLY REALLY hard slap shot, had one bruise my shin through my shin pads on another block). other than that, the stick is really great for its price. it feels as light as a totalone. i wouldnt say im a pro but im an above average player. the stick has increased my wrist shot a lot, but im still trying to find the right point for my slapper. im used to a 102 flex stick and going down to a 85-90 could be that difference. puck feel is lacking a bit, but i still love the sticks and would probably keep ordering them without a thought if i didnt have to go through the pain of shipping to canada.

i broke my stick last thursday and it being the holidays(for americans) i havent received an e-mail back yet about my warranty, so im hoping the customer service pulls through here soon. i was asking quite a few questions before i bought the sticks through e-mail and i always had replies back within 24 hours.

Starting to wonder if Hockeytron stuff should get moved into it's own topic...

There is simply too much stuff to move. I will see if it is possible to split by a specific date when I get time.