Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Just got a pair in the mail yesterday. I'll agree with most of the comments. Palms feel a bit chunky, the build quality isn't the best... however, they are still comfortable and most definitely have plastic inserts in the backrolls/fingers. Compared to my bauer 4-rolls I bought last year, the tron 8090's seem lighter, but I prefer the palms and feel of my Bauers, Since the regular price of the 4-rolls and 8090's are close, no question I would opt for the 4-rolls. However, I got the 8090's on a 1-day special for $40... at that pricepoint, i don't think I could get anything better.

I would agree with the comments you made. The gloves I ordered for the forty bucks arrived today, and they seem comfortable but cheaply made. I guess I will give them a shot, as my Eagles have holes in the palm. I don't see these lasting long though.

That said, I picked up some socks and jerseys, and they seem great for the little money I spent on them.

They claim the palm is MSH2. Is it even close to that?

The palm is definetely not MSH2. I have Eagle PPFs with MSH2 and can compare. The palm is close to what Bauer 4-rolls have but maybe not so thin and soft.

It seems a lot taller than the straight cut that Bauer/Itech makes. Can you comment on that?

I thought the same thing.I ordered one when it came , its actually pretty short. Its very close to my oakley straight cut.

I just looked at the visors on the website and I would have a hard time ordering one. The S30 visor compares the RBE and Oakley aviator models and calls the optics on both "good". The comparison also shows their price as $16.99, yet they are charging $19.99.

Bought a pair of the tron inline skates for a friend for xmas for a friend since they were cheap. They shipped the wrong item the first time, but they let me keep it. Second time I got the skates, but I have to say that you definitely get what you pay for. They seem like a Payless Shoe store version of a skate. There is glue dripping out of a number of spots, stitching is off, and the toe cap on one skate is further forward on one skate (about a half size). The material the skate is made out of feels very similar to the low end skates, so I don't know where they are getting their comparisons to the T6 and RX25. The paint on the chassis is poor, and looks like it will come off pretty quickly, even with how little this person will use them. We will see how the bearings and wheels respond once they are used, but out of the box they seem to not spin particularly well.

Ultimately, if they don't fall together super quick and are comfortable, I will be happy. These are just meant to be a cheap pair to introduce someone to the sport.

I just picked up two inno maniacs pro lite 2 from HM I pulled the end plug and on both its says SHO followed by numbers. Anybody know if this means their shoguns ?. I was hoping for dolo's.

Bought a pair of the tron inline skates for a friend for xmas for a friend since they were cheap. They shipped the wrong item the first time, but they let me keep it. Second time I got the skates, but I have to say that you definitely get what you pay for. They seem like a Payless Shoe store version of a skate. There is glue dripping out of a number of spots, stitching is off, and the toe cap on one skate is further forward on one skate (about a half size). The material the skate is made out of feels very similar to the low end skates, so I don't know where they are getting their comparisons to the T6 and RX25. The paint on the chassis is poor, and looks like it will come off pretty quickly, even with how little this person will use them. We will see how the bearings and wheels respond once they are used, but out of the box they seem to not spin particularly well.

Ultimately, if they don't fall together super quick and are comfortable, I will be happy. These are just meant to be a cheap pair to introduce someone to the sport.

free spinning bearings under no load won't tell you anything. it just means they've used a grease rather than a light oil. under load the friction from the grease won't be noticed as long as they used grease for inline skate bearings. grease takes less maintenance than an oiled bearing and the difference in rolling resistance is negligible unless you are a speed skater.

free spinning bearings under no load won't tell you anything. it just means they've used a grease rather than a light oil. under load the friction from the grease won't be noticed as long as they used grease for inline skate bearings. grease takes less maintenance than an oiled bearing and the difference in rolling resistance is negligible unless you are a speed skater.

I understand that. I mean that the bearings and wheels are completely different from the ones they sell seperately. The wheels will actually spin freely forward for part of a turn, stop, and spin back.

Edited by mhkehoe

Does anyone who has the visor give a measurement of how tall it is. I skimmed the site briefly and didn't see one.

About 3 3/16" at the middle. It is very slightly shorter towards the sides

Just thought I would share my most recent experience with Hockey Tron...

My previous experience with them was just for inline hockey wheels (which I was pleased with).

I placed an order last Friday for some mid-range Tour online skates (GX-7's). I also orederd a Koho tapered blade, some Elite laces that no one else carries and a boatload of inline wheels.

I got the box today and they sent me the next higher model of tour skates (ZX-9). Everything else was as I ordered. These skates are about $130 more at the retail level than what I ordered.

Being an honest guy, I called them. The emloyee that answered said it was intentional as they did not have GX-7's in stock in my size. He said he appreciated the honesty though and thanked me for my business. Very pleasant.

Having dealt with stock problems with HockeyMonkey, HockeyGiant and TotalHockey - I can tell you that no one has ever done that before. I am fairly impressed. Everyone else would have called to inform that they were out or just back held my order.

I am the type of guy who's only luck is bad luck. Had a fairly bad day today as well. This kinda turned things around...

I remember reading in this thread that they're pretty much TPS shin pads. I just got my 8090's in the mail yesterday. I haven't used them yet but they were very comfortable when I tried them on.

I also got two jerseys and two pairs of socks. The jerseys are XL's and huge so I'll probably send them back.

So far I have placed three orders. First I ordered just wheels and was please, then a new set of inline skates and ice, they didn't have the skates I ordered in my size and also upgraded me free of charge, They also upgraded anumber of other items and don't seem to want wrong stuff sent back. Customer service is tops, price's are good as well. ( though I only seem to order known brand equipment.)

a couple of my buddies ordered the tron visors and they are awesome. I cant tell the difference between that and my 60$ itech. I bought the s10 inline skates and sent them back right away, they are absolute garbage, even for 90$

a couple weeks ago bought TRON S30 Anti Scratch/Anti Fog and was surprised how clear that was , fit my S9 perfectly . In my first game with this visor I got a hit with a stick and some signs appearred on the external surface like big scratches , my first thought coming in was "damn,bad luck" and it felt like scratches , but to my surprise I managed to wipe it out with a towel at home . So my first expirience with Tron visor was really funny .

I've been using my 8090 shin pads and Tron socks for about 7 ice times now. The shin pads are very comfortable and protective. I've taken several hard shots to the shins and haven't felt anything. I really like the socks as well. They fit tight but not too tight.

I also ordered two of the jerseys, but ordered them too big. Hockey Tron exchanged them for a smaller size, no questions asked. I've been very happy with them so far.

Anyone have any experience with the 405 or Elite sticks? I'm looking to pick a couple new sticks up soon.

Eric

I've been using the Tron LE now for about 6 months and I really like it. The curves on the LE line are all completely off what they say they are supposed to be. The durability is incredible on my LE it has some nasty looking cracks in it and has for about the last 5 skates and has yet to break or feel soft and I haven't been babying it.

I just got my warranty replacement on the Elite, broke after about 9 skates, and just blew apart about 4 inches above the blade when it took a slash in mid wrist shot. It is lighter than the LE for sure, but as for the price I would probably just get another LE. I want to say you can get the LE for like 40 dollars right now with some code. EDIT... enter code tronle in coupon code section for 50% off, 39.99. The LE weighed in around 500 grams w/ tape on handle and blade and the Elite weighed in around 455 grams w/ handle and blade taped.

I know a few people with the 405 and it is very light, haven't played with it because they were not my hand. Although I know that if you like to cut your stick down the 405 can get rather stiff, but if you cut less that 6 inches off (I think its 6 inches, check before you take my word) and you dont like the stick you can still send it back in 30 days for a full refund.

I have noticed that the sticks look a little "shady" above the blade at the fuse point but has yet to be an issue for me.

Just scooped up the Phantom Phenom gloves from Hockey Tron for 25 bucks (50 percent off coupon code) and when they got here I had a 14" left hand and 15" right had glove! I e-mailed with a picture of the goof and they e-mailed me back right away and I now have the right hand 14" and left 15" coming in the mail for FREE!

I also have the Tron socks and really like them. Have been using them little over a month, 2-3 skates per week. Once again can't beat the price.

Unbelievable service from the these guys and you can't beat the prices. They always have crazy daily deals if you are on there e-mail list.

Edited by Tapiolaboy13

+1 on the Tron daily email deals. I ordered the DR x80 elbow pads when they were the daily deal ($45 marked down to $15). Wore them to stick and puck on Monday- very comfortable, pro-level protection but perhaps a bit 'pointy' on elbow caps (not low profile).

Edit: looks like they are still avail for 14.99, limited sizes

Edited by MarsB