Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Does anyone happen to have the orange socks? I want to get a pair of edge style socks, but it seams like everyone makes them in burnt orange (the old flyers orange) and i'm looking for the newer, brighter flyers orange socks - in 1 color. . . no stripes

If you shoot them an e-mail asking if they have actual pictures of the socks they have sent me pictures before... I had the flyers orange with single wide white stripe socks for a while and they are definitely the new bright orange, but they have a stripe.

hockeytron has won me over for alot of gear except helemt skates and sticks..

Regarding this...

I've scored in every game that I've used my new Tron 405 stick (and I'm NOT a goal scorer!)

This past Sunday, I decided to use my brand new Easton EQ30 stick (I bought it 2 days before I bought my 405 and have never used it). I didn't play well, and while that wasn't the sticks fault, I decided to switch it out for my Tron 405. Anyway, point is... it was SIGNIFICANTLY lighter in my hands. Maybe it was just me, but it really truly felt noticeably lighter.

I've also come to the conclusion that I actually like the square toe (the Tron website says its round, but its not). Very very happy with what I got for the price!!

The sticks are actually a very good value. The basic model is by no means lightweight and doesn't have much pop but it's a tank and a great value for beginners and rec folks. I've converted some old timers who are used to heavy lumber to these sticks and they are very satisfied. The LE is the best bang for the buck OPS out there. I've got a lot of folks using them now and you can usually score them for around $60 with the promos they run. It's as good if not better than the big boys $100 models. Good pop, decent weight, and durable from what I've seen thus far.

The 405 is definitely lightweight but I can't comment on the performance level. I know some folks have said its blade heavy but I didn't really get that impression for handling it. Someone also said it was "shady" at the fuse point, which is done purposely with paint under the clear coat. The stick is all exposed composite and the fuse point would be very noticeable if that paint wasn't there. It's noticeable if you're looking at it but since the stick is all black, it doesn't stand out on the ice.

I've worked with most of the Tron line of products at this point so I'll be happy to answer any questions about my experiences\impressions.

The sticks are actually a very good value. The basic model is by no means lightweight and doesn't have much pop but it's a tank and a great value for beginners and rec folks. I've converted some old timers who are used to heavy lumber to these sticks and they are very satisfied. The LE is the best bang for the buck OPS out there. I've got a lot of folks using them now and you can usually score them for around $60 with the promos they run. It's as good if not better than the big boys $100 models. Good pop, decent weight, and durable from what I've seen thus far.

The 405 is definitely lightweight but I can't comment on the performance level. I know some folks have said its blade heavy but I didn't really get that impression for handling it. Someone also said it was "shady" at the fuse point, which is done purposely with paint under the clear coat. The stick is all exposed composite and the fuse point would be very noticeable if that paint wasn't there. It's noticeable if you're looking at it but since the stick is all black, it doesn't stand out on the ice.

I've worked with most of the Tron line of products at this point so I'll be happy to answer any questions about my experiences\impressions.

I have been really wanting new shin pads as my 15' Jofas are just too small for my 6'3' height. Needless to say my ankles are exposed. I love the Jofa so much I just cant quit them. How are the 80-90? in comparison to my 8090 Jofa what will I notice? would the 16 or 17 be a better fit for my height?

thanks in advance for your help

The 80-90 shins are solid but not the top of the line protection and quality of the Jofa 8090.

The 80-90 is more of a mid-range pad; solid protection but not bulletproof. They appear to be a clone of the TPS R6 shins from a few years back. It's subjective, but they seem to have a good fit for most people are are not too "deep" or "shallow" (out of the people I've sold them to locally). The removable liner is also a nice feature on a $40 shinpad.

e-mail daniel@hockeytron.com, He always answers and is great. I have the Elite in the Malki curve and really like it. Best stick for the price I have ever used by far. Two of my buddies have the Tron bag and like it.

@Doctor Hook, the pro style bags are decent. I found them to be a little smaller than I was expecting for 38".

As far as the backpack and locker style bags go, I'd be cautious. Hockey Giant did a run of similar bags under their "Gear" label and the quality\durability was lacking.

I ordered their Tron bag for about $29. I wanted a basic pro type of bag with internal skate compartments. Anyone else have a Tron bag?

I picked one up last year... it's holding up well. I haven't had any issues to date.

Found out where Tron is getting their visors and helmets.. (I assume all their other gear too.)

http://www.aliexpres...lmet-visor.html

If they are getting them at $9 a visor and have some kind of shipping deal then they're making a decent profit per visor.

So we have no way of knowing if these were quality tested or certified or any of that stuff? That just seems super sketchy.

250$ for a hockey stick and 850$ for a pair of skates is the ultimate margin imo

That would never exist ... ever lol

Edited by AIREAYE